News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I had THE DREAM again last night...  ( 7,880 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
I had THE DREAM again last night...
« on: April 20, 2012, 10:23:51 AM »
I am back in college.  I am scheduled to take a final exam.  Not only have I not studied for it, I have never attended any of the lectures, I have never read the books, and I am not even sure of the name of the course.  This is not the first time that I have had this dream.  It has recurred countless times since I graduated 55 years ago.   
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I had THE DREAM again last night...
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 10:33:30 AM »
I have had this same basic dream many times... ugh.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 10:37:10 AM »
That's not a dream for me, it's just remembering.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 10:38:36 AM »
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 11:38:15 AM »
I have a similar dream occasionally - I'm about to go on stage without the first idea what the show is, and without having learned a single one of my lines.  Ugh.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 12:02:36 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 20, 2012, 11:38:15 AM
I have a similar dream occasionally - I'm about to go on stage without the first idea what the show is, and without having learned a single one of my lines.  Ugh.

My variation on that is that we're putting on a reunion show of the first play I did in high school. Except we didn't rehearse, we have no sets, and no costumes.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 12:22:43 PM »
Quote from: Bort on April 20, 2012, 12:02:36 PM

My variation on that is that we're putting on a reunion show of the first play I did in high school. Except we didn't rehearse, we have no sets, and no costumes.

Haven't we seen this in real life?
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 12:53:54 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on April 20, 2012, 12:22:43 PM

Naked I can deal with. Playing Dracula in jeans and a t-shirt? Much worse.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 01:25:49 PM »
Quote from: Bort on April 20, 2012, 12:53:54 PM

Bort was in the Twilight movies?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 01:53:08 PM »
Quote from: Fork on April 20, 2012, 01:25:49 PM

I'm touched that you think I went to high school in 2010.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2012, 02:45:30 PM »
Quote from: Bort on April 20, 2012, 01:53:08 PM
Quote from: Fork on April 20, 2012, 01:25:49 PM

I'm touched that you think I went to high school in 2010.

I touched a lot of people?
TIME TO POST!

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 04:09:36 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on April 20, 2012, 10:23:51 AM
I am back in college.  I am scheduled to take a final exam.  Not only have I not studied for it, I have never attended any of the lectures, I have never read the books, and I am not even sure of the name of the course.  This is not the first time that I have had this dream.  It has recurred countless times since I graduated 55 years ago.   

The only variations that I have for this dream are that notwithstanding all of the above, since I am adept at improvisation I have resolved to take the final, but I can't find the room where it is being given, or that my car breaks down or for a dozen other reasons I am late.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 04:27:46 PM »
The other repeating dream I have is the one where I go to a social event and I am the only person who took the "clothing optional" note on the invitation seriously.  The "nightmare" part of this dream is that everyone else in the dream doesn't seem to notice, or care.  (Oh well.  Rosie O'Donnell loves that dream.)

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2012, 07:51:53 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on April 20, 2012, 04:27:46 PM
The other repeating dream I have is the one where I go to a social event and I am the only person who took the "clothing optional" note on the invitation seriously.

This is a theme that I've never had. Indeed, I cannot recall my own clothing ever making an appearance in a sleeping dream, aside from a recent oddity in which I somehow made an unlikely escape from certain doom by flying into the air clad as Spider-Man, which doesn't even add up, as I was viewing myself from a remote vantage point and have not given this insipid character a second thought since the 1977 TV series.

This may have some connection to successfully operating a motor vehicle in a separate recent entry. This is normally a disastrous dream scenario, worse than any attempt to use mass transport, which goes awry in a less frustrating fashion. The real recurring guest stars are specific, generally nonexistent, and hopelessly complicated buildings.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 01:33:11 PM »
One time, I got so baked I forgot to smoke the rest of the bowl.

Wait...what are we doing in here?