News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 250,923 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #1095 on: June 01, 2012, 11:27:21 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on June 01, 2012, 11:18:08 PM
If I hear this goddamned yogurt-machine story one more time, I'm just going to start bad-mouthing Hughes in general. I already have my suspicions.

YES. Everyone buy that damn CD so Pat can eat and we never have to hear about it again.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1096 on: June 04, 2012, 09:57:13 AM »
If I hear this goddamned yogurt-machine story one more time, I'm just going to start bad-mouthing Hughes in general. I already have my suspicions.

We call it frogurt.  But it's also cursed.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1097 on: June 04, 2012, 10:48:37 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on June 04, 2012, 09:57:13 AM

We call it frogurt.  But it's also cursed.

That's bad.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1098 on: June 08, 2012, 01:31:13 PM »
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1099 on: June 08, 2012, 07:54:37 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on June 08, 2012, 01:31:13 PM
NPR about to get a little more unlistenable....

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-car-talks-click-and-clack-ends-20120608,0,6435664.story

It was the beginning of the end when Torey Malatia moved it from noon to 9 a.m. Sooner or later, he kills everything he touches. But, really, "live"? The callers are prearranged, and last I heard it was taped on Thursday evenings over 90 minutes and then edited down.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1100 on: June 08, 2012, 08:01:42 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on June 08, 2012, 07:54:37 PM

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-car-talks-click-and-clack-ends-20120608,0,6435664.story

It was the beginning of the end when Torey Malatia moved it from noon to 9 a.m. Sooner or later, he kills everything he touches. But, really, "live"? The callers are prearranged, and last I heard it was taped on Thursday evenings over 90 minutes and then edited down.

I wish I could say I had begun to wonder what had had happened to Wheezer's references to Torey Malatia, but I cannot.  Still, I'm glad to see them again.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1101 on: June 08, 2012, 09:10:53 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 08, 2012, 08:01:42 PM

I wish I could say I had begun to wonder what had had hppened to Wheezer's references to Torey Malatia, but I cannot.  Still, I'm glad to see them again.

Who wants to hear this goddamned cacophony at 9 a.m. on a Saturday? If you think Malatia's chubby little knob-twiddling fingers didn't initiate this trend, you're insane. It was the preface to the calculated, NPR bought-and-paid-for shitting-on of Feldman that resulted from this weasel's briefly having currency thanks to fucking over Gary Covino. Yeah, well now you've got a transmitter tower in Indiana broadcasting shit that nobody but nobody wants to listen to, but which you preposterously try to inseminate Saturday nights with, apparently having just completely given up on radio fecundity, millions of dollars of wasted pledge dollars and goodwill, and the third-largest DMA in the fucking country acting as an outpost for the fucking CBC, you taste-free sack of shit. For G-d's sake, they give away "A Way with Words" for fucking free. You think WILL wouldn't cut you a deal to air Bob McChesney? Why did it take you two years to notice that the PDFs of your crappy program schedule were being unreadably posted with the crop marks intact? The Coast Guard should plow a barge into Navy Pier at its earliest convenience that coincides with the next cucumber-sandwich party.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1102 on: June 08, 2012, 09:28:33 PM »
He's telling the goddamned story again.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1103 on: June 08, 2012, 09:30:12 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on June 08, 2012, 09:10:53 PM

I wish I could say I had begun to wonder what had had hppened to Wheezer's references to Torey Malatia, but I cannot.  Still, I'm glad to see them again.

Who wants to hear this goddamned cacophony at 9 a.m. on a Saturday? If you think Malatia's chubby little knob-twiddling fingers didn't initiate this trend, you're insane. It was the preface to the calculated, NPR bought-and-paid-for shitting-on of Feldman that resulted from this weasel's briefly having currency thanks to fucking over Gary Covino. Yeah, well now you've got a transmitter tower in Indiana broadcasting shit that nobody but nobody wants to listen to, but which you preposterously try to inseminate Saturday nights with, apparently having just completely given up on radio fecundity, millions of dollars of wasted pledge dollars and goodwill, and the third-largest DMA in the fucking country acting as an outpost for the fucking CBC, you taste-free sack of shit. For G-d's sake, they give away "A Way with Words" for fucking free. You think WILL wouldn't cut you a deal to air Bob McChesney? Why did it take you two years to notice that the PDFs of your crappy program schedule were being unreadably posted with the crop marks intact? The Coast Guard should plow a barge into Navy Pier at its earliest convenience that coincides with the next cucumber-sandwich party.

Is there any truth to these rumors about Torey Malatia holding a degree in library science?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1104 on: June 08, 2012, 09:38:59 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 08, 2012, 09:30:12 PM

Is there any truth to these rumors about Torey Malatia holding a degree in library science?

I don't know, but Robert Feder wishes he had Wheezer's insight into Chicago radio.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1105 on: June 08, 2012, 09:41:27 PM »

My complaints with academic librarians are qualitatively different. I think they're trying to do what they're supposed to, just very, very badly by virtue of wholesale and unrealized technological incompetence. Malatia, on the other hand, simply wants access to your pocketbook--the content is nearly irrelevant.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1106 on: June 08, 2012, 09:42:59 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on June 08, 2012, 09:41:27 PM

My complaints with academic librarians are qualitatively different. I think they're trying to do what they're supposed to, just very, very badly by virtue of wholesale and unrealized technological incompetence. Malatia, on the other hand, simply wants access to your pocketbook--the content is nearly irrelevant.

So the constant pledge drives--even in podcasts-- is all because of him and it is also a bad thing?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1107 on: June 08, 2012, 09:47:24 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 08, 2012, 09:42:59 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on June 08, 2012, 09:41:27 PM

So the constant pledge drives--even in podcasts-- is all because of him and it is also a bad thing?

I'm not sure what I've said to give you that idea. In fact, the pledge drives I have found to be an improvement over their normal programming, simply because they have to get some live bodies in the studio. This has tended to be skipped entirely for filler programming, which I take to be a marker of knowing exactly what's going on.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1108 on: June 08, 2012, 10:58:16 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on January 14, 2011, 12:33:31 AM
Quote from: flannj on January 13, 2011, 10:50:10 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on January 13, 2011, 08:43:52 PM
For some reason, Kaplan just pimped this fringe event on a 50-kilowatt station. I predict the usual consequences.

You listen to too much WGN.

But I think we both share a love for Orion.

I would use a fixed-bolt stunner on Orion without a moment's hesitation.

I love every Wheezer post regarding radio.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1109 on: June 08, 2012, 11:18:58 PM »
Once again. Fuck you, Jowls DeRogatis.