News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Systems of Football: The All-Purpose Bears Game Thread  ( 44,264 )

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Systems of Football: The All-Purpose Bears Game Thread
« Reply #300 on: December 29, 2013, 10:09:07 PM »
I hope the entire state of Wisconsin dies in a fire tonight.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #301 on: December 29, 2013, 10:23:29 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on December 29, 2013, 09:49:29 PM
Quote from: Eli on December 29, 2013, 03:38:56 PM
Just a pre-emptive "Shut up" to CFiHP whenever he stumbles in here.

The defense obviously was the real villain here, but Jay had multiple chances to man up and put it away, and he failed to do it.  On the other side of the field, he got to watch a HOF QB come up clutch and kill the Bears once again.  Does anyone think that if Cutler were in Rodgers shoes on that 4th and 8, that he would've 1. avoided the sack, and 2. thrown that good of a ball to Cobb?  It would've either sailed 10 yards on him or fallen 5 yards short.

Would Jay get to play against Mel Tucker's defensive unit?

But I have to say FUCK JAY CUTLER.

1) He could of picked up that loose ball and ran it back for a touchdown instead of Boykins.
2) He could of covered better when he wore number 47.
3) He could of sacked Rodgers on 4th and 8 when he wore number 90
4) He could of called a much less aggressive play on 4th and 8 that would of won the game for the Bears
5) He should of called delay of game on the Packers on 4th and 1
6) He could of made that field goal on 3rd down at the HHH Dome four weeks ago.
7) He could of made the plays late in the game against Washington instead of letting them score.
8) He could of coaxed Urlacher into coming back for one more year even though Urlacher was finished.
9) He could of told Rose to show some balls and come back for the playoffs.
10) He should of walked to the mound after Prior was rattled with a 2-2 count on Castillo and Mordecai on 2nd base. After all they were up 3-0 and that foul ball was not the end-all be-all.
10) He should of told Dusty that he'd be able to come in out of the pen in Games 6 and 7.
11) He should of told Gary Woods to lay off the fucking Gatorade because he's going to spill some on Leon Durham's glove!
12) He should of not grooved that fastball to Willie Stargell
13) He should of called tails in 1969 so the Bears could draft Bradshaw.
14) He shouldn't of agreed to cede Sudetenland to Germany and then fly back to England promising "Peace in Our Time."
15) He shouldn't of told President Lincoln to go watch My American Cousin.

Cutler should go play for Minnesota and stick it up our collective asses for another 5 or 6 years. We deserve the next crop of Will Fuhrers, Steve Stenstroms, Mark Butterfields, and Craig Krenzel. Fuck us.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #302 on: December 29, 2013, 10:24:12 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on December 29, 2013, 10:09:07 PM

I hope fucking Mel Tucker, James Anderson and Chris Cunte escape to Wisconsin to join in the death toll.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #303 on: December 30, 2013, 08:44:41 AM »

I'll take the Orton that showed up through tree quarters to the Jay that showed up tonight.  His first half was painfully brutal - there were so many missed opportunities that GB should never have been in the game.  7/12 or whatever for 65-ish yards and a TD is Brandon Weedon bad.

The defense obviously was the real villain here, but Jay had multiple chances to man up and put it away, and he failed to do it.  On the other side of the field, he got to watch a HOF QB come up clutch and kill the Bears once again.  Does anyone think that if Cutler were in Rodgers shoes on that 4th and 8, that he would've 1. avoided the sack, and 2. thrown that good of a ball to Cobb?  It would've either sailed 10 yards on him or fallen 5 yards short.

Jay's numbers the last three weeks have done nothing to earn him a spot here next season.  This is what happens when you fix what isn't broken.

I don't think I have any emotion left for the 2013 Chicago Bears. But you're about one post away from ending up on my Dead Pool List every year until I cash in. I'm putting over/under for that score at about 12.5 and I'm not kidding at all.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #304 on: December 30, 2013, 08:59:29 AM »

I'll take the Orton that showed up through tree quarters to the Jay that showed up tonight.  His first half was painfully brutal - there were so many missed opportunities that GB should never have been in the game.  7/12 or whatever for 65-ish yards and a TD is Brandon Weedon bad.

Jay's numbers the last three weeks have done nothing to earn him a spot here next season.  This is what happens when you fix what isn't broken.

FUCK YOU

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #305 on: December 30, 2013, 09:04:39 AM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on December 29, 2013, 10:09:07 PM

Does CFiHP live in Wisconsin?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #306 on: December 30, 2013, 09:07:11 AM »

Also, the QB spot wasn't broken? What alternate reality did you live in during the 00s? 90s for the matter, too?

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #307 on: December 30, 2013, 09:12:43 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 30, 2013, 09:07:11 AM

Also, the QB spot wasn't broken? What alternate reality did you live in during the 00s? 90s for the matter, too?

He means it wasn't broken when McGowan had the gig.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #308 on: December 30, 2013, 09:14:34 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on December 30, 2013, 09:12:43 AM
Quote from: Yeti on December 30, 2013, 09:07:11 AM

He means it wasn't broken when McGowan had the gig.

OK, but it wasn't broken before McGowaner had the gig.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #309 on: December 30, 2013, 09:20:27 AM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on December 29, 2013, 09:49:29 PMJay had multiple chances to man up and put it away, and he failed to do it.

Real men have big throbbing wieners which make them good at football argle bargle

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #310 on: December 30, 2013, 09:56:50 AM »

Goddamn, I hate it so much when people hate incorrectly. 

If you're going to boil down the problems with Jay Cutler to "He's not Aaron Rodgers" than you're going to suffer a lifetime of disappointment with your QB. 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #311 on: December 30, 2013, 10:05:52 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on December 30, 2013, 09:56:50 AM

If you're going to boil down the problems with Jay Cutler to "He's not Aaron Rodgers" than you're going to suffer a lifetime of disappointment with your QB. 

Jay had 9 incompletions in this game. 3 of them were drops. One of them was an throw on 3rd and 17 that actually hit Jeffery in the hands but Jeffery couldn't make the tough grab. One was a throwaway on second and goal (he threw a TD pass the next play).

So basically if you miss on four passes you are not Aaron Rodgers, even though he had two interceptions early in the game in the red zone and cost HIS team a chance to put it away early.

I guess as far as his first half passing yardage that it's Jay's fault that Trestman was clearly intent on establishing the run? Which worked, considering Forte utterly fucking destroyed Green Bay and opened up the entire offense in the second half?

Anyway, I hope CFIHP rots in fucking hell. Fucking idiot.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #312 on: December 30, 2013, 10:07:09 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on December 30, 2013, 09:56:50 AM

Yes, the real reason to hate Jay Cutler is that if the Bears re-sign him they are barred by law and NFL mandate from drafting another QB to develop.  

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #313 on: December 30, 2013, 10:11:55 AM »
This is a good read if you want to revisit that awful feeling in the pit of your stomach on that 4th and 8 play.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/10214346/bill-barnwell-week-17-nfl

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #314 on: December 30, 2013, 10:14:57 AM »
I see that the Tribune's poll about wanting Cutler back is exactly 50/50 after almost 18,000 votes. That sounds about right.

Cutler can be frustrating and I don't think he's as good as SKO has built him up to be in his prickly, strawmen-busting brain (love you anyway, Kyle), but I don't see another reasonable option besides bringing him back unless you don't care about next season. Because what's even more frustrating than Cutler is a genuinely bad QB, which is probably what they'll have next year if Cutler is elsewhere.

I guess I'd lean toward franchising him, drafting a QB fairly early and seeing how it plays out with that development. An extension wouldn't bother me either, I suppose.