News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Desipio Rooftop game  ( 112,748 )

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Desipio Rooftop game
« Reply #540 on: July 01, 2009, 11:30:46 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 01, 2009, 10:00:52 PM
Which of you morans are going?

I was going to pick up a ticket and see that it's sold out already.  WTF?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #541 on: July 02, 2009, 12:36:11 AM »
Quote from: MAD on July 01, 2009, 11:30:46 PM

I was going to pick up a ticket and see that it's sold out already.  WTF?

Well that makes my decision easier.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #542 on: July 02, 2009, 10:44:25 AM »

Raises Hand
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #543 on: July 02, 2009, 12:17:48 PM »
I didn't even see this on Tuesday.  You mean I have to start reading my own message board?

Guh.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #544 on: July 02, 2009, 12:27:18 PM »

The combination of recession + crowded DOOMwagon means this type of deal will come around again.

Keep your eye on groupon.com and something will show up.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #545 on: July 13, 2009, 10:37:14 AM »
Quote from: Fork on July 02, 2009, 12:27:18 PM

The combination of recession + crowded DOOMwagon means this type of deal will come around again.

By the way, last night was a blast, even if the Cubs' last half inning resembled David Duke held up to a mirror. Skybox on Sheffield has good food, good beer, a nice view of the action, accommodating staff. Other than the 65-year-old fatass who threatened to beat the shit out of my friend, it was a great evening. TheHawk was the only other known Intrepid Reader there.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #546 on: July 13, 2009, 11:21:12 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 13, 2009, 10:37:14 AM

By the way, last night was a blast, even if the Cubs' last half inning resembled David Duke held up to a mirror. Skybox on Sheffield has good food, good beer, a nice view of the action, accommodating staff. Other than the 65-year-old fatass who threatened to beat the shit out of my friend, it was a great evening. TheHawk was the only other known Intrepid Reader there.

TheHawk is a belligerent 65-year-old fatass?
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #547 on: July 13, 2009, 11:26:40 AM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on July 13, 2009, 11:21:12 AM

TheHawk is a belligerent 65-year-old fatass?

"I don't have to fight you! I'm 65 years old!"
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #548 on: July 13, 2009, 12:00:38 PM »

TheHawk is a belligerent 65- 41 year-old fatass?

Correcte'd.

I also had a great time.  Although I must have had too much beer there, as I could have sworn I saw Shawn Marshall playing Left Field in the 9th.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #549 on: July 13, 2009, 12:23:29 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on July 13, 2009, 12:00:38 PM

Correcte'd.

I also had a great time.  Although I must have had too much beer there, as I could have sworn I saw Shawn Marshall playing Left Field in the 9th.

If standing there with a glove on his hand qualifies as "playing" left field, then I guess Marshall was playing left field.  Sitting at home, grinding what is left of my teeth, I was hoping that a ball would be hit in his direction, but no such luck.   Reed Johnson, who was positioned somewhere in the left field bleachers stumbled into a cleverly disguised trap of the third out that would have been hit directly to where Marshall had been trying to take root.  Don't get me wrong, it was entertaining as hell, even if Joe Morgan and his sycophants didn't have a clue as to what was going on.  There was a professional symphony orchestra (I can't remember the name) that used to celebrate some holiday, maybe April 1st, by having each of its members playing on instruments other than their specialty.  The result was recognizable, but awful.  I would like to see professional baseball teams do this on the final day of the season in games between teams that are eliminated from contention.  They could call them "Doug Dascenzo games".
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #550 on: July 13, 2009, 12:37:16 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 13, 2009, 12:23:29 PM
Quote from: thehawk on July 13, 2009, 12:00:38 PM

Correcte'd.

If standing there with a glove on his hand qualifies as "playing" left field, then I guess Marshall was playing left field.  Sitting at home, grinding what is left of my teeth, I was hoping that a ball would be hit in his direction, but no such luck.   Reed Johnson, who was positioned somewhere in the left field bleachers stumbled into a cleverly disguised trap of the third out that would have been hit directly to where Marshall had been trying to take root.  Don't get me wrong, it was entertaining as hell, even if Joe Morgan and his sycophants didn't have a clue as to what was going on.  There was a professional symphony orchestra (I can't remember the name) that used to celebrate some holiday, maybe April 1st, by having each of its members playing on instruments other than their specialty.  The result was recognizable, but awful.  I would like to see professional baseball teams do this on the final day of the season in games between teams that are eliminated from contention.  They could call them "Doug Dascenzo  Bert Campaneris games".

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #551 on: July 13, 2009, 12:58:39 PM »
Don't get me wrong, it was entertaining as hell, even if Joe Morgan and his sycophants didn't have a clue as to what was going on.

Joe Morgan having a stress-related on-air aneurysm only added to the entertainment.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #552 on: July 13, 2009, 01:29:50 PM »
Quote from: Tank on July 13, 2009, 12:58:39 PM
Don't get me wrong, it was entertaining as hell, even if Joe Morgan and his sycophants didn't have a clue as to what was going on.

Joe Morgan having a stress-related on-air aneurysm only added to the entertainment.

He must have said "I don't know the rule" on 14 different occasions.  We all know that's usually the case, but I've never heard him so readily admit it.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #553 on: July 13, 2009, 01:37:13 PM »
Quote from: Eli on July 13, 2009, 01:29:50 PM
Quote from: Tank on July 13, 2009, 12:58:39 PM

He must have said "I don't know the rule" on 14 different occasions.  We all know that's usually the case, but I've never heard him so readily admit it.

Even though Morgan & Phillips generally don't know what the hell is going on anyway, this particular situation of cluelessness by these two was very entertaining.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #554 on: March 24, 2010, 08:39:49 AM »
Dudes.  Anyone up for Saturday, April 17th at 12:05 p.m. vs. the Astros for $79?  I think rooftop prices are normally ridiculous, but this is a steal.  I have a feeling we need to buy these, like, NOW.