News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Nice Choice, Jim.  ( 24,688 )

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Nice Choice, Jim.
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 08:09:40 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on April 19, 2011, 11:58:33 AM
Quote from: PenPho on April 19, 2011, 11:24:41 AM
Quote from: SKO on April 19, 2011, 08:40:17 AM
Quote from: Brownie on April 19, 2011, 08:25:00 AM
Quote from: PenPho on April 13, 2011, 06:42:57 PM
Further evidence that there is no God.

And so the Legend of Sam Fuld grows and walks among us. My hope is that all of this soon leads the Franklin Mint to give us two things the people want and need: The Sam Fuld Numbered Commemorative Plate and The Sam Fuld Boer War Chess Set.

No word on how FULD had a big game against the Shite Sox last night?

http://twitter.com/#/search/Sam%20Fuld Guh.

This has to be satire, right?

RIGHT?!?!

Yeah, but they also shrewdly dumped has-beens at the right time like Brock, Sutter, Madlock, Jenkins, Maddux and Eckersley.

And Dave Martinez
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 10:23:17 AM »
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2011, 10:30:05 AM »

Quote from: Armchair_QB on April 20, 2011, 10:23:17 AM
SAM FULD!!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/20/sports/baseball/20fuld.html?_r=2
Any player whose value "goes beyond numbers" is 98% likely to be white, and 99% likely to need a booster seat when going out to eat.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2011, 10:42:56 AM »
Quote from: Bort on April 20, 2011, 10:30:05 AM
Quote from: Armchair_QB on April 20, 2011, 10:23:17 AM
SAM FULD!!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/20/sports/baseball/20fuld.html?_r=2

Any player whose value "goes beyond numbers" is 98% likely to be white, and 99% likely to need a booster seat when going out to eat.

I'm starting to regret that Fuld went to the AL East.

Any other division and he'd likely be languishing under a level of inattention more commensurate with his abilities.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2011, 04:28:48 PM »
Good Fucking Lord.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2011, 05:27:38 PM »
I never thought Sam Fuld was that bad of a ballplayer, really. I mean, I know our visceral reaction to him was due to the KUBBIEZ fans making him into a mascot, but I honestly thought he was a pretty good option as a fourth outfielder thanks to his OBP and his speed. Naturally he's going to fall back to earth, but I'm not that shocked that he's capable of one good month. Then again, I think Fernando Perez offers exactly the same skillset. I've lost track of what I'm trying to say here.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2011, 05:32:15 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 21, 2011, 05:27:38 PM
I never thought Sam Fuld was that bad of a ballplayer, really. I mean, I know our visceral reaction to him was due to the KUBBIEZ fans making him into a mascot, but I honestly thought he was a pretty good option as a fourth outfielder thanks to his OBP and his speed. Naturally he's going to fall back to earth, but I'm not that shocked that he's capable of one good month. Then again, I think Fernando Perez offers exactly the same skillset. I've lost track of what I'm trying to say here.

That Reed Johnson is AWESOME?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2011, 05:42:48 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on April 21, 2011, 05:32:15 PM

That Reed Johnson is AWESOME?

He does have a higher OPS and BA than Fuld. Science.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2011, 07:23:59 PM »

I hope my Twitter buddy makes it up this year. Of course that means a couple people would have to die. Which is actually fine. I stand by my comment.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2011, 07:28:45 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 21, 2011, 07:23:59 PM

I hope my Twitter buddy makes it up this year. Of course that means a couple people would have to die. Which is actually fine. I stand by my comment.

Some days, I think you two might be a good couple. I'm not meaning that in a rude way, just saying that if a couple dudes are right for each other then they should, you know, have a little fun.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2011, 07:41:50 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on April 21, 2011, 07:28:45 PM

Some days, I think you two might be a good couple. I'm not meaning that in a rude way, just saying that if a couple dudes are right for each other then they should, you know, have a little fun.

Do you mean Slak and Fernando or me and Slak since you quoted us both? I assume you mean Slak and Fernando. But my heart jumped for a brief moment in time.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2011, 07:04:26 AM »

I think Chris Nilan is a far superior Twitter buddy.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2011, 06:51:19 AM »
Not the iron sheik?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2011, 03:19:56 PM »
Quote from: BBM on April 23, 2011, 06:51:19 AM
Not the iron sheik?

He never tweets back. I feel so betrayed.
TIME TO POST!