News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2014 General NFL Thread  ( 28,332 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2014 General NFL Thread
« Reply #150 on: November 07, 2014, 06:40:17 AM »
Quote from: Bort on November 06, 2014, 08:39:52 PM
I'm gonna have to give Slaky a pass, because, for a man, there really isn't much to do during most of labor but sit around. And the first few months of fatherhood for me were spent being up at weird hours, not having anything better to do, and tweeting about bullshit. Hell, none of that Holiday Road crap would've happened if I actually was sleeping normal hours.

There's also the ADD.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #151 on: November 07, 2014, 07:52:31 AM »
Quote from: Bort on November 06, 2014, 10:25:24 PM
Quote from: Eli on November 06, 2014, 10:07:13 PM
I'm gonna have to give Slaky a pass, because, for a man, there really isn't much to do during most of labor but sit around.

Quote from: Slaky on November 06, 2014, 09:33:49 PM
Yep. Literally sitting there waiting.

I find these viewpoints surprising.

Seriously. Ali's water broke at like 2am, and my son wasn't born until 8:54pm. Most of the time in between was spent waiting for her to dilate/efface (they eventually gave up and she had a c-section). There were literally hours where we basically hung out in the delivery room.

Yeah, it's just funny how different things can be -- Julie's water broke a little after 9 p.m. and the baby was out at 2:02 a.m. So, about 4 1/2 hours from sitting on our couch watching TV to holding a baby, which gave us actual sitcommy-throw-things-in-a-bag labor ("Where are the keys?!" "You're holding them!" *laugh track*). I don't think I even found my phone until I needed it to take pictures.

#DesipioBirthStories

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #152 on: November 07, 2014, 08:09:05 AM »
I wasn't even there when SKO was born.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #153 on: November 07, 2014, 08:13:04 AM »
I'm gonna have to give Slaky a pass, because, for a man, there really isn't much to do during most of labor but sit around. And the first few months of fatherhood for me were spent being up at weird hours, not having anything better to do, and tweeting about bullshit. Hell, none of that Holiday Road crap would've happened if I actually was sleeping normal hours.

As for the NFL, I have always been such a borderline football viewer that a combination of a terrible Bears team and absolute human garbage getting away with practically everything they do in this sport has left me not giving a tin shit this year.

I give him a pass, too, but that doesn't mean I don't love ChuckD busting his balls

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #154 on: November 07, 2014, 08:17:20 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on November 07, 2014, 08:13:04 AM

As for the NFL, I have always been such a borderline football viewer that a combination of a terrible Bears team and absolute human garbage getting away with practically everything they do in this sport has left me not giving a tin shit this year.

I give him a pass, too, but that doesn't mean I don't love ChuckD busting his balls

Oh, I'm not criticizing. I'll probably be doing similarly when we have a kid. Just thought it was funny and totally befitting Slak's status as an up-and-coming Vine star.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #155 on: November 07, 2014, 08:26:59 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on November 07, 2014, 08:17:20 AM

Oh, I'm not criticizing. I'll probably be doing similarly when we have a kid. Just thought it was funny and totally befitting Slak's status as an up-and-coming Vine star.

And there was me thinking you were one of those "our dog is our kid" kind of guys.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #156 on: November 07, 2014, 08:42:19 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on November 07, 2014, 08:26:59 AM

And there was me thinking you were one of those "our dog is our kid" kind of guys.

Our dog is our kid. We leave her in the house all day while we live our lives. And when the world turns to soft-serve shit in a couple years she'll be ready to check out leaving only us to suffer as we abandon every semblance of the materialistic life in the 20/21st centuries. Let the world collapse around us. Who cares? I got this all figured out.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #157 on: November 07, 2014, 08:55:18 AM »
First Murton: Pitocin at 8 AM, kid at 4 PM. Lotsa napping by both.

Second Murton: Version at 4 PM (worked), pitocin at 4:30.  Went to grab a sandwich at 5:30. Back at 6:15. At 6:30, OB comes in and says, "Finish quickly." Kid at 7.

Third Murton: Pitocin at 7 AM. Nap from 8 to 9:30. Kid out at 10:15.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #158 on: November 07, 2014, 08:58:56 AM »

Those people truly are the worst.

YOU'RE NOT YOUR DOG'S "FATHER"

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #159 on: November 07, 2014, 09:02:48 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 07, 2014, 08:58:56 AM
Those people truly are the worst.

YOU'RE NOT YOUR DOG'S "FATHER"

Co-signed.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #160 on: November 07, 2014, 09:04:08 AM »

Also, I had somehow assumed this was more of an American culture thing. Apparently not?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #161 on: November 07, 2014, 09:09:39 AM »
Quote from: Eli on November 07, 2014, 09:04:08 AM

Also, I had somehow assumed this was more of an American culture thing. Apparently not?

Unless Tonk is observing all this American behavior on FB.

OTOH I have a cousin in London whose wife shares the same level of zeal that many animal-lovers in the States possess so perhaps it is more global than I first thought.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #162 on: November 07, 2014, 09:20:57 AM »

My dog is my kid (dog-hter?) for now. We'll have an actual kid or two in a few years and then dog will just be my copilot.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #163 on: November 07, 2014, 09:54:02 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 07, 2014, 09:09:39 AM

OTOH I have a cousin in London whose wife shares the same level of zeal that many animal-lovers in the States possess so perhaps it is more global than I first thought.

Ding ding ding!  I'm also friends with some fucking fruit loop who constantly posts about his two young cat kids.  He's called them something cutesy like Gene and Rita, or some shit like that.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #164 on: November 07, 2014, 10:11:58 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on November 07, 2014, 09:54:02 AM
Quote from: PANK! on November 07, 2014, 09:09:39 AM

Ding ding ding!  I'm also friends with some fucking fruit loop who constantly posts about his two young cat kids.  He's called them something cutesy like Gene and Rita, or some shit like that.

SBox'd

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.