News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: All Purpose Big Ten Basketball/NCAA Hoop 2009-10 Thread  ( 72,605 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: All Purpose Big Ten Basketball/NCAA Hoop 2009-10 Thread
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2009, 08:29:26 PM »
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

BIG 10 11!!!

I'm 0-3 picking tonight. OFF TO THE POKER GAME!
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2009, 08:34:19 PM »
The comeback doesn't change the fact that the Illini were not prepared for this game. Anyone watching the first half could see it in how poorly the team was handling Clemson's defense. However, in the second half the players stepped up and Weber (To his credit) helped with good coaching decisions. Switching to the zone early in the half took Clemson out of their game offensively, and the timeout he took with under a minute left to set up the eventual Tisdale shot was a smart call.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2009, 09:12:42 PM »
Quote from: BC on December 02, 2009, 08:34:19 PM
The comeback doesn't change the fact that the Illini were not prepared for this game. Anyone watching the first half could see it in how poorly the team was handling Clemson's defense. However, in the second half the players stepped up and Weber (To his credit) helped with good coaching decisions. Switching to the zone early in the half took Clemson out of their game offensively, and the timeout he took with under a minute left to set up the eventual Tisdale shot was a smart call. I gargle big drooping woolly mammoth nuts while slowly tickling the mammoth taint.

Bruce and the gang just squirted it all over you, dummy'd

48-23 game ending run. Sports rule!

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2009, 09:49:23 PM »
Quote from: BC on December 02, 2009, 08:34:19 PM
The comeback doesn't change the fact that the Illini were not prepared for this game. Anyone watching the first half could see it in how poorly the team was handling Clemson's defense. However, in the second half the players stepped up and Weber (To his credit) helped with good coaching decisions. Switching to the zone early in the half took Clemson out of their game offensively, and the timeout he took with under a minute left to set up the eventual Tisdale shot was a smart call.

He didn't set up a play for Tisdale.  One of the blacks drove the lane and just kicked it out to him on the wing. 

p.s.  You are a cocksucker.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2009, 10:18:34 PM »
WIS KON ZIN ! ! !
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2009, 11:11:19 PM »
Way to rush the court, cheesedicks.  Just don't come off looking podunk.  Oops.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2009, 12:59:04 AM »
Fuck. I could of been a millionaire. I did win the poker tourney though. 35 clams to the good!
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2009, 01:08:36 AM »
Quote from: MAD on December 02, 2009, 11:11:19 PM

Those urbane youths cavorted down the street and overturned my bi-cycle!

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2009, 07:05:42 AM »
Great win for Illinois.

Fuck the ACC.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2009, 08:31:53 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on December 02, 2009, 08:20:49 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 02, 2009, 08:20:07 PM
Quote from: C-C-Cats on December 02, 2009, 08:14:24 PM
QuoteRecruiting Excuse #78: This isn't the 1950's?

Gets me every time.

Tisdale would of owned in the 1950s.

SHOWING HIS RIVERTON CLASS WITH THAT ONE-HANDED BLOCK /homecountysplooge

Ichabod Tisdale is awkward as hell on defensive rotations, doesn't have very good hands, and isn't as good of a rebounder as he should be, but I'll be damned if he isn't their go-to guy at the end of games. He's deadly from mid-range.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2009, 08:34:31 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on December 03, 2009, 01:08:36 AM
Quote from: MAD on December 02, 2009, 11:11:19 PM

Those urbane youths cavorted down the street and overturned my bi-cycle!

Indeed, Mortimer.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2009, 08:44:46 AM »
Quote from: R-V on December 03, 2009, 08:31:53 AM

Gets me every time.

Ichabod Tisdale is awkward as hell on defensive rotations, doesn't have very good hands, and isn't as good of a rebounder as he should be, but I'll be damned if he isn't their go-to guy at the end of games. He's deadly from mid-range.

I couldn't believe he was able to pump fake and then have a nice one-dribble drive to get that last layup.  He almost looked like an athlete.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2009, 09:04:00 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on December 03, 2009, 08:44:46 AM

Gets me every time.

I couldn't believe he was able to pump fake and then have a nice one-dribble drive to get that last layup.  He almost looked like an athlete.

He's got a really soft touch around the rim. He's also good at making shots close to the net in basketball games.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: December 03, 2009, 09:06:04 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on December 03, 2009, 09:04:00 AM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on December 03, 2009, 08:44:46 AM

Gets me every time.

He's got a really soft touch around the rim. He's also good at making shots close to the net in basketball games.

HI OH!
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: December 03, 2009, 09:18:07 AM »
Quote from: BC on December 02, 2009, 03:33:31 PM
Backtracking for a moment... Recording phone calls without the other person's consent was legal in Iowa but not in Illinois at the time. The legality of Pearl's actions was at best questionable, although it can't be said to have been definitely illegal because the U.S. Supreme Court has never ruled on competing state laws concerning phone call recordings. There have also been questions about whether or not Pearl edited the tapes before giving them to the NCAA, Thomas has contended that a couple of his comments were made in different phone calls, yet on the tapes are all together as if the comments were made during the same call. Where Illinois REALLY screwed up was hiring Mike Slive to assist the school in the situation. Instead of doing his job, Slive decided Thomas, Henson and Collins had to be lying. Illinois fired Slive, who then went to the NCAA and along with Pearl pushed for the penalties that Illinois eventually received. The NCAA then went along and essentially took what Pearl and Slive presented as gospel while ignoring Thomas/Henson/Collins and overlooking the shoddy work done by their own investigators.

In the end, Illinois should have sued the NCAA to at least make the point that the NCAA's investigation was one-sided and that the penalties were too severe for the alleged actions. It is doubtful that Illinois would have won such a case, but the value of the litigation would have been better PR and a possible straightening out of the record. However, the administration and Mackovic were tired of the situation and didn't want to push the thing to court.

Moving back to tonight's games... I think Illinois falls to Clemson by 10 or 12... Duke blows Wisconsin out... Minnesota and Ohio State will win, leaving Michigan/Boston College as the swing game... I think Michigan wins in a tight one to give the Big Ten their first Challenge win.

I was so fucking wrong about my own desire to know why BC hates Pearl.  I feel like such a Chuck.
Hire Jim Essian!