News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Desipio Rooftop game  ( 112,747 )

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
Re: Desipio Rooftop game
« Reply #555 on: March 24, 2010, 08:40:33 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on March 24, 2010, 08:39:49 AM
Dudes.  Anyone up for Saturday, April 17th at 12:05 p.m. vs. the Astros for $79?  I think rooftop prices are normally ridiculous, but this is a steal.  I have a feeling we need to buy these, like, NOW.

Christ, that game is already sold out.  Well, look at the other ones and let me know.

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #556 on: March 24, 2010, 08:41:25 AM »
TPD.  The Sunday game the next day is still available.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #557 on: March 24, 2010, 08:42:30 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on March 24, 2010, 08:39:49 AM
Dudes.  Anyone up for Saturday, April 17th at 12:05 p.m. vs. the Astros for $79?  I think rooftop prices are normally ridiculous, but this is a steal.  I have a feeling we need to buy these, like, NOW.

Despite it being 40 degrees that day, I'd be game.

EDIT: Guess, I should have checked the next page. Sunday I could probably do

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #558 on: March 24, 2010, 08:45:51 AM »
Opening Day (Monday, April 12th) is also available if you jobless losers want to go.

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #559 on: March 24, 2010, 08:57:55 AM »
I picked up a pair for Opening Day.  If nothing else, The Huebiter will be there with Minnesota Dave.  If it's freezing, the rooftop will actually be a nice luxury.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #560 on: March 24, 2010, 09:00:22 AM »
If I can manage to get fired before then, I'll show up. Otherwise, I should probably go to work.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #561 on: March 24, 2010, 09:01:38 AM »
Quote from: Bort on March 24, 2010, 09:00:22 AM
If I can manage to get fired before then, I'll show up. Otherwise, I should probably go to work.

You went in on Saturday.  You've EARNED this.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #562 on: March 24, 2010, 09:05:57 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on March 24, 2010, 09:01:38 AM
Quote from: Bort on March 24, 2010, 09:00:22 AM

You went in on Saturday.  You've EARNED this.

You make an excellent point.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #563 on: March 24, 2010, 09:07:53 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on March 24, 2010, 08:57:55 AM
I picked up a pair for Opening Day.  If nothing else, The Huebiter will be there with Minnesota Dave.  If it's freezing, the rooftop will actually be a nice luxury.

If Bort doesn't go, I'll take the day off.  Just let me know.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #564 on: March 24, 2010, 09:10:19 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on March 24, 2010, 09:07:53 AM

Odds are I won't be able to afford it, even if I took the day. I'm in the middle of saving for a honeymoon.

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #565 on: March 24, 2010, 09:15:51 AM »
Quote from: Bort on March 24, 2010, 09:10:19 AM

Odds are I won't be able to afford it, even if I took the day. I'm in the middle of saving for a honeymoon.

It's less than the cost of one nice steak dinner on your honeymoon.  Pack some cold cuts.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #566 on: March 24, 2010, 09:25:30 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on March 24, 2010, 09:15:51 AM

It's less than the cost of one nice steak dinner on your honeymoon.  Pack some cold cuts.

Like bologna?

The honeymoon is all-inclusive...

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #567 on: March 24, 2010, 09:28:06 AM »
I picked up a pair for Opening Day.  If nothing else, The Huebiter will be there with Minnesota Dave.  If it's freezing, the rooftop will actually be a nice luxury.

If Bort doesn't go, I'll take the day off.  Just let me know.

One thing I learned, and I don't know if it'd work for you, and I had completely no intention of having this work out for me the way it did...

In 2002 (oddly, the day after I got engaged) we headed out to the park like we had for years before, some of us since '96, others since '98.  We always sat in the bleachers but somehow came up one ticket short for this particular Opener.  I decided to fall on the grenade and told everyone to not worry about it, if I get in late I'll get in, save me a seat and all that.

I badly overestimated the street market, as bleachers weren't just expensive, but they didn't even exist.  I tried waiting it out, but after the game had actually started, I was getting too antsy and decided to say "fuck it" and walked up to the day-of-game tickets spot next door to the Waveland entrance/exit across the street from the firehouse.  I decided to just SRO it and get inside.  The ticket vendor started to get me the SRO I asked for, did a double-take (probably felt pity for the fat grownup by himself wearing a torn Cubs jersey and already drunk) and said "Oh, we've got one a few rows behind home plate."  BAM.  By the third inning I was able to watch Jason Bere serve up meatballs from no more than 125 feet.

So that's my advice.  Wait until the game starts, look pathetic, and try and see if you can get a good ticket at face.  I understand these types of tickets are "family & friends" giveout that go unclaimed.

They're still not free, but it's okay if your honeymoon gets lopped off by a day, right?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #568 on: March 24, 2010, 11:07:42 AM »
Sure, pick the day when I am just about to be getting back to Illinois.

Fuck the cold.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #569 on: March 24, 2010, 11:22:58 AM »
Another tip, keep checking Cubs.com.  Found pretty good tickets today for the Friday afternoon game (4-16) against the sneak attackers (after getting aced out on the rooftops).
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.