News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Has there ever been a worse Bear than Frank Omiyale?  ( 4,480 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Has there ever been a worse Bear than Frank Omiyale?
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2011, 10:17:27 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 11, 2011, 09:01:01 AM
Quote from: Brownie on October 11, 2011, 12:11:45 AM
Quote from: Armchair_QB on October 10, 2011, 10:49:34 PM
Rick Mirer says hi.

Fair enough. But Mirer got how many starts? 6? Omiyale is in his second season of suck

John Allred
Marcus Spears (the O Lineman)
Todd Sauerbrun
Alonzo Mayes

The Wanny All-Stars of Suckitude!

Carlos Huerta!

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 10:44:11 AM »
Quote from: CT III on October 11, 2011, 10:17:27 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 11, 2011, 09:01:01 AM
Quote from: Brownie on October 11, 2011, 12:11:45 AM
Quote from: Armchair_QB on October 10, 2011, 10:49:34 PM
Rick Mirer says hi.

Fair enough. But Mirer got how many starts? 6? Omiyale is in his second season of suck

John Allred
Marcus Spears (the O Lineman)
Todd Sauerbrun
Alonzo Mayes

The Wanny All-Stars of Suckitude!

Carlos Huerta!

John Thierry!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2011, 10:47:01 AM »
No.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 10:49:18 AM »

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2011, 11:22:25 AM »
Stephen Paea?

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2011, 11:32:30 AM »
Gaines Adams?
Muhsin Muhammad?
Orlando Pace?
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2011, 11:36:09 AM »
Jay Cutler?
Roy Williams?
Mike Tice?
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2011, 11:46:13 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on October 11, 2011, 11:32:30 AM
Gaines Adams?
Muhsin Muhammad?
Orlando Pace?

Holy shit I completely forgot about the Chublando Pace era. This thread isn't doing much to improve my Bears outlook from where it was last night, gang.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2011, 11:46:19 AM »
I was going to say how I felt bad for Webb and Omiyale. Reading Webb's tweets before the game, he was genuinely excited to play. Then I think about all the hate he must have had thrown at him and his face when reading his @ replies. Jesus. He's a dude that makes 400k a season and this might be his last season after which he'll be making far, far less money. That is to say he's not "rich" and when people yell at him for sucking and ask for parts of his paycheck it's really sad.

Omiyale makes a lot more than Webb at 1,6 million. But again, I'm not going to decide how I feel about a person because of the money he makes. Even though these guys are terrible at their jobs - they shouldn't be out there in the first place. And so instead of blaming these two guys who are trying to not suck but just can't seem to do it, I will blame the front office.

Shame on you, Jerry. Hiding behind Omiyale and Webb is pretty awful.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2011, 11:52:47 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 11, 2011, 11:46:19 AM
I was going to say how I felt bad for Webb and Omiyale. Reading Webb's tweets before the game, he was genuinely excited to play. Then I think about all the hate he must have had thrown at him and his face when reading his @ replies. Jesus. He's a dude that makes 400k a season and this might be his last season after which he'll be making far, far less money. That is to say he's not "rich" and when people yell at him for sucking and ask for parts of his paycheck it's really sad.

Omiyale makes a lot more than Webb at 1,6 million. But again, I'm not going to decide how I feel about a person because of the money he makes. Even though these guys are terrible at their jobs - they shouldn't be out there in the first place. And so instead of blaming these two guys who are trying to not suck but just can't seem to do it, I will blame the front office.

J'Marcus Webb was bad last night, he's performed well. He made huge strides last year, and I think there might be hope for him yet. If you have a shitty game, that's one thing. As for Omiyale, he might be a great guy, but Angelo/Tice/Martz/Lovie have no business trotting him out on the field ever again. Unless he wants to be Staley the Bear.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2011, 11:54:36 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 11, 2011, 11:52:47 AM

J'Marcus Webb was bad last night, he's performed well. He made huge strides last year, and I think there might be hope for him yet. If you have a shitty game, that's one thing. As for Omiyale, he might be a great guy, but Angelo/Tice/Martz/Lovie have no business trotting him out on the field ever again. Unless he wants to be Staley the Bear.

This. Webb in general has held up better on the left side than anyone could have expected. He's a huge upgrade over, say, Frank Omiyale. But there's no excuse for throwing Omiyale out there after they already benched him in the game against the Panthers. What made them think he'd suddenly step up and play better against one of the best defensive lines in football?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2011, 12:13:29 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 11, 2011, 11:54:36 AM
Quote from: Brownie on October 11, 2011, 11:52:47 AM

This. Webb in general has held up better on the left side than anyone could have expected. He's a huge upgrade over, say, Frank Omiyale. But there's no excuse for throwing Omiyale out there after they already benched him in the game against the Panthers. What made them think he'd suddenly step up and play better against one of the best defensive lines in football?

Two words: Stupid.  Pills.

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2011, 12:48:32 PM »
Adam Archuleta's tenure in the secondary was pretty disgusting.

However, I would probably agree that Omiyale is worse.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2011, 12:58:15 PM »

I wouldn't worry about Jerry doing this.  At this pace, he'll be sacked too.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2011, 01:08:00 PM »

Virg Carter.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16