News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Theo Epstein hatewagon...  ( 11,945 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Theo Epstein hatewagon...
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2011, 04:36:14 PM »
Quote from: Eli on October 14, 2011, 03:23:35 PM
Quote from: Slaky on October 14, 2011, 01:52:48 PM
Quote from: Eli on October 14, 2011, 01:26:51 PM
Quote from: CBStew on October 14, 2011, 12:42:37 PM
"If you think Theo is going to turn this organization around, you wouldn't give up six years of a non-star prospect?'' Law said in an ESPN.com chat on Thursday

Keith Law is one smug, annoying asshole.

Couldn't agree more. But he's right, in this instance.

I don't disagree with the premise of trading prospects for Epstein. I disagree with how he just flippantly dismissed Jackson.

Right - he's a cunt.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2011, 06:50:05 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 14, 2011, 04:36:14 PM
"If you think Theo is going to turn this organization around, you wouldn't give up six years of a non-star prospect?'' Law said in an ESPN.com chat on Thursday

I don't disagree with the premise of trading prospects for Epstein. I disagree with how he just flippantly dismissed Jackson.

Right - he's a cunt.

Can't it be both?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2011, 06:56:14 PM »
Quote from: Bort on October 14, 2011, 06:50:05 PM

Right - he's a cunt.

Can't it be both?

Now who's being naive, Bort?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2011, 07:09:16 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 14, 2011, 06:56:14 PM

Right - he's a cunt.

Can't it be both?

Oh for god's sake...

Bort, Brett Jackson wasn't a stripper.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2011, 07:24:48 PM »
Quote from: CT III on October 14, 2011, 07:09:16 PM
Quote from: PANK! on October 14, 2011, 06:56:14 PM

Right - he's a cunt.

Can't it be both?

Oh for god's sake...

Bort, Brett Jackson wasn't a stripper.

Now who's being naive?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2011, 10:45:07 PM »
"And after one day of negotiating, reports from both Boston and Chicago indicate the two sides are pretty far apart.

The Cubs only want to send money to the Red Sox, while the Red Sox are insistent on receiving back a package of players. The two sides reportedly didn't give much ground Thursday, so it's at a stand-still right now "(Chicago Tribune).

Screw it.  The Red Sox have bid goodbye to Epstein and annointed a new GM.  Epstein should just say that he changed his mind and go back to his desk at Fenway.  If the Rockettes negotiate their way deeper into this mess then they deserve what they get.

If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2011, 12:18:41 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 14, 2011, 10:45:07 PM
"And after one day of negotiating, reports from both Boston and Chicago indicate the two sides are pretty far apart.

The Cubs only want to send money to the Red Sox, while the Red Sox are insistent on receiving back a package of players. The two sides reportedly didn't give much ground Thursday, so it's at a stand-still right now "(Chicago Tribune).

Screw it.  The Red Sox have bid goodbye to Epstein and annointed a new GM.  Epstein should just say that he changed his mind and go back to his desk at Fenway.  If the Rockettes negotiate their way deeper into this mess then they deserve what they get.

http://www.csnchicago.com/baseball-chicago-cubs/news/Red-Sox-playing-hardball-with-Cubs?blockID=577760&feedID=8487

A Dave Kaplan source:

QuoteLarry Lucchino is one of the most unreasonable people I have ever dealt with and because of his frayed relationship with Theo Epstein he is looking to make a point at the expense of Theo's happiness and his desire to go to Chicago. I didn't believe that ownership group for one second when they said that they wouldn't stand in Theo's way if he wanted out of Boston. They are furious that he wants out and they are trying to make a point. Theo helped bring them two World Series titles and they have no loyalty to him and his happiness. They messed with Terry Francona and that was just an incredibly pathetic move and now they are trying to make life very tough for Theo.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2011, 02:03:57 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 15, 2011, 12:18:41 PM

Screw it.  The Red Sox have bid goodbye to Epstein and annointed a new GM.  Epstein should just say that he changed his mind and go back to his desk at Fenway.  If the Rockettes negotiate their way deeper into this mess then they deserve what they get.

http://www.csnchicago.com/baseball-chicago-cubs/news/Red-Sox-playing-hardball-with-Cubs?blockID=577760&feedID=8487

A Dave Kaplan source:

QuoteLarry Lucchino is one of the most unreasonable people I have ever dealt with and because of his frayed relationship with Theo Epstein he is looking to make a point at the expense of Theo's happiness and his desire to go to Chicago. I didn't believe that ownership group for one second when they said that they wouldn't stand in Theo's way if he wanted out of Boston. They are furious that he wants out and they are trying to make a point. Theo helped bring them two World Series titles and they have no loyalty to him and his happiness. They messed with Terry Francona and that was just an incredibly pathetic move and now they are trying to make life very tough for Theo.

Having gone to law school, I am obviously handicapped when I try to understand what is going on.  Epstein is still under contract with Boston.  However, after the 13th amendment, it is very difficult to force someone to work for you, even if he has promised in writing to do so.  Boston may be entitled to damages, but the Cubs don't have a contract with Boston, Epstein does.  Epstein is not in a position to pay off those damages with Cubs' players, and the Cubs don't have to volunteer to bail Epstein out with players.  I think Epstein should go back to Henry and say, "You win.  I'm coming back for my last year and you can continue to pay me AND the person you just hired to replace me."
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2011, 12:12:32 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 15, 2011, 02:03:57 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 15, 2011, 12:18:41 PM

A Dave Kaplan source:

Having gone to law school, I am obviously handicapped when I try to understand what is going on.  Epstein is still under contract with Boston.  However, after the 13th amendment, it is very difficult to force someone to work for you, even if he has promised in writing to do so.  Boston may be entitled to damages, but the Cubs don't have a contract with Boston, Epstein does.  Epstein is not in a position to pay off those damages with Cubs' players, and the Cubs don't have to volunteer to bail Epstein out with players.  I think Epstein should go back to Henry and say, "You win.  I'm coming back for my last year and you can continue to pay me AND the person you just hired to replace me."

I thought baseball got an exemption for the 13th Amendment when they got their antitrust exemption.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16