News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Jake Arrieta 2017 Salary Drive Sploogefest  ( 71,716 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Jake Arrieta Premature Ejaculation Thread
« Reply #360 on: October 07, 2015, 11:32:08 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 07, 2015, 10:29:23 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 06, 2015, 12:49:18 AM
Quote from: Shooter on October 05, 2015, 07:37:09 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 05, 2015, 07:35:02 PM
DPD. Jake's confidence is already inspiring some choice takes.

Quote from: @Dejan_Kovacevic
Doesn't the statute of limitations on playoff trash-talking expire a century after a franchise's last championship, @JArrieta34? #1908

Amazing it took this long for someone to realize 1908 could be used as an insult, really. Dejan is a pioneer. (It also makes no sense, so there's that.)

Isn't it sort of weird for a beat writer to get involved in something like this?

I thought the same thing.  I'm sure it's happened but I can't think of any right now.  I remember this, but that's it at the moment.

Leaves out the fact that only one team did it on purpose.

Just getting to it now, but Maddon DID NOT LEAVE OUT THE FACT THAT MATT HOLLIDAY was hit in the head. She sucks and has no credibility.

I think she's calling out Carrie for the "misleading" report.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #361 on: October 08, 2015, 10:29:51 AM »
I know it's been mentioned in other threads and I'm sure it was all over Twitter when it happened, but of all the badass shit Jake has done this year, and there's been a ton, that steal of second base is right at the top. 

Just an incredible "Fuck You" to the whole deal.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #362 on: October 08, 2015, 10:31:57 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on October 08, 2015, 10:29:51 AM
I know it's been mentioned in other threads and I'm sure it was all over Twitter when it happened, but of all the badass shit Jake has done this year, and there's been a ton, that steal of second base is right at the top. 

I was so mad Polanco managed to catch that sinking liner by Fowler to end the inning, if that had dropped in for a hit and Jake had scored after they intentionally put him on base in an elimination game I'd have laughed for all eternity.

Really though, what a dumbass decision. All that said to me was they knew, down 4-0, they had no fucking chance anyway. It was a white flag.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #363 on: October 08, 2015, 10:38:15 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 08, 2015, 10:31:57 AM

I was so mad Polanco managed to catch that sinking liner by Fowler to end the inning, if that had dropped in for a hit and Jake had scored after they intentionally put him on base in an elimination game I'd have laughed for all eternity.

Really though, what a dumbass decision. All that said to me was they knew, down 4-0, they had no fucking chance anyway. It was a white flag.

I too was desperate for that ball to get down: instant karma is always fun.  The only possible explanation I can come up with for the whole thing, though, was that they hoped that they might somehow get Arrieta ejected.  Fortunately, the Cubs (and David Ross in particular) were wise to it and weren't having it, as Sean Rodriguez found to his cost.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #364 on: October 08, 2015, 12:31:41 PM »

That really caught me off guard...I didn't expect it at all and it was immaculate.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #365 on: October 08, 2015, 01:57:09 PM »

I couldn't have been any happier if he'd been giving them the finger all the way to second base.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #366 on: October 08, 2015, 09:14:15 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on October 08, 2015, 01:57:09 PM

I couldn't have been any happier if he'd been giving them the finger all the way to second base.

I'm surprised he didn't flip a double bird while moonwalking into second.

I've never seen a Cub with less fucks to give than Jake.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #367 on: October 12, 2015, 02:47:55 AM »
Jake is actually fucking historic.  As is my underpant shortage.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #368 on: October 12, 2015, 08:22:13 AM »
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #369 on: October 18, 2015, 08:15:17 PM »
Jake picked a poor night to become mortal again.
TIME TO POST!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #370 on: October 18, 2015, 08:20:25 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on October 18, 2015, 08:15:17 PM

Coom Dawg just reassured everyone that it has nothing to do with innings pitched.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #371 on: October 18, 2015, 08:22:11 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on October 18, 2015, 08:20:25 PM

Coom Dawg just reassured everyone that it has nothing to do with innings pitched.

I think I'd prefer that he's gassed than any of the other myriad reasons why he might be getting lit.
M'lady.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #372 on: October 18, 2015, 08:28:16 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on October 18, 2015, 08:22:11 PM

I think I'd prefer that he's gassed than any of the other myriad reasons why he might be getting lit.

It's not that he's gassed, he had Gerrit Cole, over-rested syndrome.  Too many balls left up in the first inning, which is a key indicator of too live/over-rested of an arm.

For all the good decisions that Joe has made, not starting Jake on normal rest last night was a mistake.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #373 on: October 18, 2015, 08:31:56 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on October 18, 2015, 08:28:16 PM

It's not that he's gassed, he had Gerrit Cole, over-rested syndrome.  Too many balls left up in the first inning, which is a key indicator of too live/over-rested of an arm.

For all the good decisions that Joe has made, not starting Jake on normal rest last night was a mistake.

Wordswordswords. Does somebody who knows shit from shinola have an opinion?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #374 on: October 18, 2015, 08:39:46 PM »
Quote from: CT III on October 18, 2015, 08:31:56 PM
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on October 18, 2015, 08:28:16 PM

Wordswordswords. Does somebody who knows shit from shinola have an opinion?

CFiHP is a rank supernaturalist.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!