News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Desipio Rooftop game  ( 112,743 )

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Desipio Rooftop game
« Reply #165 on: April 02, 2008, 01:27:11 PM »
Quote from: Kerm on April 02, 2008, 11:37:40 AM
Quote from: Mike D on April 02, 2008, 11:34:00 AM
Also, was at my cousin's baby's baptism when Kermy met Sally.  Cold as shit in the shade.

I also believe that game was one of the two instances thats season that Corey Patterson was IBB'ed in front of Sosa.  Imagine that.

Both times, Sosa failed to answer the affront to his gladiatorness.

Really?  I thought I remember being in shorts and a t-shirt.  But I've been wrong before.  Ask Mrs. Kerm.

It was love at first sight, seeing the Ribs Kid in his Daisy Dukes.
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.

Uncouth Sloth

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #166 on: April 02, 2008, 01:28:27 PM »
Quote from: BH on April 02, 2008, 11:33:43 AM
Quote from: Mike D on April 02, 2008, 11:31:45 AM
TDubbs I don't really know you, but you're dead to me.

Mike D, I find your avatar offensive.

Those ARE like the biggest moobs ever.  Bigger than mine even

Uncouth Sloth

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #167 on: April 02, 2008, 01:28:57 PM »
Quote from: PTanner on April 02, 2008, 01:27:11 PM
Also, was at my cousin's baby's baptism when Kermy met Sally.  Cold as shit in the shade.

I also believe that game was one of the two instances thats season that Corey Patterson was IBB'ed in front of Sosa.  Imagine that.

Really?  I thought I remember being in shorts and a t-shirt.  But I've been wrong before.  Ask Mrs. Kerm.

It was love at first sight, seeing the Ribs Kid in his Daisy Dukes.

Landry!

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #168 on: April 02, 2008, 02:58:22 PM »

If you were in shorts and a t-shirt Kerm, you were freezing.  I remember the 16 inning game as well, as my wife threw a surprise 35th birthday party for me (at a suite at the park).  Overcast and misty in the 40s if I remember, most of the guests stayed inside.  Sosa's 'big' 47 hop single won that one (but I'm sure Chip said he crushed it), so the IBB backfired on Yosimite Sam.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #169 on: April 02, 2008, 06:27:14 PM »
If Kerm was in the bleachers, it might not have been so bad.  Like I said I remember it being freezing in the shade.  It was also May 30th or May 31st.

Steering the topic back on, well, topic, I suggest that, if we wind up going inside the park as a group, that whomever pledged their appearance for the rooftop get first dibs at what likelywill  be a more finite number of people.

That is, if group sales are even still available.

FIRE EVERYBODY!

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #170 on: April 02, 2008, 07:01:05 PM »
Quote from: Mike D on April 02, 2008, 06:27:14 PM
If Kerm was in the bleachers, it might not have been so bad.  Like I said I remember it being freezing in the shade.  It was also May 30th or May 31st.

Steering the topic back on, well, topic, I suggest that, if we wind up going inside the park as a group, that whomever pledged their appearance for the rooftop get first dibs at what likelywill  be a more finite number of people.

Keep it on a rooftop. That way there's enough room for everybody and you can talk to more people than who you happen to be sitting next to.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #171 on: April 02, 2008, 08:29:21 PM »
Quote from: butthead on April 02, 2008, 07:01:05 PM

Keep it on a rooftop. That way there's enough room for everybody and you can talk to more people than who you happen to be sitting next to.
Who gets to sit between BC and bocaj?
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

smg

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #172 on: April 02, 2008, 08:59:28 PM »
Quote from: Thrillho on April 02, 2008, 10:22:13 AM
Quote from: Chuckosan on April 02, 2008, 10:21:42 AM
Quote from: flannj on April 02, 2008, 09:23:49 AM
I used to bartend (yearrrrs ago) on the other side of Touhy at the restaurant known over time as The Kenilworth Inn / Bones / L. Woods.
L. Woods is still great stuff.  Plank salmon, good ribs and steaks.  Classic Lettuce Entertain U establishment.

Better get a reservation, though.

Seriously.  I live right near there, and I've carried out a few times, but I've not eaten there since I was a kid and it was still Bones, because I never think to get a reservation and that place is always insanely packed.  I don't think it's all that great -- but there is a shocking lack of restaurants anywhere in the immediate vicinity.  Have to go to Lincoln Square or Andersonville to find anywhere worth going.  I would kill for a decent sushi restaurant nearby.  As it is, the best option for sushi is Whole Foods.  (There is a place at Crawford and Touhy that some people like, but it's overpriced and I'm not impressed.)

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #173 on: April 02, 2008, 09:07:02 PM »
Quote from: Chuckosan on April 02, 2008, 10:21:42 AM
Quote from: flannj on April 02, 2008, 09:23:49 AM
I used to bartend (yearrrrs ago) on the other side of Touhy at the restaurant known over time as The Kenilworth Inn / Bones / L. Woods.
L. Woods is still great stuff.  Plank salmon, good ribs and steaks.  Classic Lettuce Entertain U establishment.

Isn't L. Woods the Legally Blonde chick?  I'll take your word on her plank salmon, but she had good ribs and a nice set of steaks.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #174 on: April 02, 2008, 10:19:11 PM »

I was on a rooftop.  What the hell is wrong with you lately?

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #175 on: April 02, 2008, 10:21:43 PM »
Quote from: Kerm on April 02, 2008, 10:19:11 PM

Dude, he's been busy.
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #176 on: April 02, 2008, 10:22:51 PM »
Quote from: Kerm on April 02, 2008, 10:19:11 PM

Too busy laughing at hilarious posts by...I can't even type it.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #177 on: April 02, 2008, 10:26:26 PM »
Quote from: Chuckosan on April 02, 2008, 09:22:05 AM
Quote from: PTanner on April 02, 2008, 09:03:07 AM
I still can't believe someone thought it was a good idea to paint a hotel purple and call it the Purple Hotel.
Well, it was the Hyatt when I was a mere tyke.  We called it the Purple Hyatt.  Then it became the (Purple) Radisson.  Someone finally bought it out, I guess.  It's a slight upgrade in quality from the hotels just south of there along Lincoln near Devon.

Of those, the Heart 'O The City is my favorite as the Wachowski's put it in The Matrix.

Korea Town. Keep a close eye on your odges if you go there.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #178 on: April 02, 2008, 10:35:57 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on April 02, 2008, 10:26:26 PM
I still can't believe someone thought it was a good idea to paint a hotel purple and call it the Purple Hotel.
Well, it was the Hyatt when I was a mere tyke.  We called it the Purple Hyatt.  Then it became the (Purple) Radisson.  Someone finally bought it out, I guess.  It's a slight upgrade in quality from the hotels just south of there along Lincoln near Devon.

Of those, the Heart 'O The City is my favorite as the Wachowski's put it in The Matrix.

Where... Vernon Hills?
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #179 on: April 02, 2008, 10:40:56 PM »
Quote from: Thrillho on April 02, 2008, 10:35:57 PM
Quote from: ~Apex on April 02, 2008, 10:26:26 PM

Where... Vernon Hills?

I saw Eddie Money in Vernon Hills. Not shopping at Hawthorn, mind you. Playing a concert.