News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME  ( 81,525 )

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME
« Reply #345 on: December 09, 2009, 01:54:34 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 09, 2009, 01:32:18 PM
Quote from: Yeti on December 09, 2009, 01:01:33 PM
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on December 09, 2009, 12:44:27 PM
Quote from: Yeti on December 09, 2009, 11:32:15 AM
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on December 09, 2009, 11:29:14 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 09, 2009, 09:18:57 AM
Quote from: Yeti on December 09, 2009, 08:25:38 AM
I prestiged on Monday night and I found out that there are more challenges after you prestige. First off, there is a whole "Prestige" challenge section that has killstreak awards along with Stun Kill, Flash Kill, and Silencer Kill awards. The Killstreak ones aren't "Call in 10 AC130s" like the actual Killstreak category. It's more like "Spectre I = 50 kills with the AC130". I like this because I like to complete challenges, but I've found that using the Predator Missile is very effective. However, for the Killstreak category, it stops giving awards after 5 predator missile strikes. This way, it looks like you'll keep getting awards.

The other thing I've noticed that they changed was the weapons. They added a "Veteran" and a "Master" challenge. For most of them, the Veteran I says "Get 1000 kills with this weapon". It says it opens a new title. The Master says "Get 250 headshots with this weapon" and ditto on the title. For the launchers, I noticed it said (for the Thumper, so I'm assuming the AT130 (If that's the name), Javelin, and RPG are the same) that the Veteran is "500 Kills" and the Master is "250 kills".

I'm unsure of any other additions, like to some of the other categories (Humiliation, Intimidation, etc), but I'm pretty happy that they added this in there.

That's actually decent incentive to prestige.  I'm not huge on doing the gun challenges because I'm not that good with a gun I hate.  So, you'll never see me with a shitty LMG or SMG.  (The only LMG worth a damn is the AUG HBAR with the foregrip.  Tit steaks, that one.)

Eh, still no for me.  I like what I have right now and would like to finish off the existing challenges before starting something new.  I might use one of my alternate names and use that to prestige, but for my main name I'm sticking with Level 70.

a wha? Multiple names? Don't you have to level up to 70 each time though?

I have two other names on the PS Network.  But yes, I would still have to work through the levels to prestige with them, but I like the comfort of having my guns and classes still present.

It's like a security blanket.

That's cool. I guess it is possible to do that since the PSN doesn't cost any money. As far as my endeavors on the PS3, I'll probably prestige once to get the extra challenges and that's it.

Wow.  Video game security blankets.

All this talk of leveling up to 70 on multiple names is almost making me look like a Chad by comparison.  I still haven't played MW2 in like three weeks.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #346 on: December 09, 2009, 02:48:14 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on December 09, 2009, 01:54:34 PM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 09, 2009, 01:32:18 PM
Quote from: Yeti on December 09, 2009, 01:01:33 PM
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on December 09, 2009, 12:44:27 PM
Quote from: Yeti on December 09, 2009, 11:32:15 AM
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on December 09, 2009, 11:29:14 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 09, 2009, 09:18:57 AM
Quote from: Yeti on December 09, 2009, 08:25:38 AM
I prestiged on Monday night and I found out that there are more challenges after you prestige. First off, there is a whole "Prestige" challenge section that has killstreak awards along with Stun Kill, Flash Kill, and Silencer Kill awards. The Killstreak ones aren't "Call in 10 AC130s" like the actual Killstreak category. It's more like "Spectre I = 50 kills with the AC130". I like this because I like to complete challenges, but I've found that using the Predator Missile is very effective. However, for the Killstreak category, it stops giving awards after 5 predator missile strikes. This way, it looks like you'll keep getting awards.

The other thing I've noticed that they changed was the weapons. They added a "Veteran" and a "Master" challenge. For most of them, the Veteran I says "Get 1000 kills with this weapon". It says it opens a new title. The Master says "Get 250 headshots with this weapon" and ditto on the title. For the launchers, I noticed it said (for the Thumper, so I'm assuming the AT130 (If that's the name), Javelin, and RPG are the same) that the Veteran is "500 Kills" and the Master is "250 kills".

I'm unsure of any other additions, like to some of the other categories (Humiliation, Intimidation, etc), but I'm pretty happy that they added this in there.

That's actually decent incentive to prestige.  I'm not huge on doing the gun challenges because I'm not that good with a gun I hate.  So, you'll never see me with a shitty LMG or SMG.  (The only LMG worth a damn is the AUG HBAR with the foregrip.  Tit steaks, that one.)

Eh, still no for me.  I like what I have right now and would like to finish off the existing challenges before starting something new.  I might use one of my alternate names and use that to prestige, but for my main name I'm sticking with Level 70.

a wha? Multiple names? Don't you have to level up to 70 each time though?

I have two other names on the PS Network.  But yes, I would still have to work through the levels to prestige with them, but I like the comfort of having my guns and classes still present.

It's like a security blanket.

That's cool. I guess it is possible to do that since the PSN doesn't cost any money. As far as my endeavors on the PS3, I'll probably prestige once to get the extra challenges and that's it.

Wow.  Video game security blankets.

All this talk of leveling up to 70 on multiple names is almost making me look like a Chad by comparison.  I still haven't played MW2, but have bought 4 new other games and played those constantly and have thrown my controller across the room and broke it like a 3 year old child would and bought a new one, in like three weeks.

Don't act like you're not a loser still'd
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #347 on: December 11, 2009, 08:51:05 AM »
I read this morning (on either IGN or TeamXBOX) that the 360 patch for the Javelin glitch (and others) drops today...it already might be live.

Kerm...you still play?  Yeti and I ran shit last night.  We love to rail asses.  Weebs and Slak, you guys play at all anymore?
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #348 on: December 11, 2009, 09:22:05 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 11, 2009, 08:51:05 AM
I read this morning (on either IGN or TeamXBOX) that the 360 patch for the Javelin glitch (and others) drops today...it already might be live.

Kerm...you still play?  Yeti and I ran shit last night.  We love to rail asses.  Weebs and Slak, you guys play at all anymore?

Does the Pope shit in the woods?
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #349 on: December 11, 2009, 09:56:04 AM »

My xbox died and my new place needs nice furniture so I'm going to get one of those
MW2 elite packages if they still sell them at best buys this weekend so I should be playing
some.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #350 on: December 11, 2009, 10:59:12 AM »

I haven't really felt like it lately, but, yes, I still play.  I'll try to get on later tonight, but I have a bunch of stuff I need to get done around the house, because I have some friends coming to town tomorrow.
Hire Jim Essian!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #351 on: December 11, 2009, 11:24:45 AM »

I haven't played since before I bought Assassin's Creed II.  If I've played anything lately, it's just been a few minutes of Zelda or Mario on my DS.  I'll try to get on and play with you guys sometime, but I'm busy pretty much all weekend.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #352 on: December 11, 2009, 11:31:43 AM »
Quote from: Pre on December 11, 2009, 09:56:04 AM
My xbox died and my new place needs nice furniture so I'm going to get one of those
MW2 elite packages if they still sell them at best buys this weekend so I should be playing
some.

Why, are you going to use the box it comes in as a chair?

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #353 on: December 11, 2009, 11:31:56 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on December 11, 2009, 11:24:45 AM

I haven't played since before I bought Assassin's Creed II.  If I've played anything lately, it's just been a few minutes of Zelda or Mario on my DS.  I'll try to get on and play with you guys sometime, but I'm busy pretty much all weekend.

You're camping out for Avatar, aren't you?
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #354 on: December 11, 2009, 11:38:01 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 11, 2009, 11:31:56 AM

That movie looks terrible, but no, I'm actually trying to have a life outside of video games.  I call it: Second Life.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #355 on: December 11, 2009, 11:39:21 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on December 11, 2009, 11:38:01 AM

That movie looks terrible, but no, I'm actually trying to have a life outside of video games.  I call it: Second Life.

I assume that was on purpose?

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #356 on: December 11, 2009, 11:47:02 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 11, 2009, 11:39:21 AM

You're so wise.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #357 on: December 11, 2009, 11:47:19 AM »

Are you trying to out-IAN IAN?
Hire Jim Essian!

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #358 on: December 11, 2009, 12:09:56 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on December 11, 2009, 11:47:19 AM

Are you trying to out-IAN IAN?

I am.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #359 on: December 11, 2009, 12:14:46 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on December 11, 2009, 11:47:02 AM

You're so wise.

I had never heard of that until today. I was going to try to spin it into something about Half-Life but then I went and fucked it all up