News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Anthony Rizzo DongFest Thread  ( 69,483 )

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Anthony Rizzo DongFest Thread
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2012, 12:48:18 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 03, 2012, 12:44:36 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on July 03, 2012, 12:25:50 PM
Quote from: CT III on July 03, 2012, 12:24:37 PM
Quote from: PANK! on July 03, 2012, 11:41:51 AM
Quote from: CT III on July 03, 2012, 10:40:53 AM
The important thing is that we can spend the rest of the season overanalyzing every little thing he does.

Well, aren't you put out?  Geez.  Isn't that what this place is for?  Just trying to engage in some discourse, no matter how inane.  Or do you prefer this place zip along at 5 posts a day, mostly about the individuals who are posting?

Fine, let's make up our own messageboard award and print up a nice certificate and present it to him.

I'm just saying, this whole thing seems to delving into "let's analyze Jay Cutler's body language on the sidelines" levels of madness already, and he's only played 6 games.

And DA CUBS R 5 AND 1 IN DOSE GAIMS, MY FRENT!!!

Reminds me of that movie where this rookie joins a team and has this special bat that he carved from a tree that was struck by lightening but before that happened he got this girl pregnant except he didn't know it and anyway it is different because this rookie was now an old man but they really are the same because once this rookie starts to play the whole team gets inspired but it is a little different because they didn't let the rookie play right away because the manager was a part owner and he thought that the old rookie was a set up by his evil partner to make the team lose.  See, this is almost like the movie.

...Based on the Novel "Push" by Sapphire.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2012, 12:54:02 PM »
The important thing is that we can spend the rest of the season overanalyzing every little thing he does.

Well, aren't you put out?  Geez.  Isn't that what this place is for?  Just trying to engage in some discourse, no matter how inane.  Or do you prefer this place zip along at 5 posts a day, mostly about the individuals who are posting?

Fine, let's make up our own messageboard award and print up a nice certificate and present it to him.

I'm just saying, this whole thing seems to delving into "let's analyze Jay Cutler's body language on the sidelines" levels of madness already, and he's only played 6 games.

Reminds me of that movie where this rookie joins a team and has this special bat that he carved from a tree that was struck by lightening but before that happened he got this girl pregnant except he didn't know it and anyway it is different because this rookie was now an old man but they really are the same because once this rookie starts to play the whole team gets inspired but it is a little different because they didn't let the rookie play right away because the manager was a part owner and he thought that the old rookie was a set up by his evil partner to make the team lose.  See, this is almost like the movie.

You know what would be an awesome scene in that movie? If the guy were to a long homer at Wrigley.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2012, 12:57:20 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 03, 2012, 12:54:02 PM

You know what would be an awesome scene in that movie? If the guy were to a long homer at Wrigley.

The whole were to?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2012, 01:13:22 PM »

Well, aren't you put out?  Geez.  Isn't that what this place is for?  Just trying to engage in some discourse, no matter how inane.  Or do you prefer this place zip along at 5 posts a day, mostly about the individuals who are posting?

But if we don't write a bunch of stupid shit, how will we ever have anything to write at all?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2012, 03:02:11 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on July 03, 2012, 07:23:31 AM
Quote from: PANK! on July 02, 2012, 10:04:41 PM
Not sure but back on topic for a sec--until now I hadn't actually seen Rizzo's first HR on Saturday.  Kind of sweet that it followed a two-out, opposite field single by Starlin, and way awesome that he nearly hit out on to Sheffield-- a more difficult task than reaching the streets in left-- but I confess to being slightly uncomfortable with his pose/strut.  I mean, I don't mind rooting for a douche if it means a championship, but given a choice, I'd likelike for my guys not to be douches.  Tell me what a prick I'm being.

What in the fucking fuck?

Let's go back to this. Jesus.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2012, 03:42:25 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 03, 2012, 03:02:11 PM
Not sure but back on topic for a sec--until now I hadn't actually seen Rizzo's first HR on Saturday.  Kind of sweet that it followed a two-out, opposite field single by Starlin, and way awesome that he nearly hit out on to Sheffield-- a more difficult task than reaching the streets in left-- but I confess to being slightly uncomfortable with his pose/strut.  I mean, I don't mind rooting for a douche if it means a championship, but given a choice, I'd likelike for my guys not to be douches.  Tell me what a prick I'm being.

I didn't even think the posing was that bad. It was an inside pitch, so he had to turn on it and loft the ball, which sent all of his weight backwards anyway. And he crushed that ball, so why not* admire it for .87 seconds?

* Besides risking the wrath of Huey, who's NOT a meatball.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2012, 04:35:26 PM »

This Bozzo guy needs to straighten up.
M'lady.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2012, 07:07:40 PM »
Quote from: Eli on July 03, 2012, 03:42:25 PM

I didn't even think the posing was that bad. It was an inside pitch, so he had to turn on it and loft the ball, which sent all of his weight backwards anyway. And he crushed that ball, so why not* admire it for .87 seconds?

I meant let's mock Huey for thinking that a guy who might be a fixture for years posed a little on a home run even though he barely did and even if he did who gives a goddamn shit.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2012, 07:21:19 PM »

That certainly bears repeating.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2012, 08:42:41 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 03, 2012, 07:21:19 PM

He's definitely not a meatball.

Meatballs get mad when dem Dominicans or Venezuelans pose after a home run or do somersaults after a save or don't speak English in de postgame. Meatballs also don't care when white guys do stuff like dat cuz dere just lettin off some steam.

Huey's outlook is just the opposite. I for one salute his anti-meatballism.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2012, 12:32:42 PM »
RV GETS IT.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2012, 06:13:49 PM »
Quote from: R-V on July 03, 2012, 08:42:41 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 03, 2012, 07:21:19 PM

He's definitely not a meatball.

Meatballs get mad when dem Dominicans or Venezuelans pose after a home run or do somersaults after a save or don't speak English in de postgame. Meatballs also don't care when white guys do stuff like dat cuz dere just lettin off some steam.

Huey's outlook is just the opposite. I for one salute his anti-meatballism.

He's a high-functioning reverse meatball. NOW SIT THE FUCK DOWN.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2012, 08:27:21 PM »
The dongfest continues.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2012, 08:51:31 PM »
Adam LaRoche can smoke my pimply, clap-infested beef cannon.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2012, 07:41:45 PM »
I didn't really like the towering aspect of that home run.  A line drive would have been much less showy and more efficient.

Also, I wish it had landed about 15 feet to the left.