News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Jason Hammel Return Postage Paid, Spiral-Sliced Splooge Thread  ( 13,469 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Jason Hammel Return Postage Paid, Spiral-Sliced Splooge Thread
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2016, 08:30:33 PM »
That was beautiful.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2016, 09:23:47 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on April 19, 2016, 08:30:33 PM
That was beautiful.

Tejada spitting toward the mound while he walks back to the dugout is such class.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2016, 10:55:14 PM »
I appreciated both Jason's stellar effort tonight and Joe's decision not to push it with a seventh inning even though his pitch count would have warranted it. Hammel was leaving the ball up a lot those last couple of innings.  Nice to have a manager who is proactive rather than waiting for the shit to hit the fan.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2016, 08:33:59 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 19, 2016, 10:55:14 PM
I appreciated both Jason's stellar effort tonight and Joe's decision not to push it with a seventh inning even though his pitch count would have warranted it. Hammel was leaving the ball up a lot those last couple of innings.  Nice to have a manager who is proactive rather than waiting for the shit to hit the fan.

Also nice to have enough reliable arms in the bullpen so the Cubs never need to have to coax an extra inning out of Hammel or the Quality Start Machinetm.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2016, 08:34:57 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on April 20, 2016, 08:33:59 AM

Also nice to have enough reliable arms in the bullpen so the Cubs never need to have to coax an extra inning out of Hammel or the Quality Start Machinetm.

Yeah, I hope Kyle's on a short leash today, the sweep (and putting the Cardinals a pretty solid 5 games back already) would be very nice, I'd play this one a little tighter than your usual April getaway game. Then you can afford to dick around a bit more against Cincinnati and the Brewers.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2016, 08:35:29 AM »
I appreciated both Jason's stellar effort tonight and Joe's decision not to push it with a seventh inning even though his pitch count would have warranted Warrented it. Hammel was leaving the ball up a lot those last couple of innings.  Nice to have a manager who is proactive rather than waiting for the shit to hit the fan.

*ducks from rasberries*
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2016, 08:36:45 AM »

You should update your handle to Quality Start Machine (with the trademark).  Just a suggestion.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2016, 08:37:01 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 20, 2016, 08:34:57 AM

Yeah, I hope Kyle's on a short leash today, the sweep (and putting the Cardinals a pretty solid 5 games back already) would be very nice, I'd play this one a little tighter than your usual April getaway game. Then you can afford to dick around a bit more against Cincinnati and the Brewers.

Not to mention, you can pretty much chisel 7 or 8 innings from Jake in stone for tomorrow.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2016, 10:43:12 AM »
Twice against the Cardinals now (last night and in the NLDS) he's come up with a big hit as well. 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2016, 04:59:58 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on April 20, 2016, 08:35:29 AM
I appreciated both Jason's stellar effort tonight and Joe's decision not to push it with a seventh inning even though his pitch count would have warranted Warrented it. Hammel was leaving the ball up a lot those last couple of innings.  Nice to have a manager who is proactive rather than waiting for the shit to hit the fan.

*ducks from rasberries*

Is this a terrible Adam Warren joke? I'm legitimately unsure.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2016, 02:22:54 PM »
Goddamn it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2016, 02:54:10 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 19, 2016, 02:22:54 PM
Goddamn it.

They only started one of the three major league hitters in the entire org and this still happened.

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2016, 04:36:58 PM »
Nice to see this wasn't a repeat of last year after another leg injury. I'll take those #'s any day.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2016, 08:44:39 PM »
Jason Hammel has a higher offensive WAR than Miguel Montero.
TIME TO POST!

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2016, 09:24:10 PM »
But that framing and handling ability...this sounds just like last yr with Ross. Never thought I'd rather see Grandpa start over Montero after last yr, but I don't think anyone on this site would disagree with me at this time.