News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME  ( 81,524 )

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME
« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2009, 12:50:00 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on November 16, 2009, 12:32:17 PM
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on November 16, 2009, 12:24:24 PM
Quote from: Weebs on November 16, 2009, 12:07:28 PM
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on November 16, 2009, 11:57:07 AM
Over in PS3 land, I have gotten up to Level 38.  KDR is about 1.45, but my win ratio is about .80.  It is very difficult to win in these games, as most of the people playing right now are focusing on a conservative (i.e. camping) game, rather than pounding the ground and securing objectives.

I expect that to change within a week or so, as the first wave players get closer to the higher ranks.

I did kill a guy with a crate this past weekend, so that was nice.

My KDR is still below 1.00, but since I've changed the sensitivity on the analog, I've been doing significantly better.  I also screwed myself over by trying to get the thermal sight on the .50 cal because you need to get 20 kills with the ACOG sight, which I found nearly impossible with that gun.

I think my win ratio is a lot higher, but I usually only play TDM, and it's with mostly the same group of guys.

I've been an absolute beast with the MPK5 and the M4.  On the former, I have the holo sight and extended mag, with the stopping power pro.  On the M4, I have the holo sight and the FMJ, with stopping power pro.  That is a complete killer, usually one shot to take someone out. 

Some other notes, the sleight of hand pro and lightweight pro are worth obtaining.  They help considerably when you are running and gunning. 

The Stryker is great too.  Good distance for a shotty.

Lately I've been using the TAR21 with Holo Sight and either Silencer or Heartbeat Sensor and Stopping Power Pro.  I like having Slight of Hand Pro, but Bling is a really awesome perk.

My K/D is somewhere just above 2.00.  I usually like playing Headquarters because that's where I'm most effective.  I have several maps that I just love, but there are some where I play super conservative and wont' venture out alone.  I find the care package drop is my most rewarding killstreak.  I have no idea what my win ratio is, though.  I'd imagine it's pretty low; probably below 1.00.

My favorite setup is the M4A1 or the SCAR-H, both with Semtex grenades, holographic site, sleight of hand and stopping power pro.  I've yet to even locate FMJ.  When is it unlocked?  I think I'm only on level 24.  The M4A1 is money, especially with sleight of hand.  I tried going to Bling, but I hate not having the fast reload because I usually have an irrational habit of reloading after every kill.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #166 on: November 16, 2009, 12:52:08 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 16, 2009, 12:50:00 PM
Over in PS3 land, I have gotten up to Level 38.  KDR is about 1.45, but my win ratio is about .80.  It is very difficult to win in these games, as most of the people playing right now are focusing on a conservative (i.e. camping) game, rather than pounding the ground and securing objectives.

I expect that to change within a week or so, as the first wave players get closer to the higher ranks.

My KDR is still below 1.00, but since I've changed the sensitivity on the analog, I've been doing significantly better.  I also screwed myself over by trying to get the thermal sight on the .50 cal because you need to get 20 kills with the ACOG sight, which I found nearly impossible with that gun.

I think my win ratio is a lot higher, but I usually only play TDM, and it's with mostly the same group of guys.

I've been an absolute beast with the MPK5 and the M4.  On the former, I have the holo sight and extended mag, with the stopping power pro.  On the M4, I have the holo sight and the FMJ, with stopping power pro.  That is a complete killer, usually one shot to take someone out. 

Some other notes, the sleight of hand pro and lightweight pro are worth obtaining.  They help considerably when you are running and gunning. 

Lately I've been using the TAR21 with Holo Sight and either Silencer or Heartbeat Sensor and Stopping Power Pro.  I like having Slight of Hand Pro, but Bling is a really awesome perk.

My K/D is somewhere just above 2.00.  I usually like playing Headquarters because that's where I'm most effective.  I have several maps that I just love, but there are some where I play super conservative and wont' venture out alone.  I find the care package drop is my most rewarding killstreak.  I have no idea what my win ratio is, though.  I'd imagine it's pretty low; probably below 1.00.

My favorite setup is the M4A1 or the SCAR-H, both with Semtex grenades, holographic site, sleight of hand and stopping power pro.  I've yet to even locate FMJ.  When is it unlocked?  I think I'm only on level 24.  The M4A1 is money, especially with sleight of hand.  I tried going to Bling, but I hate not having the fast reload because I usually have an irrational habbit of reloading after every kill.

FMJ is unlocked after 300 kills with the weapon.   

Is it Bilbo?

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #167 on: November 16, 2009, 12:54:26 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on November 16, 2009, 12:52:08 PM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 16, 2009, 12:50:00 PM

My K/D is somewhere just above 2.00.  I usually like playing Headquarters because that's where I'm most effective.  I have several maps that I just love, but there are some where I play super conservative and wont' venture out alone.  I find the care package drop is my most rewarding killstreak.  I have no idea what my win ratio is, though.  I'd imagine it's pretty low; probably below 1.00.

My favorite setup is the M4A1 or the SCAR-H, both with Semtex grenades, holographic site, sleight of hand and stopping power pro.  I've yet to even locate FMJ.  When is it unlocked?  I think I'm only on level 24.  The M4A1 is money, especially with sleight of hand.  I tried going to Bling, but I hate not having the fast reload because I usually have an irrational habbit of reloading after every kill.

FMJ is unlocked after 300 kills with the weapon.   

Is it Bilbo?

I love to rail asses.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #168 on: November 16, 2009, 01:08:59 PM »
I'm starting to dislike playing in matches with mostly high-level players.  It seems like a majority of them do nothing but camp.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #169 on: November 16, 2009, 01:23:07 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on November 16, 2009, 01:08:59 PM
I'm starting to dislike playing in matches with mostly high-level players.  It seems like a majority of them do nothing but camp.

Goddamnit, Weebs.  In a thread long, long ago (I think it was the W@W thread) you said all you do is camp.  How's it feel, pussy?

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #170 on: November 16, 2009, 01:32:33 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 16, 2009, 01:23:07 PM

Goddamnit, Weebs.  In a thread long, long ago (I think it was the W@W thread) you said all you do is camp.  How's it feel, pussy?

I said I sniped a lot in that game.  Sniping sometimes equals camping, but I always moved around as much as I could in that.  There's almost no way to move around and snipe in any game, especially Modern Warfare.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #171 on: November 16, 2009, 03:06:03 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on November 16, 2009, 01:32:33 PM

I said I sniped a lot in that game.  Sniping sometimes equals camping, but I always moved around as much as I could in that.  There's almost no way to move around and snipe in any game, especially Modern Warfare.

If you think getting FMJ takes a while, wait until you try to get the extended magazine.  For those scoring at home, that's 40 kills through walls or other barricades.  Guh.

I've found that sleight of hand works well with the LMGs, mostly.  I really don't feel a need for it in any of the other gun classes, and I reload after each kill or after most shots.  I guess I find having two attachments versus a marginally faster reload time to be more effective in my game.

And yes, the campers are becoming annoying, especially now with the silenced sniper rifles.  I feel like I have to check every single corner when I'm running, because I think that there is a guy hiding in every nook and crany. 

PS - Does anyone else find the AC130 gunship hard to use?  I can't seem to get ahold of how to use that effectively.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #172 on: November 16, 2009, 03:11:55 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on November 16, 2009, 03:06:03 PM

If you think getting FMJ takes a while, wait until you try to get the extended magazine.  For those scoring at home, that's 40 kills through walls or other barricades.  Guh.

I've found that sleight of hand works well with the LMGs, mostly.  I really don't feel a need for it in any of the other gun classes, and I reload after each kill or after most shots.  I guess I find having two attachments versus a marginally faster reload time to be more effective in my game.

And yes, the campers are becoming annoying, especially now with the silenced sniper rifles.  I feel like I have to check every single corner when I'm running, because I think that there is a guy hiding in every nook and crany. 

PS - Does anyone else find the AC130 gunship hard to use?  I can't seem to get ahold of how to use that effectively.

I've found that it's been pretty easy to use. At estate, I think I got 10 kills with it.

Just use the 2nd gun. If you want you can switch from the big, to the middle, to the small and just cycle but if you time it right you can use the middle one over and over and just wipe the team out.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #173 on: November 16, 2009, 03:55:53 PM »

I didn't find it difficult, I just couldn't do much with it.  What's really awesomesteaktitties is the chopper gunner.  That's where you really rack up some kills.  To me, that's the one that can get you to 25 if you can manage to stay alive while you're manning the gun.

As far as Bling goes, I'll probably use it if I ever play hardcore.  But, in regular core and playing a lot of HQ where there could wave after wave of enemies coming at me, I like the quick reload.  The holographic sight is all I need.

ETA:  I realized I don't have your tag, Gil.  If you want to give it out, send me an IM.  If not, cool.  Yeti and I manage to get in a game at least once a week.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #174 on: November 16, 2009, 04:00:37 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 16, 2009, 03:55:53 PM

I didn't find it difficult, I just couldn't do much with it.  What's really awesomesteaktitties is the chopper gunner.  That's where you really rack up some kills.  To me, that's the one that can get you to 25 if you can manage to stay alive while you're manning the gun.

As far as Bling goes, I'll probably use it if I ever play hardcore.  But, in regular core and playing a lot of HQ where there could wave after wave of enemies coming at me, I like the quick reload.  The holographic sight is all I need.

ETA:  I realized I don't have your tag, Gil.  If you want to give it out, send me an IM.  If not, cool.  Yeti and I manage to get in a game at least once a week.

From what I've gathered, your kills while using a killstreak award don't get added to your current streak. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't seen it work that way yet, and I've got a care package @4, got an AC130, used it for many kills, didn't die while on the ground, and I don't recall seeing my Emergency drop available.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #175 on: November 16, 2009, 04:00:51 PM »

That's because he's on the PS3.  GEEZ!
Hire Jim Essian!

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #176 on: November 16, 2009, 04:02:45 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on November 16, 2009, 04:00:51 PM

D'oh!  Sorry, Gil.

Come to think of it, Yeti might be right.  I've noticed the same thing.  I have the sentry gun as one of my killstreak perks.  It usually racks up kills, and it certainly would get me to my next streak, but I would never get the bonus.  Interesting.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #177 on: November 16, 2009, 04:10:24 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 16, 2009, 04:02:45 PM
I'm starting to dislike playing in matches with mostly high-level players.  It seems like a majority of them do nothing but camp.

Goddamnit, Weebs.  In a thread long, long ago (I think it was the W@W thread) you said all you do is camp.  How's it feel, pussy?

I said I sniped a lot in that game.  Sniping sometimes equals camping, but I always moved around as much as I could in that.  There's almost no way to move around and snipe in any game, especially Modern Warfare.

If you think getting FMJ takes a while, wait until you try to get the extended magazine.  For those scoring at home, that's 40 kills through walls or other barricades.  Guh.

I've found that sleight of hand works well with the LMGs, mostly.  I really don't feel a need for it in any of the other gun classes, and I reload after each kill or after most shots.  I guess I find having two attachments versus a marginally faster reload time to be more effective in my game.

And yes, the campers are becoming annoying, especially now with the silenced sniper rifles.  I feel like I have to check every single corner when I'm running, because I think that there is a guy hiding in every nook and crany.  

PS - Does anyone else find the AC130 gunship hard to use?  I can't seem to get ahold of how to use that effectively.

I didn't find it difficult, I just couldn't do much with it.  What's really awesomesteaktitties is the chopper gunner.  That's where you really rack up some kills.  To me, that's the one that can get you to 25 if you can manage to stay alive while you're manning the gun.

As far as Bling goes, I'll probably use it if I ever play hardcore.  But, in regular core and playing a lot of HQ where there could wave after wave of enemies coming at me, I like the quick reload.  The holographic sight is all I need.

ETA:  I realized I don't have your tag, Gil.  If you want to give it out, send me an IM.  If not, cool.  Yeti and I manage to get in a game at least once a week.

That's because he's on the PS3.  GEEZ!

D'oh!  Sorry, Gil.

Come to think of it, Yeti might be right.  I've noticed the same thing.  I have the sentry gun as one of my killstreak perks.  It usually racks up kills, and it certainly would get me to my next streak, but I would never get the bonus.  Interesting.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the question, I'm pretty sure kill streak perks add to your current streak.  I had streaks of 3, 5, and 7 set originally.  I got to 5 kills, used my Predator Missle, killed two with that, and it got me my Harrier Strike at 7.  I just know you can't cycle back through your streaks.  So if you get to the chopper at 11, unless you have a streak higher than 11 set, you won't get any more perks until you die.

On another note, I was just playing TDM a bit, and I've started to really like using the M4 Bling with ACOG and Heartbeat Sensor.  I might switch to Cold Blooded at some point too, because the sensor seems to really let me get the jump on guys, and it has a fairly decent range of where it detects enemies, so I can get some long distance kills with the ACOG sight.

ETA: Looking at Yeti's latest post, I'm guessing you guys mean a kill streak perk you get before you die won't give you a new streak after you respawn?

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #178 on: November 16, 2009, 04:11:36 PM »

D'oh!  Sorry, Gil.

Come to think of it, Yeti might be right.  I've noticed the same thing.  I have the sentry gun as one of my killstreak perks.  It usually racks up kills, and it certainly would get me to my next streak, but I would never get the bonus.  Interesting.

I think it's a good way to even things out so average players like myself can't get nukes easily. Also, it prevents stuff like I used to do in the old game (MW1 and WaW) where I'd get the 7 kill award (dogs or heli) and wait til I die to use it to start a new streak on the next spawn.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #179 on: November 16, 2009, 04:14:27 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on November 16, 2009, 04:11:36 PM

D'oh!  Sorry, Gil.

I think it's a good way to even things out so average players like myself can't get nukes easily. Also, it prevents stuff like I used to do in the old game (MW1 and WaW) where I'd get the 7 kill award (dogs or heli) and wait til I die to use it to start a new streak on the next spawn.

Good Lord, I'm dumb.  I never thought of that before.