News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Week 11: Go Fuck Yourself, San Diego.  ( 9,988 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Week 11: Go Fuck Yourself, San Diego.
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2011, 04:05:34 PM »
Quote from: SKO on November 22, 2011, 03:58:26 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 22, 2011, 03:55:19 PM
Quote from: Slaky on November 22, 2011, 03:53:15 PM
Quote from: PANK! on November 22, 2011, 03:50:33 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 22, 2011, 03:47:57 PM
Quote from: Brownie on November 22, 2011, 03:37:53 PM
Quote from: morpheus on November 22, 2011, 03:04:53 PM
Please, no.

Why not? He wants to come here and be Jay's valet? Honestly, Steve Fuller was a much, much shittier insurance policy. So was Jeff Hostetler (for Phil Simms). So was Mark Rypien (for Jay Schroeder). So was Trent Dilfer.

Yeah, they need a veteran backup stat. This is perfect news. Please, yes.

Thirded.  If your big concern is that Meatball Nation might start clamoring for the Neckbeard to start, well, just live with it.  He won't be.  In the meantime, not a horrible pickup.

FOX's Jake Laser says that the Chiefs and Bears will claim him - the Chiefs have higher priority so it looks like he's going to KC. Which would ruin my dream of watching the Bears end Tyler Palko's life.

Stupid fucking Chiefs.

Agreed. Stupid Chiefs. As for Morph's comments, we're headed for meatball outcry regardless. Hanie can probably steer this ship long enough to get Jay back in time for the playoffs, and we all know they're going to jump on Hanie for MANAGIN DA GAME, mY FRENT, but for once, I don't think it matters, because the entire organization is committed to Cutler financially and because I think even they are smart enough to know who their guy is. If Hanie goes down or falters, I'd sure as hell rather have Orton standing behind him than fucking Nathan Enderle.

But would you have to change the name of your blog?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2011, 04:07:12 PM »
Please, no.

Why not? He wants to come here and be Jay's valet? Honestly, Steve Fuller was a much, much shittier insurance policy. So was Jeff Hostetler (for Phil Simms). So was Mark Rypien (for Jay Schroeder). So was Trent Dilfer.

Thirded.  If your big concern is that Meatball Nation might start clamoring for the Neckbeard to start, well, just live with it.  He won't be.  In the meantime, not a horrible pickup.

FOX's Jake Laser says that the Chiefs and Bears will claim him - the Chiefs have higher priority so it looks like he's going to KC. Which would ruin my dream of watching the Bears end Tyler Palko's life.

Stupid fucking Chiefs.

But, as has been speculated on The Score, Orton's agent could tell Kansas City that he wouldn't be willing to play for the Chiefs, which could cause them to drop the claim.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2011, 04:17:00 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 22, 2011, 04:07:12 PM
Please, no.

Thirded.  If your big concern is that Meatball Nation might start clamoring for the Neckbeard to start, well, just live with it.  He won't be.  In the meantime, not a horrible pickup.

Stupid fucking Chiefs.

But, as has been speculated on The Score, Orton's agent could tell Kansas City that he wouldn't be willing to play for the Chiefs, which could cause them to drop the claim.

If this happens you guys better steer clear of me for awhile. Because I'll be done with shirts, razors, discreet displays of public affection and anything that would even barely conceal the turgid throb I'll be carrying.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2011, 04:26:03 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 22, 2011, 04:17:00 PM
Please, no.

Stupid fucking Chiefs.

If this happens you guys better steer clear of me for awhile. Because I'll be done with shirts, razors, discreet displays of public affection and anything that would even barely conceal the turgid throb I'll be carrying.

Whose turgid throb will you be carrying/chugging?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2011, 04:33:33 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 22, 2011, 04:26:03 PM
Please, no.

Stupid fucking Chiefs.

My own.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2011, 04:39:13 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 22, 2011, 04:33:33 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 22, 2011, 04:26:03 PM
Please, no.

Stupid fucking Chiefs.

My own.

Post-op, eh?

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2011, 04:57:42 PM »
Please, no.

Stupid fucking Chiefs.

Has any statement that starts with "as speculated on the Score" ever been true or rational?

Why would he do that?

Presumably Orton still thinks and wants to prove that he can be a starter in this league, and spending a month chucking it around to Bowe and Breaston with nothing to lose seems like a better opportunity to showcase his talents than riding pine behind Caleb Hanie. 

Of course, then he'd have to play for psycho Todd Haley, but at least he'd be starting.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2011, 05:01:08 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on November 22, 2011, 04:57:42 PM
Please, no.

Stupid fucking Chiefs.

Has any statement that starts with "as speculated on the Score" ever been true or rational?

Why would he do that?

Presumably Orton still thinks and wants to prove that he can be a starter in this league, and spending a month chucking it around to Bowe and Breaston with nothing to lose seems like a better opportunity to showcase his talents than riding pine behind Caleb Hanie. 

Of course, then he'd have to play for psycho Todd Haley, but at least he'd be starting.

Boers and Bernstein then had on some reporter from the Denver Post who stated that this release request had been specifically requested by Orton following the Cutler injury.  This same reporter also asserted that Orton did not want to play a team that wasn't the Bears.

So, who knows.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2011, 05:14:49 PM »
If Orton winds up with the Bears and starts the next couple weeks, can we be so bold to expect Dale Sveum to name his new bench coach: Jim Essian?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2011, 05:53:43 PM »
In 2007 California was a tenth ranked team playing a push-over Colorado State whose quarterback was a no one named Caleb Hanie.  Hanie scared the hell out of us, passing for 300 yards and keeping his team coming back and scoring almost every time California did.  In the end California won, but it was closer than it was supposed to be on paper.  I don't think that it is fair to judge him based upon his having to come in for the last half of a championship game against an inspired Green Bay team.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2011, 07:18:00 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 22, 2011, 04:05:34 PM
Quote from: SKO on November 22, 2011, 03:58:26 PM
Please, no.

Thirded.  If your big concern is that Meatball Nation might start clamoring for the Neckbeard to start, well, just live with it.  He won't be.  In the meantime, not a horrible pickup.

Stupid fucking Chiefs.

Agreed. Stupid Chiefs. As for Morph's comments, we're headed for meatball outcry regardless. Hanie can probably steer this ship long enough to get Jay back in time for the playoffs, and we all know they're going to jump on Hanie for MANAGIN DA GAME, mY FRENT, but for once, I don't think it matters, because the entire organization is committed to Cutler financially and because I think even they are smart enough to know who their guy is. If Hanie goes down or falters, I'd sure as hell rather have Orton standing behind him than fucking Nathan Enderle.

But would you have to change the name of your blog?

SKO has a blog? You'd think he'd tell us about it at least once.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2011, 10:08:36 PM »
I say don't put in the claim. That's not to say you don't try to get him, but if he falls to the Bears, that means only 2 teams are after them. From what I've gathered, if they put in the claim, then they must pay him the $2.6 million. The Packers and Niners won't grab him. After he clears, he is a free agent, and sign him for less than that $2.6 million price point

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2011, 10:32:42 PM »
Quote from: Tollbooth Yeti on November 22, 2011, 10:08:36 PM
I say don't put in the claim. That's not to say you don't try to get him, but if he falls to the Bears, that means only 2 teams are after them. From what I've gathered, if they put in the claim, then they must pay him the $2.6 million. The Packers and Niners won't grab him. After he clears, he is a free agent, and sign him for less than that $2.6 million price point

What difference does the money make? The Bears are under the cap, and the contract is not guaranteed for next year.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2011, 11:10:43 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 22, 2011, 10:32:42 PM

What difference does the money make? The Bears are under the cap, and the contract is not guaranteed for next year.

Read Yeti's post again.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2011, 08:04:28 AM »
`

Would the Packers spend the $2.6 million to grab him in order to keep the Bears from signing him?
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen