News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Primary Clusterfuck 2012  ( 22,565 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Primary Clusterfuck 2012
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2012, 01:39:46 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on January 04, 2012, 11:40:35 AM
Quote from: Slaky on January 04, 2012, 09:45:35 AM
Getting coffee this morning the news was on. They were talking about who won the vote amongst Evangelicals in Iowa.

In short, I'd like to leave and never come back.

In all seriousness, and speaking as an outsider, one of the things that fascinates me about America is that more of you don't feel like this.  Most of you on here (with one or two notable exceptions) are intelligent, educated, thoughtful chaps, and yet you're surrounded - and massively outnumbered - by dribbling fucking idiots.  Does it not freak you out, even just a bit?

A lot. Every day.

And so if I was able to secure a job in Norway we could end up living there. You know, where people get treated well and aren't assumed to be mouthbreathing cretins that hope Jesus Christ shows up in their breakfast gravy.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2012, 01:47:10 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 04, 2012, 01:39:46 PM
Getting coffee this morning the news was on. They were talking about who won the vote amongst Evangelicals in Iowa.

In all seriousness, and speaking as an outsider, one of the things that fascinates me about America is that more of you don't feel like this.  Most of you on here (with one or two notable exceptions) are intelligent, educated, thoughtful chaps, and yet you're surrounded - and massively outnumbered - by dribbling fucking idiots.  Does it not freak you out, even just a bit?

A lot. Every day.

And so if I was able to secure a job in Norway we could end up living there. You know, where people get treated well and aren't assumed to be mouthbreathing cretins that hope Jesus Christ shows up in their breakfast gravy.

You've inadvertantly made a point in favour of the US, there.  You know they don't have breakfast gravy in Norway, right?  I just don't want you to be disappointed.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2012, 02:05:47 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on January 04, 2012, 01:47:10 PM

A lot. Every day.

You've inadvertantly made a point in favour of the US, there.  You know they don't have breakfast gravy in Norway, right?  I just don't want you to be disappointed.

I know what they have in Norway. I also know what they don't have: good buffalo wings. Wing Empire, here I come.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2012, 02:09:17 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 04, 2012, 02:05:47 PM

A lot. Every day.

I know what they have in Norway. I also know what they don't have: good buffalo wings. Wing Empire, here I come.

You better move quickly before this guy beats you to the punch.

I served Buffalo Wings at my 50th anniversary buffet. These were among the favourites of my friends. I used ready made Buffalo Wing mix bought in the US. I have found no Buffalo wing mix or sauce in my Norwegian supermarkets, but I found a recipe on YouTube the other day that shows that making you own sauce from scratch is easy.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2012, 02:52:54 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on January 04, 2012, 02:09:17 PM

A lot. Every day.

You better move quickly before this guy beats you to the punch.

I served Buffalo Wings at my 50th anniversary buffet. These were among the favourites of my friends. I used ready made Buffalo Wing mix bought in the US. I have found no Buffalo wing mix or sauce in my Norwegian supermarkets, but I found a recipe on YouTube the other day that shows that making you own sauce from scratch is easy.

Shit.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2012, 03:40:16 PM »

I know what they have in Norway. I also know what they don't have: good buffalo wings.

Also, butter.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2012, 04:14:20 PM »
Quote from: Eli on January 04, 2012, 03:40:16 PM

I know what they have in Norway. I also know what they don't have: good buffalo wings.

Also, butter.

I'll bring some.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2012, 05:34:16 PM »

Also, butter.

I can't believe there's no butter.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2012, 05:37:18 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on January 04, 2012, 05:34:16 PM

Also, butter.

Yes, I see what you did there.

But seriously...

OSLO—A shortage of butter that threatens the production of some favorite Christmas food is prompting Norwegians to take matters into their own hands. Faced with not being able to make the seven types of cookies that local tradition demands, some are buying cream and churning it into butter themselves.

But let's keep talking about how Norway is totally different from Iowa.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2012, 05:55:12 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on January 04, 2012, 05:37:18 PM

Also, butter.

But seriously...

OSLO—A shortage of butter that threatens the production of some favorite Christmas food is prompting Norwegians to take matters into their own hands. Faced with not being able to make the seven types of cookies that local tradition demands, some are buying cream and churning it into butter themselves.

Bringing it back around...

http://www.theonion.com/articles/600pound-butter-cow-sculpture-wins-iowa-caucus,26941/
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2012, 12:33:12 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on January 04, 2012, 05:37:18 PM

Also, butter.

But seriously...

I've been to both. You may be on to something.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2012, 04:39:32 AM »

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2012, 09:11:54 AM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on January 03, 2012, 11:18:44 PM
Quote from: BC on January 03, 2012, 11:02:36 PM
Fox just reported that a guy driving a truck has the results out of Story County, the largest county still outstanding, and is driving the results to the secret vote-counting center. Seriously, the Republican nomination for President of the United States is, at least for a moment, controlled by a guy driving a truck out of Story County, Iowa.

Wow.

This is the difference between like 7 non-committed delegates and 6 non-committed delegates.

The race is close enough where it really won't matter for the future of the campaign.

Seriously, you didn't use some form of "let's just see how it plays out" in your response?  I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU ANYMORE!
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2012, 09:26:06 PM »
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.