News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Apple  ( 82,273 )

smg

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Apple
« Reply #195 on: June 16, 2010, 02:18:36 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on June 16, 2010, 01:04:02 PM
Quote from: BH on June 16, 2010, 12:49:14 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 16, 2010, 12:45:55 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-600000-iphone-4-pre-orders-2010-6
http://www.businessinsider.com/att-iphone-4-pre-orders-10-times-higher-than-first-day-last-year-2010-6

ATT really sucks.

Maybe up north, but in Springfield, it's the shit. Definitely the best network in the area.

I was extremely wary of switching from Verizon to AT&T, but it's been a non-issue.  On Verizon, I had maybe one dropped call in two years.  On AT&T I've had maybe 7 in a year.  Sure, it's more, but it's still something like one every other month.  Plus, data and voice work simultaneously, which I've been known to use, to look up movie times and the like.  Also, the rollover minutes are awesome.  I'm on the $40 plan, I think it is 450 minutes with free nights and weekends?  I'd rarely go over that on my own, but it would happen on occasion.  With the rollover minutes, I no longer give any thought at all to sitting on hold on the cell, etc.  So, it's been a good trade for me.  If I lived somewhere where it rarely worked, I'd feel differently.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #196 on: June 16, 2010, 03:45:14 PM »
Quote from: smg on June 16, 2010, 02:18:36 PM
Quote from: Yeti on June 16, 2010, 01:04:02 PM
Quote from: BH on June 16, 2010, 12:49:14 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 16, 2010, 12:45:55 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-600000-iphone-4-pre-orders-2010-6
http://www.businessinsider.com/att-iphone-4-pre-orders-10-times-higher-than-first-day-last-year-2010-6

ATT really sucks.

Maybe up north, but in Springfield, it's the shit. Definitely the best network in the area.

I was extremely wary of switching from Verizon to AT&T, but it's been a non-issue.  On Verizon, I had maybe one dropped call in two years.  On AT&T I've had maybe 7 in a year.  Sure, it's more, but it's still something like one every other month.  Plus, data and voice work simultaneously, which I've been known to use, to look up movie times and the like.  Also, the rollover minutes are awesome.  I'm on the $40 plan, I think it is 450 minutes with free nights and weekends?  I'd rarely go over that on my own, but it would happen on occasion.  With the rollover minutes, I no longer give any thought at all to sitting on hold on the cell, etc.  So, it's been a good trade for me.  If I lived somewhere where it rarely worked, I'd feel differently.

I hate talking on the phone so I'm in favor of more dropped calls. It's a nice excuse to hang up on people.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #197 on: June 23, 2010, 07:11:28 AM »
Got an email stating my scheduled delivery date was today. If I get it today, I'll be happier than Thrill when Diego Forlan takes off his shirt.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #198 on: June 23, 2010, 07:54:53 AM »
I have a 3G and I installed iOS4.  I can now put icons on top of icons and make folders.  Yay?
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #199 on: June 23, 2010, 08:07:35 AM »
I just found out I'm eligible for an upgrade through work. Looks like the iPhun4 will be mine in about a month.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #200 on: June 24, 2010, 08:19:58 AM »
It's boneriffic. That is all.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #201 on: June 24, 2010, 08:33:41 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on June 24, 2010, 08:19:58 AM

ATT has started their limited data plans right? The iphone, without unlimited data, is missing the point in my opinion.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #202 on: June 24, 2010, 08:45:55 AM »
Quote from: BH on June 24, 2010, 08:33:41 AM

ATT has started their limited data plans right? The iphone, without unlimited data, is missing the point in my opinion.

How much do you actually use? My last three months of usage were 1GB each month. I am on the internet quite a bit. I was shoutboxing, listening to slacker radio 1-2 hours per day, using the GPS, emailing, and facebook stalking like a motherfucker. And still I wasn't using but half of what their $25 plan offers. They have claimed that 99% of users don't go over 2GB. I am not worried about going over because that would mean I have doubled my internet usage. That's pretty extreme. Plus, at $25/month for 2GB, you're paying $5 less a month. I was told that if I go over, it will charge me an extra $10 and I have another GB to use.. So, if I go over every other month (not likely) then I'm paying what I was paying before. I doubt this limit will hamper most people.

Also, if you have the unlimited iPhone internet now, if you switch to the new iPhone, then they will let you keep it. The stipulation is that if you do switch to the 2GB one, you can't go back.

Since you've said dropped calls are one of your biggest complaints about the iPhone, Thrill linked this in the Sbox last night

QuoteApple has made the stainless band around the phone essentially a couple of big antennae, and they seem to be doing a pretty good job at hanging onto radio signals. The big question is obviously whether or not this fixes or helps with the constant dropped calls iPhone users on AT&T's network have gotten used to. Well in our testing, we had far, far fewer dropped calls than we experienced on our 3GS. Let's just say that again: yes, the iPhone 4 does seem to alleviate the dropped call issue.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #203 on: June 24, 2010, 09:35:37 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on June 24, 2010, 08:45:55 AM

How much do you actually use? My last three months of usage were 1GB each month. I am on the internet quite a bit. I was shoutboxing, listening to slacker radio 1-2 hours per day, using the GPS, emailing, and facebook stalking like a motherfucker. And still I wasn't using but half of what their $25 plan offers. They have claimed that 99% of users don't go over 2GB. I am not worried about going over because that would mean I have doubled my internet usage. That's pretty extreme. Plus, at $25/month for 2GB, you're paying $5 less a month. I was told that if I go over, it will charge me an extra $10 and I have another GB to use.. So, if I go over every other month (not likely) then I'm paying what I was paying before. I doubt this limit will hamper most people.

Also, if you have the unlimited iPhone internet now, if you switch to the new iPhone, then they will let you keep it. The stipulation is that if you do switch to the 2GB one, you can't go back.

Since you've said dropped calls are one of your biggest complaints about the iPhone, Thrill linked this in the Sbox last night

QuoteApple has made the stainless band around the phone essentially a couple of big antennae, and they seem to be doing a pretty good job at hanging onto radio signals. The big question is obviously whether or not this fixes or helps with the constant dropped calls iPhone users on AT&T's network have gotten used to. Well in our testing, we had far, far fewer dropped calls than we experienced on our 3GS. Let's just say that again: yes, the iPhone 4 does seem to alleviate the dropped call issue.

http://gizmodo.com/5571171/iphone-4-loses-reception-when-you-hold-it-by-the-antenna-band

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #204 on: June 24, 2010, 09:42:08 AM »
Quote from: BH on June 24, 2010, 09:35:37 AM

http://gizmodo.com/5571171/iphone-4-loses-reception-when-you-hold-it-by-the-antenna-band

I don't need your facts.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #205 on: June 24, 2010, 10:11:10 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on June 24, 2010, 09:42:08 AM

I don't need your facts.

If you carry a phone by the antenna, you deserve to lose reception on it.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #206 on: June 24, 2010, 10:17:00 AM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on June 24, 2010, 10:11:10 AM

I don't need your facts.

Well, I haven't had an issue. So for those keeping score at home, that's 2 pro iPhone4. 1 anti-iPhone4. We're winning!

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #207 on: June 24, 2010, 10:41:56 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on June 24, 2010, 10:17:00 AM

I don't need your facts.

Well, I haven't had an issue. So for those keeping score at home, that's 2 pro iPhone4. 1 anti-iPhone4. We're winning!

I like my Droid.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #208 on: June 24, 2010, 10:48:31 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 24, 2010, 10:41:56 AM

I don't need your facts.

I like my Droid.

It's the best sboxing Phone there is.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #209 on: June 24, 2010, 11:00:06 AM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on June 24, 2010, 10:48:31 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 24, 2010, 10:41:56 AM

I don't need your facts.

I like my Droid.

It's the best sboxing Phone there is.

I was expecting something else from you in this thread, at least.