News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: All Purpose Big Ten Basketball/NCAA Hoop 2009-10 Thread  ( 72,729 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: All Purpose Big Ten Basketball/NCAA Hoop 2009-10 Thread
« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2010, 01:32:34 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 10, 2010, 12:49:14 PM
Quote from: Slack-E on January 10, 2010, 12:47:19 PM
Wisconsin is the St. Louis Cardinals of the Big Ten. Fact.

Unimposing lineup on paper? Check. Raging douchaholic head coach? Check. Annoying tendancy of beating teams they're not supposed to when they're not supposed to that we've seen too many times? Check. Raving mouthbreathing overweight caucasian fanbase? Check. League title this year? First chink in the armor, Ted.

Let me guess, some of your best fiances are Asian.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #136 on: January 10, 2010, 01:40:18 PM »
Apex: Don't count the Penn State game as a lock win for Illinois. PSU throws out junk zone defenses all game and the Illini have struggled mightily to figure them out the last couple years.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: January 10, 2010, 04:12:54 PM »
Quote from: BC on January 10, 2010, 01:40:18 PM
Apex: Don't count the Penn State game as a lock win for Illinois. PSU throws out junk zone defenses all game and the Illini have struggled mightily to figure them out the last couple years.

Okey doke. I'll remember that at the betting window.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: January 10, 2010, 04:44:29 PM »
Quote from: BC on January 10, 2010, 01:40:18 PM

Because their coach is a moron. Right? Right?

I really don't know what to make of this Illinois team. Paul is clearly the more talented of the freshmen, but I don't think he'll fully remove his head from his anus for another year or so. Kind of like how the whole team usually takes 12 minutes or so from the start of the game to remove their heads from their anuses. I've been more impressed with Richardson, he's already got some basketball smarts to complement his talent. Mike Davis is somehow averaging an insignificant double-double - he's been nonexistent offensively for a while now, and throws some lazy-ass passes to boot. McCamey has the same problem of drifting for long periods of time. This team is lucky that Mike Tisdale is the greatest scoring machine this side of the Mississippah. The guy clearly worked his ass off in the offseason - last year he could barely make it through 20 minutes without collapsing from exhaustion, this year he plays the whole game and has been their most consistent player. Here's my bold prediction for the Illini - Davis and Paul could suddenly GET IT, they max out their talent and make a run to the Sweet 16. OR they could sneak into the tourney as a 12 seed and get buttplugged like last year. Let's see how it plays out.

So there you go Apex, now you're not the only moran typing a bunch of words about your team. I have to disagree though when you say Purdue isn't a lock to win the conference. They're fucking good.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #140 on: January 10, 2010, 07:13:51 PM »
Tisdale is mightily improved, but still struggles against power big men. He barely did anything against Gonzaga. It is a little strange having the 7 foot guy as the best foul shooter. Paul was hurt earlier this season during the Mizzou game, I don't know if he is riding the pine because of that or because he doesn't play defense. Mike Davis would put up 20-20 almost every night if he played with any real effort, but he just goes out there and loafs in almost every game. However, he can still put up a 12-10 because he has a nice outside jumper and can jump higher than anyone else for boards.

If gambling were legal and I had some money to burn, if that Illinois/PSU line ends up being closer than Illinois -7 then I would be putting some $ on Penn State.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: January 10, 2010, 07:34:14 PM »
Quote from: BC on January 10, 2010, 07:13:51 PM
Tisdale is mightily improved, but still struggles against power big men. He barely did anything against Gonzaga. It is a little strange having the 7 foot guy as the best foul shooter. Paul was hurt earlier this season during the Mizzou game, I don't know if he is riding the pine because of that or because he doesn't play defense. Mike Davis would put up 20-20 almost every night if he played with any real effort, but he just goes out there and loafs in almost every game. However, he can still put up a 12-10 because he has a nice outside jumper and can jump higher than anyone else for boards.

If gambling were legal and I had some money to burn, if that Illinois/PSU line ends up being closer than Illinois -7 then I would be putting some $ on Penn State.

If only there was a way to place sports bets...oh well.

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: January 10, 2010, 07:36:31 PM »

I love how even your complex dream scenarios are mundane.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: January 10, 2010, 07:38:25 PM »
If only they made soup with chicken and rice and I had an extra two dollars in the ol' coin purse I'd...well, dare to dream.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #144 on: January 10, 2010, 07:40:51 PM »
Sorry, I meant if the line ends up NOT being closer than Illinois -7.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: January 10, 2010, 10:51:37 PM »
Quote from: Pre on January 10, 2010, 07:36:31 PM

I love how even your complex dream scenarios are mundane.

Little-known fact: BC actually inspired the following exchange:

Dwight: Welcome to the Hotel Hell. Check in time now. Check out time is never.
Jim: Does my room have cable?
Dwight: No, and the sheets are made of fire!
Jim: Can I change rooms?
Dwight: No, we're all booked up. Hell convention in town!
Jim: Can I have a late check out?
[pauses]
Dwight: I'll have to talk to the manager.
Jim: You're not the manager...even in your own fantasy?
Dwight: I'm the owner....co-owner. With Satan!
Jim: Okay, just so I understand it...in your wildest fantasy, you are in hell. And you are co-running a bed and breakfast with the devil.
Dwight: But I haven't told you my salary.
Jim: Go.
Dwight: Eighty thousand dollars a year!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: January 11, 2010, 08:18:02 AM »
Quote from: BC on January 10, 2010, 07:40:51 PM
Sorry, I meant if the line ends up NOT being closer than Illinois -7.

Thanks. That clears everything up.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: January 11, 2010, 12:40:18 PM »
Wisconsin F Joe Leuer out indefinitely with a broken wrist. Uh, oh!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=ap-t25-wisconsin-leuerout&prov=ap&type=lgns

This obviously can't be good. But he did hurt that thing early against Purdue, stayed in the game and was pretty much a non-factor. If anything, he hurt them being in there because he was clearly not right - turning it over, tossing up airballs and such. Yet, Wisconsin still handled Purdue on the boards and managed to win despite his limited contribution. That said, Purdue had gameplanned for Leuer and Hughes and shut both of them down. The Badger bench played out of it's mind arse and fended off everything Purdue tried. I'm guessing that the other guys are role players for a reason and gameplanning for them ought to be easier with Leuer gone.

I'm not one to celebrate key injuries to teams I really don't care for and this is just that.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: January 11, 2010, 12:54:36 PM »
My bad. It turns out Leuer was a factor against Purdue as he grabbed 10 boards in the contest. So...

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: January 12, 2010, 08:03:32 PM »
Purdue sucks.

And Evan Turner is really God damn good. Can they hold the NBA draft like, tomorrow? I want that dude out of my life forever.