News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Ted Lilly. A Cub.  ( 44,870 )

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Ted Lilly. A Cub.
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2008, 10:58:38 PM »
Quote from: TJ on September 10, 2008, 10:54:38 PM
Quote from: BichetteHappens on September 10, 2008, 08:06:30 PM
Len just said Ted broke up a dog fight by putting his hand inside a pitbulls a lipstick-less hockey mom's mouth to pry its' jaws apart...

I came.

Ted Lilly: All That Is Man.
General Election Clusterfucked

Oh god...it's spreading...
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2008, 07:10:04 AM »
Quote from: Cade on September 10, 2008, 10:51:48 PM
The elder and dead Theodore Roosevelt approves of Theodore Roosevelt Lilly's actions.

Bully!
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Taylor2

• Taylor2. Now with more sarcastic venom.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2008, 08:05:59 AM »
QuoteLilly said he had not intended to injure Molina, who left the game three innings after taking a knee to the left thigh on a tag play at the plate.

"First of all, I hope he's not hurt," Lilly said. "It's not something I was trying to do and it's almost more dangerous if I slide and my only other option is to stand there and let him tag me. At that point in the game, it's useful.

"I don't know if I'm going to go eight innings and not give up another run so I feel like we have to do what we have to do to score more runs."

Molina left the game after the thigh tightened on him and expects to miss a couple of games. He had not been expecting a collision, given the pitcher was running.

Today Ted might have to pinch run and not intend to injure Fat Albert.
01/20/2013

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2008, 08:37:30 AM »
Quote from: Taylor2 on September 11, 2008, 08:05:59 AM
QuoteLilly said he had not intended to injure Molina, who left the game three innings after taking a knee to the left thigh on a tag play at the plate.

"First of all, I hope he's not hurt," Lilly said. "It's not something I was trying to do and it's almost more dangerous if I slide and my only other option is to stand there and let him tag me. At that point in the game, it's useful.

"I don't know if I'm going to go eight innings and not give up another run so I feel like we have to do what we have to do to score more runs."

Molina left the game after the thigh tightened on him and expects to miss a couple of games. He had not been expecting a collision, given the pitcher was running.

Shitty catching. You should ALWAYS expect a collision.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2008, 08:41:07 AM »

Surprise! The Jockey told me that the Genius is shocked and appalled at Ted's despicable actions.

QuotePiniella said Lilly wasn't supposed to run on the grounder by Derrek Lee, but he added it was a clean play. St. Louis manager Tony La Russa said the Cubs "play the game hard," adding "it goes both ways."

But when asked about Lilly's performance, La Russa hedged.

"I'll let the other team talk about him," he snapped. "I have no comment about him."

Whether there will be any repercussions Thursday remains to be seen.

La Russa is just a miserable piece of shit.

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2008, 08:47:18 AM »
Quote from: RV on September 11, 2008, 08:41:07 AM

Surprise! The Jockey told me that the Genius is shocked and appalled at Ted's despicable actions.

QuotePiniella said Lilly wasn't supposed to run on the grounder by Derrek Lee, but he added it was a clean play. St. Louis manager Tony La Russa said the Cubs "play the game hard," adding "it goes both ways."

But when asked about Lilly's performance, La Russa hedged.

"I'll let the other team talk about him," he snapped. "I have no comment about him."

Whether there will be any repercussions Thursday remains to be seen.

La Russa is just a miserable piece of shit.

I think we should launch a preemptive strike. See if we can thread a baseball through the hole on PLUJOLS' earflap. Or Ludwick's...

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2008, 08:53:37 AM »

I want to know if Z feels threatened that he's not the team's #1 badass any more, and if he intends to do something to reclaim his title?
TIME TO POST!

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2008, 08:54:05 AM »
From Bernie Miklasz's column in the Post-Dispatch:

"And La Russa was perturbed by Lilly's full-contact hit. Which was surprising, because Cardinals are usually applauded for playing hard-shell baseball. But the last thing La Russa needed to see was another wounded player. His team will go down fighting, but the bodies are dropping. And with the injury rate soaring, how can the Cardinals possibly settle into a consistent groove? They're 25-24 since the All-Star break."

Like I've always said, The Genius is a fuckin' hypocrite. He thinks he invented the game and if someone violates the "code" he whines and retaliates. It's OK if his team drills catchers (see Albie in Houston sliding when there was no play), but someone smokes his guy when there actually is a play and he bitches. Screw him.

"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2008, 08:57:02 AM »
Of the few things you can count in life, The Genius being a douchebag is one of them.

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2008, 08:59:55 AM »
Great, let's see him throw at one of our guys' hands and knock him out for the year. That'd be swell.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2008, 09:00:45 AM »
Quote from: Fork on September 11, 2008, 08:53:37 AM

I want to know if Z feels threatened that he's not the team's #1 badass any more, and if he intends to do something to reclaim his title?

Different kinds of badassery involved anyway. To use the lingo of abusive relationships (which is totally inappropriate in context, but I don't care), Z is a Pit Bull and Theodore Roosevelt is a Cobra.

Background literature in support of my insane statement:
QuoteThe cobra is a real snake in the grass, quiet and focused before striking its victim with little or no warning. The pit bull's fury smolders and builds, and once its teeth are sunk into its victim it won't let go...

...Pit bulls, the psychologists say, monitor the [Opposing Player's] every move. They tend to see betrayal at every turn and it infuriates them. And when their anger explodes into violence, they seem to lose control [on meathead catchers].

Cobras, on the other hand, are often sociopaths. They are cold and calculating con artists relatively free of the trappings of emotional dependence but with a high incidence of antisocial and criminal traits and sadistic behavior, the researchers found. Cobras' violence grows out of a pathological need to [earhole bitchass punks], to be the [stopper] and make sure that everyone, especially their [teammates and opposing players], knows it and acts accordingly.

Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2008, 09:17:42 AM »
Quote from: Jon on September 11, 2008, 09:00:45 AM

Different kinds of badassery involved anyway. To use the lingo of abusive relationships (which is totally inappropriate in context, but I don't care), Z is a Pit Bull and Theodore Roosevelt is a Cobra.

But I've never seen Z wearing lipstick.

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2008, 09:21:06 AM »
Quote from: 5laky on September 11, 2008, 08:59:55 AM
Great, let's see him throw at one of our guys' hands and knock him out for the year. That'd be swell.

If they come up and in on one guy tonight Pujols needs to take one in the dome. I know he'll just up his HGH dosage to get back into the line-up quicker but Piniella needs to go right to the nuclear option if LaRussa decides to dust somebody.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2008, 09:24:02 AM »
Quote from: LoneStarCubFan on September 11, 2008, 09:21:06 AM
Quote from: 5laky on September 11, 2008, 08:59:55 AM

If they come up and in on one guy tonight Pujols needs to take one in the dome. I know he'll just up his HGH dosage to get back into the line-up quicker but Piniella needs to go right to the nuclear option if LaRussa decides to dust somebody.

Harden got any history of drilling dudes?
TIME TO POST!

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2008, 09:27:22 AM »
Quote from: RV on September 11, 2008, 09:17:42 AM
Quote from: Jon on September 11, 2008, 09:00:45 AM

But I've never seen Z wearing lipstick.

Sexist.