News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Phuck you, Philadelphia  ( 4,907 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Phuck you, Philadelphia
« on: August 05, 2007, 01:43:50 PM »
As it stands, the Phillies are phour runs down in the second inning against Milwaukee.  Assuming phor a moment that they don't turn that result around, I'd like to thank the phine city of Philadelphia, the Phillies and their phans, phor putting up such a good phight in Chicago, only to then roll over and have their tummies tickled against the Brewers.

Phuck you.  May you lose another 10,000 games bephore your next victory.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

TJ

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Phuck you, Philadelphia
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 03:01:56 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on August 05, 2007, 01:43:50 PM
As it stands, the Phillies are phour runs down in the second inning against Milwaukee.  Assuming phor a moment that they don't turn that result around, I'd like to thank the phine city of Philadelphia, the Phillies and their phans, phor putting up such a good phight in Chicago, only to then roll over and have their tummies tickled against the Brewers.

Phuck you.  May you lose another 10,000 games bephore your next victory.

Tonker, let me tell you a secret about U.S. history.

There's a reason we moved our capital first to New York, then to a swamp in Maryland and Virginia. George Washington hated cheesesteaks, the Phanatic, the Liberty Bell, Rocky, Mike Schmidt, Ron Jaworski, and Julius Erving. He did like Harry Kalas, but Alexander Hamilton reminded him that you can pull in the Philadelphia radio station from NYC. George and John Adams and Thomas Jefferson so hated Philly, they invented Washington DC, knowing that the Caps, the Bullets (or Wiz) and of course the Redskins would make Philly miserable. I don't think they counted on Villanova-Georgetown, but out founding fathers were very prescient.

Phuck you Philadelphia. Cubs do it themselves.

Hoyas

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 03:17:44 PM »
Please never speak of that 1985 debacle again.  Thank you.

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 04:12:34 PM »
The Phillies just put up phive runs in the 9th to tie it up. God bless you, Phrancisco Cordero.

Edit: rephormatted

Dan

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 04:13:44 PM »
The phillies scored phive in the top of the ninth. Game tied 6-6.
In your phace Milwaukee!
Except for the fact in the Ted Lilly one that you can see the baseball in his hand behind the knife. I don't know about the first one but I'm be very, very surprised if the second picture is an actual ad.

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 04:21:39 PM »
I'm just worried that the Cardinals will use their sweep at the hands of Washington as motivation to go on a tear and take over first place by the end of next week.  It's quite frightening.  It'll be even scarier, if they manage to win a game this month.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

SD

• Victim Of The Cubs Crack/Quack Medical Staff
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 04:31:45 PM »
I'm beginning to wonder what a shitty TJ post looks like?  I bet you it doesn't exist, like Atlantis, or something.

Alpha And Omega.  The Beginning And The End.  The First And The Last.

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 04:54:30 PM »
Two-run double by Wes Helms. 8-6 Phillies in the top of the 11th.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 05:00:57 PM »
The highlight (other than Derrick Turnbow pulling a Sean Marshall and walking a pitcher in the 10th) was that the two-out game tying single was a pretty routine grounder to great-hit, no-field rookie Ryan Braun.  Not only should he have had it, but he so completely whiffed on it that he couldn't even keep in the infield which would have only made it 6-5.

As as I say this he hits what would have been his second homer of the day, but Aaron Rowand just pulled it back into the park for the first out in the 11th.

Jock would have probably charged in behind second base on that one.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2007, 05:06:04 PM »
Jose Mesa's got nothing.

The first out was the homer that Rowand caught.  The second would have been a rocket single except Charlie Manuel had Jimmy Rollins standing right behind the bag and Prince was thrown out.

Then he walked Kevin Mench, and Geoff Jenkins just hit a rope that bounced (on one hop) off "Kevin" Roberson's glove and there are runners at second and third.  Manuel just told Mesa to walk Ponch Estrada to load the bases (putting the winning run on) for gritty little asshole Craig Counsell.

Guh.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2007, 06:53:05 PM »
Quote from: CT II on August 05, 2007, 04:21:39 PM
I'm just worried that the Cardinals will use their sweep at the hands of Washington as motivation to go on a tear and take over first place by the end of next week.  It's quite frightening.  It'll be even scarier, if they manage to win a game this month.

Yes and in the game the Genius got himself thrown out and he batted his pitcher 8th.  This clearly is the turning point and Its Going to Happen to the Cardinals.

Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2007, 06:55:41 PM »
Quote from: ChuckDickens on August 05, 2007, 04:12:34 PM
The Phillies just put up phive runs in the 9th to tie it up. God bless you, Phrancisco Cordero.

Edit: rephormatted

Kermit, rumors that Demphster pitched the bottom of the 9th for Milwaukee were phound to be untrue.

Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

The Paul Popovich Experience

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2007, 07:09:36 PM »
Ryan Braun is an atrocious fielder, maybe the worst 3B in the league. But geezus, can this kid hit. If the Brewers were smart--though they'd never do this--they should trade him this winter with his sky-high value right now to an AL team where he can DH for years. He has "David Ortiz Success" written all over him. Brewers could get a king's ransom for the kid--Santana from Minnesota? Here's an interesting one--if the Yankees lose A-Rod this offseason (preferably to us), they could send Philip Hughes and Joba Chamberlain to Milwaukee for Braun. How frightening would Milwaukee's pitching look with Sheets, Gallardo, Hughes and Chamberlain for the next five years? Yow.

Yes, I'm rambling, but I have serious Ryan Braun Envy, we don't see young hitters this good hit the big leagues every year.

If no one has looked lately, btw, here were Braun's stats going into play today--note he didn't hit the big leagues until late May, so he only has 63 games played and 256 ABs:

BA - 348, OBP - 391, SLG - 652, OPS - 1044, HR - 19, RBI - 52, Hits - 89, SB - 10, Runs - 50.

Umm.....that's awfully damn good. MVP numbers if stretched out to a full season.
RETIRED

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2007, 07:33:02 PM »
I would think turning him into a left fielder is probably a safer first attempt than just trading him.  Besides, when Prince spends the 2009 season recovering from his gastric bypass surgery, Braun can play first.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007, 07:13:33 AM »
After the phreakish phightback phrom last night, I pheel a little phoolish now, phor sure, but there you go.  My phanks (ahem) go to the Phillies for phinally putting up a phight, oph course...

... but the "phuck you" stands.  I really phucking hates me some Philly.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.