News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Apple  ( 82,272 )

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Apple
« Reply #300 on: August 16, 2010, 04:06:52 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on August 16, 2010, 03:15:03 PM
Anyone have issues with WiFi? My connection seems to be intermittent. It will work for a second, and then drop, and then kick back up. I use the default settings (which is DHCP, I believe). I don't believe it's a problem with my network, as my computer and secksbox retains connections. I also had this same issue at the fair connecting to their free WiFi.

I previously had terrible problems with my internet connection, including the high-speed cable modem that I had from AT&T and Comcast respectively.  I purchased a new, top-end router and the internet is working better than ever.  While I don't know the cause of your issue, this might be something to consider.

I'm probably wrong though.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #301 on: August 16, 2010, 04:50:42 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 16, 2010, 04:06:52 PM
Anyone have issues with WiFi? My connection seems to be intermittent. It will work for a second, and then drop, and then kick back up. I use the default settings (which is DHCP, I believe). I don't believe it's a problem with my network, as my computer and secksbox retains connections. I also had this same issue at the fair connecting to their free WiFi.

I previously had terrible problems with my internet connection, including the high-speed cable modem that I had from AT&T and Comcast respectively.  I purchased a new, top-end router and the internet is working better than ever.  While I don't know the cause of your issue, this might be something to consider.

I suppose I could try that. I noticed that the range of my router doesn't reach all the way to the end of my backyard, so I contemplated getting one with a better range so I can have my phone (if the connection were to hold up) connected to a high-quality connection that far away.

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #302 on: August 16, 2010, 04:54:41 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on August 16, 2010, 04:50:42 PM

I suppose I could try that. I noticed that the range of my router doesn't reach all the way to the end of my backyard, so I contemplated getting one with a better range so I can have my phone (if the connection were to hold up) connected to a high-quality connection that far away.

This discussion intrigues me.  I have a lot of trouble with my wireless (linksys router/AT&T/speedstream modem) in that it drops for a second and then comes back.  It's extremely frustrating for Netflix on demand, as I have to restart the process.  Problem is, AT&T says its a router problem, and Linksys says its a DSL issue.  I'm wondering if it is time to get a new router and/or modem (the modem is almost six years old and the router is probably around four or five).

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #303 on: August 16, 2010, 04:57:17 PM »
Quote from: Indolent Reader on August 16, 2010, 04:54:41 PM

This discussion intrigues me.  I have a lot of trouble with my wireless (linksys router/AT&T/speedstream modem) in that it drops for a second and then comes back.  It's extremely frustrating for Netflix on demand, as I have to restart the process.  Problem is, AT&T says its a router problem, and Linksys says its a DSL issue.  I'm wondering if it is time to get a new router and/or modem (the modem is almost six years old and the router is probably around four or five).

Have you considered the fact that DSL sucks balls unless you live next door your ISP?
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #304 on: August 16, 2010, 05:01:10 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on August 16, 2010, 04:57:17 PM

Have you considered the fact that DSL sucks balls unless you live next door your ISP?

Pen uses that free-range organic internet.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #305 on: August 16, 2010, 05:03:50 PM »
Quote from: SKO on August 16, 2010, 05:01:10 PM

Pen uses that free-range organic internet.

No, Pen is a shill for the Cable company.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #306 on: August 16, 2010, 05:04:42 PM »

Replacing the equipment seems like a decent idea. How do you get the DSL connection? I am sure it won't be like this, but when I was at my parents house, we had wireless DSL where a tower piped it in to an antennae on top of the house. That created some of the issues when it got a little off track. However, my mom bought a new router after I moved out and hasn't had too many issues.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #307 on: August 16, 2010, 05:05:56 PM »

The whole ISP?

I know a few areas where DSL is the only thing some customers can get.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #308 on: August 16, 2010, 05:07:14 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 16, 2010, 05:05:56 PM

The whole ISP?

I think we've already discussed how much Peoria sucks in a different thread.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #309 on: August 16, 2010, 05:42:54 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on August 16, 2010, 05:07:14 PM

The whole ISP?

Ah, a good point, but Comcast in Peoria provides me with 12 mbps download and 6 mbps upload.

Quite lovely...

for pron.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #310 on: August 16, 2010, 06:33:33 PM »
If you're using the default settings, try changing the channel. You may have a neighbor who's using the same default channel and it's causing interference.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #311 on: August 16, 2010, 06:37:00 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 16, 2010, 05:42:54 PM
Quote from: PenPho on August 16, 2010, 05:07:14 PM

The whole ISP?

Ah, a good point, but Comcast in Peoria provides me with 12 mbps download and 6 mbps upload.

Quite lovely...

for pron.

No PowerboostTM from Comcast?

They trademarked the damn term, the least they could do is offer it to you.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #312 on: August 16, 2010, 08:53:18 PM »

You should get a mirror-writing tattoo that says "consumer grade" just above your natal cleft.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #313 on: August 17, 2010, 08:53:55 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on August 16, 2010, 08:53:18 PM

You should get a mirror-writing tattoo that says "consumer grade" just above your natal cleft.

Great. Now the term "natal cleft" is connected with PenFoe in my mind.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #314 on: August 26, 2010, 02:19:19 PM »
Netflix App is available at the App Store. You can watch your instant queue items...

Unless you got screwed with that 2GB cap shit.. Fucking AT&T /rant