News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Please add joyful positive here!!!!  ( 103,583 )

Corn-fed

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Please add joyful positive here!!!!
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2007, 10:45:16 AM »
Quote from: Fork_The_Third on June 30, 2007, 10:40:05 AM
Quote from: Corn-fed on June 30, 2007, 10:39:21 AM
Quote from: Taylor on June 30, 2007, 10:26:35 AM
Quote from: Slaky! on June 30, 2007, 09:49:06 AM
Hope some of you morans can get out there today. Should be a beautiful day for a Cubs win.

Wow. Your positive is back.

I've been upgraded to cautiously optimistic. The starting pitching (except Z) going to shit recently is what's preventing a return of my positive.

Hell of a time for the bullpen to step it up, though.

My hallergies to these f@#$ing fans has returned.

Who own the Cubs?

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2007, 10:46:23 AM »
Quote from: Corn-fed on June 30, 2007, 10:45:16 AM
Quote from: Fork_The_Third on June 30, 2007, 10:40:05 AM
Quote from: Corn-fed on June 30, 2007, 10:39:21 AM
Quote from: Taylor on June 30, 2007, 10:26:35 AM
Quote from: Slaky! on June 30, 2007, 09:49:06 AM
Hope some of you morans can get out there today. Should be a beautiful day for a Cubs win.

Wow. Your positive is back.

I've been upgraded to cautiously optimistic. The starting pitching (except Z) going to shit recently is what's preventing a return of my positive.

Hell of a time for the bullpen to step it up, though.

My hallergies to these f@#$ing fans has returned.

Who own the Cubs?

OWNS.  OWNS.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

Down In Front

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2007, 10:48:41 AM »
Here's another positive--

All year, as part of the intro to the broadcast on the WGN radio side, one of the sound bites used is the grand slam that Barrett hit in the bottom of the 8th inning off of Isringhausen last April.  While it was exciting for me to hear Pat & Ron make that call the first time I heard it this year, it wuickly grew tiresome because...

A)  The Cubs quickly went south after that, screwing the pooch so rapidly that a year ago today they were already cooked and

B)  It was at a time when Barrett was teh ablls with the bat.

Anyway, since that play, nothing better has come around for the producers to drop in for the intro.

I think they've finally found a clip to replace it.
8/8/07:

Dawn of the NEW Positive

SD

• Victim Of The Cubs Crack/Quack Medical Staff
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2007, 02:50:51 PM »
They just played the Pat'n'Ron call on Fox Fux.  Great stuff.

Did anyone else notice that Rob Bowen was standing next to Felix Pie in the celebration pile?

#4 Rob Bowen
#20 Felix Pie

Good times indeed!
Alpha And Omega.  The Beginning And The End.  The First And The Last.

Chuckosan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2007, 03:32:52 PM »
So, at 7-2, is the positive dead again?  That Milwaukee team really was disheartened by the loss yesterday.

Kermit

• Desipio Party Planner
  • Administrator
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2007, 04:17:01 PM »
Quote from: Chuckosan on June 30, 2007, 03:32:52 PM
So, at 7-2, is the positive dead again?  That Milwaukee team really was disheartened by the loss yesterday.

It would help your cause if you didn't seem like you're reveling in it, Chuck.

Even if they lose this one, they just won 7 in a row.  Go get 'em tomorrow, if they can't rally today.
Hire Jim Essian!

Validated JD 08/10/07

Chuckosan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2007, 04:24:39 PM »
Quote from: Kermit on June 30, 2007, 04:17:01 PM

Even if they lose this one, they just won 7 in a row.  Go get 'em tomorrow, if they can't rally today.
Reveling?  More like getting pissed at the cock teasing.  The hooked them up and let them off.

Kermit

• Desipio Party Planner
  • Administrator
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2007, 04:36:51 PM »
Quote from: Chuckosan on June 30, 2007, 04:24:39 PM

Reveling?  More like getting pissed at the cock teasing.  The hooked them up and let them off.

Yes, reveling.  Whether you're doing it intentionally or not, it sure seems like you're rooting against them so you can be "right."  I seriously doubt that's your intention, because I know you're a good fan, but I'm just letting you know how it reads.

Sure, they're getting smoked.  But if they take at least 2 of 3 after winning 7 in a row, I don't see any reason to be upset with them right now.
Hire Jim Essian!

Validated JD 08/10/07

Down In Front

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2007, 04:49:28 PM »

Oh please.  Do you really believe this shit that's crawling out of your mouth, or are you just really craving attention?

You said yourself that 2 out of 3 is a step in the right direction, and losing 2 of 3 means they're phony.  So now you're not even bothering to stick around for the rubber match?  Because they couldn't take a pulled-from-their ass exciting victory and automatically transfer that momentum to today?  Do you really believe that's how it works?  Are you being deliberately reactionary, or can you truly not see that they've simply lost one game, and have a a shot at a 5-1 homestand?

They lose tomorrow, my positive's going out for a drive for a while.  But ripping into this team because their second-year pitcher got skunked by a good-hitting team that didn't crawl into a hole like you or your hand-crafted strawman expected them to is really petulant, Chuck.  Even for you.
8/8/07:

Dawn of the NEW Positive

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2007, 05:04:56 PM »
Quote from: Kermit on June 30, 2007, 04:36:51 PM

Yes, reveling.  Whether you're doing it intentionally or not, it sure seems like you're rooting against them so you can be "right."  I seriously doubt that's your intention, because I know you're a good fan, but I'm just letting you know how it reads.

Sure, they're getting smoked.  But if they take at least 2 of 3 after winning 7 in a row, I don't see any reason to be upset with them right now.

2 out of 3? Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? No! The Cubs just cut the lead to 10-4. They just have to hold the Brewers scoreless for another 3 innings and score 7 15 runs. Hell, they can score that many in the ninth.
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

Down In Front

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2007, 05:06:59 PM »
Quote from: Taylor on June 30, 2007, 05:04:56 PM

2 out of 3? Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? No! The Cubs just cut the lead to 10-4. They just have to hold the Brewers scoreless for another 3 innings and score 7 runs. Hell, they can score that many in the ninth.

Aaaand Craig Counsell with the big FYT(aylor).
8/8/07:

Dawn of the NEW Positive

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2007, 05:12:33 PM »
Quote from: Down In Front on June 30, 2007, 05:06:59 PM
Quote from: Taylor on June 30, 2007, 05:04:56 PM

2 out of 3? Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? No! The Cubs just cut the lead to 10-4. They just have to hold the Brewers scoreless for another 3 innings and score 7 runs. Hell, they can score that many in the ninth.

Aaaand Craig Counsell with the big FYT(aylor).

I just updated it for the Oh!man effect.
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

Kermit

• Desipio Party Planner
  • Administrator
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2007, 05:40:31 PM »
Quote from: Down In Front on June 30, 2007, 04:49:28 PM

Oh please.  Do you really believe this shit that's crawling out of your mouth, or are you just really craving attention?

You said yourself that 2 out of 3 is a step in the right direction, and losing 2 of 3 means they're phony.  So now you're not even bothering to stick around for the rubber match?  Because they couldn't take a pulled-from-their ass exciting victory and automatically transfer that momentum to today?  Do you really believe that's how it works?  Are you being deliberately reactionary, or can you truly not see that they've simply lost one game, and have a a shot at a 5-1 homestand?

They lose tomorrow, my positive's going out for a drive for a while.  But ripping into this team because their second-year pitcher got skunked by a good-hitting team that didn't crawl into a hole like you or your hand-crafted strawman expected them to is really petulant, Chuck.  Even for you.

I'm just impressed that this team has shown that it's actually capable of an extended winning streak.  And if you're going to lose, you might as well go ahead and lose 13-4, or however this one is going to end.  Maybe they'll be tired of rounding the bases tomorrow.
Hire Jim Essian!

Validated JD 08/10/07

DPappy

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2007, 06:36:51 PM »
Quote from: Kermit on June 30, 2007, 05:40:31 PM
Quote from: Down In Front on June 30, 2007, 04:49:28 PM

I'm just impressed that this team has shown that it's actually capable of an extended winning streak.  And if you're going to lose, you might as well go ahead and lose 13-4, or however this one is going to end.  Maybe they'll be tired of rounding the bases tomorrow.

I'm surprised Yost left Sheets out there for 124 pitches in a blow-out.  The Cubs had their second-stringers in by the 6th.
It may be retarded but McCain's No 2 would still choose life for it. Because she's compassionate like that.  ~Apex

Neifilicious

« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2007, 07:14:38 PM »
Deadspin has this video up.  It appears that someone (I can't make out who) rammed their finger into ERam's stink after the homer:

http://deadspin.com/sports/aggressiveness-towards-the-taint/hey-aramis-ramirez-hit-a-home++yeeeeeow-273976.php