News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME  ( 81,525 )

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME
« Reply #270 on: December 04, 2009, 08:21:16 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on December 04, 2009, 08:12:28 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 04, 2009, 07:42:48 AM
The Javelin glitch is gay.  People just do this to piss other people off, right?  I mean, that's got to be the only enoyment out of it for them.

IAN and I were in a match last night in Scrapyard (Playing Headquarters) and some faggot who used that thing went 72-68. I know the guy's K/D wasn't phenomenal (1.06) but it pissed me off to kill someone and get blown up by him. Also, there were times were I was a good "50 feet" from him and still got killed by the explosion. I took the strategy once of trying to not kill him when he came at me (we actually chased each other around a vehicle for a few seconds) but I found out that he can still knife when he's doing that. I'd like to see that thing fixed.

I've heard they're working on a patch and that Microsoft is banning people from XBOX Live for a day if they find out who's using the glitch.  I don't think they need to go that far...it's just a video game.  Instead of banning, we should be able to punch them in the face one good time.  The patch should be enough.  Maybe the banning is to tide everyone over until the patch makes it to distribution.

Anyway, that fag went 72-68.  I went 54-23.  I would say half my deaths were attributable to that cockbag being within about a 50' radius of me shooting him.  The Javelin is a powerful weapon, so I imagine the splash radius on it is pretty accurate.  I just can't stand getting into a game, knowing I just want to have a little fun with the mere hour I have to play, and it be sucked dry by some douche who cheats at a video game. 
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #271 on: December 04, 2009, 08:44:30 AM »
The Javelin glitch is gay.  People just do this to piss other people off, right?  I mean, that's got to be the only enoyment out of it for them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griefer

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #272 on: December 04, 2009, 09:18:31 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 04, 2009, 08:21:16 AM
Quote from: IrishYeti on December 04, 2009, 08:12:28 AM
The Javelin glitch is gay.  People just do this to piss other people off, right?  I mean, that's got to be the only enoyment out of it for them.

IAN and I were in a match last night in Scrapyard (Playing Headquarters) and some faggot who used that thing went 72-68. I know the guy's K/D wasn't phenomenal (1.06) but it pissed me off to kill someone and get blown up by him. Also, there were times were I was a good "50 feet" from him and still got killed by the explosion. I took the strategy once of trying to not kill him when he came at me (we actually chased each other around a vehicle for a few seconds) but I found out that he can still knife when he's doing that. I'd like to see that thing fixed.

I've heard they're working on a patch and that Microsoft is banning people from XBOX Live for a day if they find out who's using the glitch.  I don't think they need to go that far...it's just a video game.  Instead of banning, we should be able to punch them in the face one good time.  The patch should be enough.  Maybe the banning is to tide everyone over until the patch makes it to distribution.

Anyway, that fag went 72-68.  I went 54-23.  I would say half my deaths were attributable to that cockbag being within about a 50' radius of me shooting him.  The Javelin is a powerful weapon, so I imagine the splash radius on it is pretty accurate.  I just can't stand getting into a game, knowing I just want to have a little fun with the mere hour I have to play, and it be sucked dry by some douche who cheats at a video game.  

Where'd you hear that?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #273 on: December 04, 2009, 09:21:04 AM »
Question - how can you tell if this is going on in your games? Last night we played a few matches and in one of them there were just explosions galore. Non stop. My team would respawn and immediately get blown up again.

Is it fair to say that the glitch was being used in that match?

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #274 on: December 04, 2009, 09:24:46 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on December 04, 2009, 09:21:04 AM
Question - how can you tell if this is going on in your games? Last night we played a few matches and in one of them there were just explosions galore. Non stop. My team would respawn and immediately get blown up again.

That sounds about right. If it indicates that you guys were getting killed via the Javelin, then yes that was probably what was going on.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #275 on: December 04, 2009, 09:30:35 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on December 04, 2009, 08:44:30 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griefer

This is a long read, but I found it pretty interesting.  A guy basically trolled and griefed his way through City of Heroes and found some interesting social results.  He played within the rules of the game, but he found there were unwritten rules in the MMORPG world that he was expected to follow, or be forced to face ostracism and abuse.

Print it out and take it to the shitter with you.
Hire Jim Essian!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #276 on: December 04, 2009, 09:34:55 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on December 04, 2009, 09:24:46 AM

That sounds about right. If it indicates that you guys were getting killed via the Javelin, then yes that was probably what was going on.

It was easily the worst experience I've had with the game yet.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #277 on: December 04, 2009, 09:46:01 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on December 04, 2009, 09:34:55 AM

Slak, a lot of people use it and just shoot it at random locations on the map.  For some reason, the Javelin locks on to something and the other players just let it land randomly.  That could be it as well as the glitch.  It's annoying as fuck.

I just read about another glitch:  if you have Marathon and Lightweight as your perks and you take out the care package grenade, you run twice as fast as normal.  Weird.  Who figures this stuff out?

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #278 on: December 04, 2009, 11:20:40 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 04, 2009, 09:46:01 AM

Slak, a lot of people use it and just shoot it at random locations on the map.  For some reason, the Javelin locks on to something and the other players just let it land randomly.  That could be it as well as the glitch.  It's annoying as fuck.

I just read about another glitch:  if you have Marathon and Lightweight as your perks and you take out the care package grenade, you run twice as fast as normal.  Weird.  Who figures this stuff out?

Que?

I got to level 61 last night and began to use the F2000.  That is an impressive weapon.  44-21 in the first game with it, 37-9 in the second.  Also, the TMP machine pistol is an amazing weapon.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #279 on: December 04, 2009, 11:57:51 AM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on December 04, 2009, 11:20:40 AM

Que?

I got to level 61 last night and began to use the F2000.  That is an impressive weapon.  44-21 in the first game with it, 37-9 in the second.  Also, the TMP machine pistol is an amazing weapon.

When you are ready for your care package, you have to toss a red smoke grenade to signal the helicopter where to drop it.  If you take out this grenade while having the two perks I mentioned, supposedly you run really fast.  Faster than any of the perks allow you to.

I've heard that the ACR is getting a lot of love.  Personally, I'm in love with the M16 right now.  I've picked up a few ACRs here and there (I haven't unlocked it yet), and it's pretty good.  Great accuracy, but low on damage.  I have the Raffica set as my secondary.  I love it.  I love railing asses.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #280 on: December 04, 2009, 12:08:36 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 04, 2009, 11:57:51 AM

Que?

When you are ready for your care package, you have to toss a red smoke grenade to signal the helicopter where to drop it.  If you take out this grenade while having the two perks I mentioned, supposedly you run really fast.  Faster than any of the perks allow you to.

I've heard that the ACR is getting a lot of love.  Personally, I'm in love with the M16 right now.  I've picked up a few ACRs here and there (I haven't unlocked it yet), and it's pretty good.  Great accuracy, but low on damage.  I have the Raffica set as my secondary.  I love it.  I love railing asses.

I also saw some people using Lightweight, Marathon, and Commando with the M9 Tactical Knife (makes melees faster).  They'd just run around all day an knife the fuck out of people. I actually copied that idea when I went to master lightweight. It helped me get lightweight pro and I completed the Commando challenge really easily with this. Now that I finished Cold-Blooded, I am just going to work on weapons. The only perks I haven't gotten the pro class on are SitRep and Last Stand. SitRep seems like it would take too long (destroy 120 pieces of enemy equipment) and Last Stand isn't my style. So, I'm just working on getting 300+ kills with all the Assault Rifles and then I'll work on getting the FMJ mastery done. I might prestige by then though, so it'll be moot as I'm at level 66 right now.

Also, I think the FAL is underrated. Have that thing with Stopping Power and it seems like it's 2-3 shots to kill someone. It's accurate as fuck.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #281 on: December 04, 2009, 12:12:27 PM »

Que?

Ok, now I understand about the smoke grenade.  It didn't make sense to me when I first read it.

The ACR is great.  Compensate it with Stopping Power and you more than make up for its lack of power, at least compared to the M16.  I'm telling you though, once you get around to Level 60, do yourself a favor and at least try the F2000 on your standard assault class.  It is tremendous.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #282 on: December 04, 2009, 12:18:52 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on December 04, 2009, 12:08:36 PM

Que?

I also saw some people using Lightweight, Marathon, and Commando with the M9 Tactical Knife (makes melees faster).  They'd just run around all day an knife the fuck out of people. I actually copied that idea when I went to master lightweight. It helped me get lightweight pro and I completed the Commando challenge really easily with this. Now that I finished Cold-Blooded, I am just going to work on weapons. The only perks I haven't gotten the pro class on are SitRep and Last Stand. SitRep seems like it would take too long (destroy 120 pieces of enemy equipment) and Last Stand isn't my style. So, I'm just working on getting 300+ kills with all the Assault Rifles and then I'll work on getting the FMJ mastery done. I might prestige by then though, so it'll be moot as I'm at level 66 right now.

Also, I think the FAL is underrated. Have that thing with Stopping Power and it seems like it's 2-3 shots to kill someone. It's accurate as fuck.

Commando extends the range of your knife, right?  It doesn't give one a new knife, does it?  Ditto on the SitRep and Last Stand; I'll never use those.

The FAL is the single-shot gun, right?  I've used it once or twice, after having picked it up on the battlefield.  It's a decent weapon, but it makes me wish I had an auto-trigger, though.

Also, here's a question for Cold-Blooded, which launcher is the best?  I've started using the AT4-HS, seeing as it can vehicle lock and free fire.  However, one has to listen closely to make sure its locked on.

Finally, what benefits, if any, are you noticing from using the Cold Blooded pro perk?

I'll hang up and wait for my answers.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #283 on: December 04, 2009, 12:33:55 PM »
Am I understanding this correctly?  You can blow up the care package smoke grenade?
Hire Jim Essian!

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #284 on: December 04, 2009, 12:49:43 PM »
Gil,
Yes, it extends the range.

The FAL is the single shot. I'm usually better with automatic rifles (I hated the G3 and M14 in the first one) but I like this FAL, plus the way it reloads is kind of cool.

I like the Javelin the most. It targets aircraft really easily. Also, it can be used on enemies. Like IAN said earlier, you can target a building in the distance and it'll come crashing down, sometimes giving you 2-3 kills.

As far as Cold-blooded pro, I have yet to use it (I just got pro last night and switched to mastering the weapons). I'll do a couple tests of what it can do tonight. One thing that comes to mind is to lie down in a grassy spot near the middle (Overpass comes to mind) and use a silenced weapon to take people out. When they come to find you, they won't see you right away and you can probably take them out again