News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Score some fucking runs thread  ( 133,655 )

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Score some fucking runs thread
« Reply #390 on: June 29, 2009, 11:13:40 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on June 28, 2009, 09:20:16 PM
It's a lost season. And another closed window. The window will remain closed until it opens again. Which could be next week (after they sweep Pissburgh and take 3 of 4 from Milwaukee), or next year (after Ricketts shows up with a bag of cash), or in 5 years.

Hendry's hands were tied, partly by Zell, partly by himself. Some decisions didn't work out. Ramirez got hurt. Shit happens.

At least they're not the 2006 Cubs. This is more like the 1991 Cubs. Or the 1987 Cubs.

I like where you're going with this.

Hire Jim Essian!

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #391 on: June 29, 2009, 11:35:52 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on June 29, 2009, 11:13:40 AM
Quote from: Brownie on June 28, 2009, 09:20:16 PM
It's a lost season. And another closed window. The window will remain closed until it opens again. Which could be next week (after they sweep Pissburgh and take 3 of 4 from Milwaukee), or next year (after Ricketts shows up with a bag of cash), or in 5 years.

Hendry's hands were tied, partly by Zell, partly by himself. Some decisions didn't work out. Ramirez got hurt. Shit happens.

At least they're not the 2006 Cubs. This is more like the 1991 Cubs. Or the 1987 Cubs.

I like where you're going with this.

After hearing the extended post-game after the Tigers loss Thursday, I was thisclose to calling Kap to agree with the "LOU MUST BE FIRED! DOOOOOOOM!" crowd, only so I could suggest the people's choice to be the replacement.

EVILteddie

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #392 on: July 08, 2009, 04:38:09 PM »
2 7 19 31 33 88

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #393 on: July 08, 2009, 04:55:39 PM »
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #394 on: July 10, 2009, 04:33:00 PM »
I don't care how much Milt Brad is slumping against righties, there's not a planet in the solar system wherein playing that vagina-faced gritball Reed Johnson over Bradley against righties  makes a lick of sense.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #395 on: July 10, 2009, 04:36:11 PM »
Quote from: MAD on July 10, 2009, 04:33:00 PM
I don't care how much Milt Brad is slumping against righties, there's not a planet in the solar system wherein playing that vagina-faced gritball Reed Johnson over Bradley against righties  makes a lick of sense.

Leading off, no less.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #396 on: July 10, 2009, 04:50:02 PM »
Quote from: Slak on July 10, 2009, 04:36:11 PM

Leading off, no less.

Oh-for-five.

I'd say fuck him but he's long sucked against righties.  Fuck Lou for treating our $10 Million Dollar Man like a platoon player.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #397 on: July 10, 2009, 04:59:44 PM »
Quote from: MAD on July 10, 2009, 04:50:02 PM

Leading off, no less.

Oh-for-five.

I'd say fuck him but he's long sucked against righties.  Fuck Lou for treating our $10 Million Dollar Man like a platoon player.

Starting Hoffpauir would've even been more acceptable, batting him 3rd and Fukudome leading off.

Reed is worthless against righties.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #398 on: July 10, 2009, 05:17:15 PM »
Quote from: MAD on July 10, 2009, 04:50:02 PM

Leading off, no less.

Oh-for-five.

I'd say fuck him but he's long sucked against righties.  Fuck Milton for playing Lou for treating our $10 Million Dollar Man like a platoon player.

Kind of hate'd
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #399 on: July 10, 2009, 05:56:47 PM »
I hate this team.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #400 on: July 10, 2009, 05:58:37 PM »
Quote from: BC on July 10, 2009, 05:56:47 PM
I hate this team.

Why do I suddenly feel so optimistic?
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #401 on: July 15, 2009, 11:32:14 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 19, 2009, 10:16:48 AM
Quote from: Andy on June 19, 2009, 10:10:28 AM
I don't for a minute don't believe that North didn't know this whole thing wasn't on the up and up.
Oh, I dunno.  North is pretty stupid.  There's a reasonable probability that he saw a chance to "enhance the North-to-North brand" with something new and noteworthy and there was this guy willing to finance it.  I'd say North not bothering to check out the background of someone pimping his ego is very possible

Then again, I wouldn't put it past North that he's a crook, too.
Bump:

I'm innocent, I tells 'ya!

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?id=34762&ba=1

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #402 on: July 16, 2009, 09:09:51 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 10, 2009, 05:58:37 PM
I hate this team.

It's only May?
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #403 on: July 16, 2009, 11:20:23 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 10, 2009, 05:58:37 PM
I hate this team.

I don't know.  What is in your medicine cabinet? 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #404 on: July 22, 2009, 08:49:33 AM »
First of all, the 11 hits and two runs in 22 innings have just been a pleasure to watch. Not that we should be surprised at this point. 13th in the NL in runs scored, 11th in OPS, and last in average with RISP.

Second of all, while this team clearly needs some hitting, either from the current group of hoopleheads or outside the organization (even for, god forbid, a good right handed hitter), did anyone else think it's whiny of him to be bitching about it in the press? Or has the slapdick offense just put me in a foul mood?

Quote"The only thing I talked about last season was a need for a left- hand bat in a predominantly right-handed lineup who could hit the ball for power and drive in some runs," he said. "You look at our production last year and it was mainly from the right side.

"We didn't bring [ Jim] Edmonds back and Edmonds hit quite a few home runs, so we needed a left-handed bat. That's it. That was what I mentioned, that we could use a nice productive left-hand bat in the middle of our right-handed hitting."

Piniella paused for some time before finishing his thoughts and finally said:

"Look, we still need a left-hand bat who can hit for some power and drive in runs."