News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Twins SPLOOGEFEST  ( 58,359 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Twins SPLOOGEFEST
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2009, 09:48:04 AM »
Quote from: BH on September 30, 2009, 09:30:30 AM
Quote from: Fork on September 30, 2009, 09:21:42 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on September 30, 2009, 09:10:31 AM
Quote from: Fork on September 30, 2009, 09:01:16 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on September 30, 2009, 08:59:28 AM
Quote from: Fork on September 30, 2009, 08:38:48 AM
May 4, 1984, the Oakland A's Dave Kingman hit a ball that disappeared through a drainage hole in the Teflon roof. The ball never came down, and Kingman was given a ground-rule double. The next day, the Twins devised a plan in which, before Kingman's first at-bat, a ball would drop from the roof so that Twins first baseman Mickey Hatcher could make the catch. As Kingman stepped into the batter's box, the ball knuckled its way down, bounced and hit Hatcher in the groin, sending him to the turf. "Kingman looked at me and said, 'What's wrong with you?' " says Hatcher, now the LA Angels batting coach.

I have no idea what the point of this story is, but why the hell wasn't Hatcher wearing a cup?

Point of story: Nut shots are always funny.

Re: Hatcher and the cup: Ever been hit in the cup by a baseball travelling at a decent speed? It'll still make you puke, just won't turn your nuts to puree.

No, whenever I see a ball traveling at a decent speed toward my testicles, I use a different part of my body to stop it.

As a catcher/first baseman for a lot of my baseball life, I can say it's not always possible.

When you're a shitty fielder like Mickey Hatcher, even less so.

Did the coach mind that you wore pleated jeans?

I wore denim capris. They look more like baseball pants.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2009, 10:00:07 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on September 30, 2009, 09:26:59 AM
May 4, 1984, the Oakland A's Dave Kingman hit a ball that disappeared through a drainage hole in the Teflon roof. The ball never came down, and Kingman was given a ground-rule double. The next day, the Twins devised a plan in which, before Kingman's first at-bat, a ball would drop from the roof so that Twins first baseman Mickey Hatcher could make the catch. As Kingman stepped into the batter's box, the ball knuckled its way down, bounced and hit Hatcher in the groin, sending him to the turf. "Kingman looked at me and said, 'What's wrong with you?' " says Hatcher, now the LA Angels batting coach.

I have no idea what the point of this story is, but why the hell wasn't Hatcher wearing a cup?

Re: Hatcher and the cup: Ever been hit in the cup by a baseball travelling at a decent speed? It'll still make you puke, just won't turn your nuts to puree.

No, whenever I see a ball traveling at a decent speed toward my testicles, I use a different part of my body to stop it.

As a catcher/first baseman for a lot of my baseball life, I can say it's not always possible.

Being a catcher/firstbaseman for most of my baseball life, I have to agree with Fork.

I've been a first baseman my entire life and have never been hit in the balls.  I guess it helps that I'm good at it.
Hire Jim Essian!

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2009, 10:04:29 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on September 30, 2009, 10:00:07 AM

Being a catcher/firstbaseman for most of my baseball life, I have to agree with Fork.

I've been a first baseman my entire life and have never been hit in the balls.  I guess it helps that I'm good at it.

We get it, you're Hee Seop Choi

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2009, 10:07:45 AM »

Intrepid Reader BNC Fork:
None of you statfaggots know a god damn thing about baseball until you take a two hopper right in the sack. It's the kind of sadistic pleasure only people who actually PLAY the game would know.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2009, 10:51:54 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 30, 2009, 10:07:45 AM

Intrepid Reader BNC Fork:
None of you statfaggots know a god damn thing about baseball until you take a two hopper right in the sack. It's the kind of sadistic pleasure only people who actually PLAY the game would know.

But how long did it take him to rehab his sack?

And how did this compare to Barrett and/or Pie's time spent sidelined by nut pain?
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2009, 10:52:51 AM »

I think you're lying.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2009, 11:13:37 AM »

I don't think I ever took one at first base. But any catcher who says they never took a foul ball off the cup is full of shit.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2009, 11:30:24 AM »
Quote from: CT III on September 30, 2009, 10:52:51 AM

I think you're lying.

Good to see your Ripken-esque streak of being wrong is still intact.  Did I do that right?
Hire Jim Essian!

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2009, 11:44:35 AM »

If you were so good at being hit in the balls it would have happened to you.  Wait, what are you saying?

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2009, 11:55:58 AM »
Can't we have one thread that doesn't end with us digging up a corpse bragging about our amateur sports careers?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2009, 11:59:41 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on September 30, 2009, 11:55:58 AM
Can't we have one thread that doesn't end with us digging up a corpse bragging about our amateur sports careers?

Yes. Let's not relive Thrill's athletic accolades once again.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2009, 12:02:26 PM »
Can't we have one thread that doesn't end with usKerm digging up a corpse bragging about our amateur sports careers having tiny balls?
TIME TO POST!

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2009, 12:06:44 PM »
Quote from: BH on September 30, 2009, 11:59:41 AM

I would think his only accolades would include throwing a football at a funeral procession for a fallen soldier

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2009, 12:09:37 PM »

Have I ever told you about the time we couldn't get into our locker room after a game because the cops were in there chatting with a teammate who had two-handed his stick across the back of an opponent's neck after the whistle?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2009, 12:11:37 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on September 30, 2009, 12:09:37 PM

Have I ever told you about the time we couldn't get into our locker room after a game because the cops were in there chatting with a teammate who had two-handed his stick across the back of an opponent's neck after the whistle?

Why would the art club need a locker room? Was it for the shower bonding?