News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Apple  ( 82,272 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Apple
« Reply #240 on: June 29, 2010, 11:36:07 PM »
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #241 on: June 30, 2010, 08:16:51 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 29, 2010, 04:55:02 PM
Verizon users have heard this before, but FWIW.  http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-06-29/verizon-wireless-said-to-start-offering-iphone-ending-at-t-s-exclusivity.html

So 2 random anonymous sources have said this is happening and it's considered a great source?
I thought before apple had stated their exclusivity agreement with ATT was through 2012?

This happens every time a new iphone comes out, i'm guessing, so that verizon can curb the rush of people buying these ATT phones?

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #242 on: June 30, 2010, 11:47:45 AM »
Quote from: BH on June 30, 2010, 08:16:51 AM
Verizon users have heard this before, but FWIW.  http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-06-29/verizon-wireless-said-to-start-offering-iphone-ending-at-t-s-exclusivity.html

So 2 random anonymous sources have said this is happening and it's considered a great source?
I thought before apple had stated their exclusivity agreement with ATT was through 2012?

This happens every time a new iphone comes out, i'm guessing, so that verizon can curb the rush of people buying these ATT phones?
I remember reading something about the 4G technology Verizon will be using is not compatible with the iphones. 

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #243 on: June 30, 2010, 11:55:03 AM »
Quote from: air2300 on June 30, 2010, 11:47:45 AM
Quote from: BH on June 30, 2010, 08:16:51 AM

I remember reading something about the 4G technology Verizon will be using is not compatible with the iphones. 

Allegedly, Apple is contracting with some Taiwanese firm to manufacture iPhones that work on CDMA networks.  However, as Thrill noted yesterday in the SBox, having two different mode iPhones doesn't seem like Apple's style.

This whole issue might be more along the lines of what BH noted.  Namely, it's just a way to stop the masses from heading over to ATT en masse.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #244 on: June 30, 2010, 12:39:34 PM »
Guy at work bought a new iphone. Took him over 9 hours to get it activated. Go ATT.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #245 on: June 30, 2010, 12:43:21 PM »
Quote from: BH on June 30, 2010, 12:39:34 PM
Guy at work bought a new iphone. Took him over 9 hours to get it activated. Go ATT.

A guy on this messageboard bought an iPhone. Took him 15 minutes to get it activated. Go AT&T

And that includes transfer of all the contacts.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #246 on: June 30, 2010, 12:44:11 PM »

A guy at your work has brain damage.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #247 on: June 30, 2010, 12:44:56 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on June 30, 2010, 12:43:21 PM

A guy on this messageboard bought an iPhone. Took him 15 minutes to get it activated. Go AT&T

And that includes transfer of all the contacts.

If you worked for a company cool enough to get a corporate discount, you wouldn't have. BathTubby.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #248 on: June 30, 2010, 01:06:44 PM »
NOTHING TO SEE HERE.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/mobile/06/30/leaked.apple.docs.mashable/index.html?eref=igoogle_cnn

QuoteAccording to documents leaked to Boy Genius Report today, AppleCare representatives are being given a strong company line to deliver to unhappy iPhone 4 owners who complain about reception issues.

Employees are told to say that the device's reception performance "is the best we have ever shipped" and that its critical antenna flaws are "a fact of life in the wireless world." They are told not to perform service on iPhones with these problems and instead to give customers a PR-driven recitative instead.

Despite this, Apple just recently posted positions for "antenna engineers."

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/30/apple-hiring-iphone-antenna-engineers-for-some-reason/

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #249 on: June 30, 2010, 09:50:19 PM »
Quote from: Eli on June 30, 2010, 01:06:44 PM
Despite this, Apple just recently posted positions for "antenna engineers."

Those guys all live in the hills. One might as well march up and down wearing a blank sandwich board in front of TDubbs' condo.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #250 on: July 01, 2010, 09:11:33 AM »
So I think I've officially decided to join Chad and get the WAR MACHINE HTC Evo phone. Sprint's plans are cheap, so that's the biggest plus.
And if it makes/receives calls it's better than what I have now with my iphone.

And the Hero isn't getting the droid 2.2 update, so they're phasing out that phone (which seems like a cool phone).
Battery life sucks, but I rarely go to places that don't have electricity anymore. And I think you can change a few things to help the crap
battery life.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #251 on: July 01, 2010, 09:15:54 AM »
Quote from: BH on July 01, 2010, 09:11:33 AM
So I think I've officially decided to join Chad and get the WAR MACHINE HTC Evo phone. Sprint's plans are cheap, so that's the biggest plus.

And the Hero isn't getting the droid 2.2 update, so they're phasing out that phone (which seems like a cool phone).
Battery life sucks, but I rarely go to places that don't have electricity anymore. And I think you can change a few things to help the crap
battery life.

AT&T didn't want your smug walrus ass

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #252 on: July 01, 2010, 09:36:40 AM »

battery life.

The biggest battery saver for me is to disable wifi and mobile internet when I'm at work and don't need phoneternets.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #253 on: July 01, 2010, 10:03:32 AM »
Quote from: R-V on July 01, 2010, 09:36:40 AM

battery life.

The biggest battery saver for me is to disable wifi and mobile internet when I'm at work and don't need phoneternets.

You ever try the hotspot/tethering ? I'm assuming it's slow.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #254 on: July 01, 2010, 10:37:32 AM »
Quote from: BH on July 01, 2010, 10:03:32 AM
Quote from: R-V on July 01, 2010, 09:36:40 AM

battery life.

You ever try the hotspot/tethering ? I'm assuming it's slow.

Nope. The only tethering I'm familiar with is Yeti chaining his nubile cavelakeleviathan to the radiator while he's at work.