News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Starlin Castro Farewell Tour?  ( 16,430 )

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The Starlin Castro Farewell Tour?
« Reply #135 on: September 19, 2015, 12:21:55 PM »
Who cares - Castro is just owning the Cardinals right now.
M'lady.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: September 23, 2015, 11:09:40 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 19, 2015, 08:00:42 AM
Quote from: Canadouche on September 19, 2015, 07:50:54 AM
Quote from: PANK! on September 19, 2015, 05:45:05 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on September 18, 2015, 11:33:31 PM
Quote from: Eli on September 18, 2015, 07:43:36 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on September 18, 2015, 05:46:40 PM
I might be in the minority, but I really hope he remains a Cub. Not only because he's capable of being an incredible hitter, but, actaully, because of how he has handled his benching. Most players with his service time, coupled with his big contract would really pout over such a tremendous change. Starlin has only ever demonstrated joy -- you can tell he's thrilled to be in the playoff hunt, in any capacity. If it's not too late to improve his defense, then there must be a place for him, particularly if Baez ends up at third base and Bryant moves to the outfield.

All of this. By all accounts, he's been a complete pro about it. All he did was take it in stride and -- from the looks of it -- get better and earn his way back into the lineup. Who knows how long it'll last, but it's pretty admirable.

That's cute that you guys are like best buds now.

Grow up.

Apex will never forgive me for the many douchey, stupid things I've done, and I don't blame him.

He's butthurt that Eli was not mean to you for once, as if we're in fucking high school.  Christ.

In an attempt to keep this thread from devolving into pointless bickering revolving around Internet fights from several years ago, I would just simply like to add some joyful positive about Castro's performance yesterday.
Castro hit two homers and drove in six runs (tying a career high he set in his MLB debut May 7, 2010) as his redemption came full circle when the Wrigley faithful demanded a curtain call, Castro's first.

"I've been here six years and that's never happened," he said. "I enjoyed it so much"

It's pretty incredible that he's gotten to experience his first curtain call after all that he's gone through this year. It's also pretty awesome.

I wasn't butthurt. Just having a little fun at their expense. I didn't expect anybody to take that comment seriously. I'll do better.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: September 25, 2015, 04:20:04 PM »
YOU FUCKING BEAUTY.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: September 25, 2015, 04:21:39 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on September 25, 2015, 04:20:04 PM
YOU FUCKING BEAUTY.

I was at Chuck's bank 90 minutes ago. Missed the chance to tell him to go fuck himself in advance of that triple. Dammit!

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: September 25, 2015, 04:34:14 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on September 25, 2015, 04:21:39 PM
Quote from: Tonker on September 25, 2015, 04:20:04 PM
YOU FUCKING BEAUTY.

I was at Chuck's bank 90 minutes ago. Missed the chance to tell him to go fuck himself in advance of that triple. Dammit!

Watching Baez swing from his ass and K to end the game I remembered that I was right all along and trading Castro is stupid. I never agreed they should do it as much as I accepted it as a part of his (my) destiny.

Go to hell.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: September 28, 2015, 03:54:30 PM »
M'lady.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: September 28, 2015, 03:55:25 PM »
Hopefully I didn't just break Desipio with that image post. It looks fine on my iPad.
M'lady.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: September 28, 2015, 04:08:17 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on September 28, 2015, 03:55:25 PM
Hopefully I didn't just break Desipio with that image post. It looks fine on my iPad.

When you say "fine"...
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: September 28, 2015, 04:43:08 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on September 28, 2015, 04:08:17 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on September 28, 2015, 03:55:25 PM

When you say "fine"...

When I say "fine," I mean that Castro is a belt watch away from becoming my personal hero.
M'lady.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: September 28, 2015, 05:39:14 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on September 28, 2015, 03:54:30 PM

It's no hoverboard, but the rest of the outfit looks pretty McFly-ish.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: October 22, 2015, 06:24:56 AM »
The guy that was left for dead in early August played nearly every single inning in the playoffs.  He still sucked, basically reverting to the same player who mystifyingly started to roll a bunch of Murton-soft bouncers to the left side for 2 1/2 months before waking up,  but he did homer off Wacha (and he certainly wasn't the only Cub with a cold bat, else we wouldn't be mourning this team right now).  The Cubs couldn't give him away at the deadline, so it's nice that he's restored some of his value.  Gotta say I still feel he's gone, but I'm less convinced than I was when I started this thread.  In fact you could say the Cubs dealing Castro is increasingly unlikely.  If they could get more for dealing, say, Baez and/or Soler, I think we may able to live with Castro as the everyday second baseman, though personally I think I'd rather see Baez there.  I've never really hated Castro but I think I've see enough of him.  
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: October 22, 2015, 07:29:51 AM »
Can Soler play center?
M'lady.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: October 22, 2015, 07:43:24 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on October 22, 2015, 07:29:51 AM
Can Soler play center?

God no.

But Bryant probably could.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: October 22, 2015, 07:52:05 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 22, 2015, 07:43:24 AM
Quote from: Canadouche on October 22, 2015, 07:29:51 AM
Can Soler play center?

God no.

But Bryant probably could.

I think the only way the Cubs keep all of them is if one of them bites the CF bullet. I doubt any of them could be worse out there than Brant Brown was. Otherwise, I think Castro needs to be packaged in a trade for a quality starting pitcher.
M'lady.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: October 22, 2015, 08:48:31 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 22, 2015, 06:24:56 AM
The guy that was left for dead in early August played nearly every single inning in the playoffs.  He still sucked, basically reverting to the same player who mystifyingly started to roll a bunch of Murton-soft bouncers to the left side for 2 1/2 months before waking up,  but he did homer off Wacha (and he certainly wasn't the only Cub with a cold bat, else we wouldn't be mourning this team right now).  The Cubs couldn't give him away at the deadline, so it's nice that he's restored some of his value.  Gotta say I still feel he's gone, but I'm less convinced than I was when I started this thread.  In fact you could say the Cubs dealing Castro is increasingly unlikely.  If they could get more for dealing, say, Baez and/or Soler, I think we may able to live with Castro as the everyday second baseman, though personally I think I'd rather see Baez there.  I've never really hated Castro but I think I've see enough of him.  

I wanted that foul ball he hit to stay straight for a homer. Not that it would have made a difference in the game, but I wanted Castro's last game as a Cub to allow him to go out in style.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16