News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Apple  ( 82,275 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Apple
« Reply #315 on: August 26, 2010, 03:18:18 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on August 26, 2010, 02:19:19 PM
Netflix App is available at the App Store. You can watch your instant queue items...

Unless you got screwed with that 2GB cap shit.. Fucking AT&T /rant

Watched about 15 minutes of the J Walter Weatherman Arrested Development episode. The quality of the video is damn good. HD-good.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #316 on: September 16, 2010, 06:12:43 PM »
I haven't been in this thread at all because I didn't have any cool Apple stuff. But TPex got me the IPodTouch for my birthday. I haven't fired it up or nothing. What's up with it? Is it good? Shitty? What? It has interweb tubes so I guess I can watch Pr0n it. That's gotta go in the plus column. Right?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #317 on: September 16, 2010, 06:55:02 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 16, 2010, 06:12:43 PM
I haven't been in this thread at all because I didn't have any cool Apple stuff. But TPex got me the IPodTouch for my birthday. I haven't fired it up or nothing. What's up with it? Is it good? Shitty? What? It has interweb tubes so I guess I can watch Pr0n it. That's gotta go in the plus column. Right?

Is it the new iPod touch? The one with both the rear and forward facing cameras?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #318 on: September 16, 2010, 07:05:28 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 16, 2010, 06:55:02 PM
The one with both the rear and forward facing cameras?

Finally, Jetsons shit.

"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #319 on: September 16, 2010, 10:49:09 PM »
I don't know. It's cool as dick. This ought to keep me busy for the next five years.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #320 on: September 16, 2010, 11:06:49 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 16, 2010, 10:49:09 PM
I don't know. It's cool as dick. This ought to keep me busy for the next five years.

The new iPod touch is essentially an iPhone without the phone. It's a great device and you should have fun with it.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #321 on: September 17, 2010, 07:26:00 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 16, 2010, 11:06:49 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 16, 2010, 10:49:09 PM

The new iPod touch is essentially an iPhone without the phone. It's a great device and you should have fun with it.

VALIDATED

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #322 on: September 17, 2010, 12:51:14 PM »
http://www.businessinsider.com/best-buy-ceo-ipad-is-cannibalizing-laptop-sales-2010-9

QuoteThe CEO of Best Buy just said the iPad is cannibalizing 50% of the company's laptop sales, the Wall Street Journal reports.

When consumers walk into Best Buy now, they don't look at or want laptops, instead they're drawn to the iPad.

"People are willing to disproportionately spend for these devices because they are becoming so important to their lives," says CEO Brian Dun.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #323 on: September 17, 2010, 05:16:55 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 17, 2010, 12:51:14 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/best-buy-ceo-ipad-is-cannibalizing-laptop-sales-2010-9

QuoteThe CEO of Best Buy just said the iPad is cannibalizing 50% of the company's laptop sales, the Wall Street Journal reports.

When consumers walk into Best Buy now, they don't look at or want laptops, instead they're drawn to the iPad.

"People are willing to disproportionately spend for these devices because they are becoming so important to their lives," says CEO Brian Dun.

I love it; it really is a phenomenal device. And the use of the built in keyboard is very functional. The only thing I haven't used this thing for is word processing, though I am sure that day will come.

::written on the iPad::

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #324 on: September 19, 2010, 03:00:31 PM »
Ok... so suppose I were considering purchasing an iPad.  Those of you that have them : is it worth ponying up the extra cash for 3G?
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #325 on: September 19, 2010, 03:07:23 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on September 19, 2010, 03:00:31 PM
Ok... so suppose I were considering purchasing an iPad.  Those of you that have them : is it worth ponying up the extra cash for 3G?

I vote no. But that's because most of the places I take it have wifi, so it'd be redundant. But if you are going to places that don't often have wifi coverage, I'd get it.  However, I'm surmising that you'd use it around the house, so I wouldn't think you'd need it.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #326 on: September 19, 2010, 05:09:40 PM »
On a related note, I just copped one of the new Kindles. For $50, you get free lifetime 3G access with a very rough browser. I don't carry a phone, so it's nice to be able to check my email, but forget about writing anything on it. It is a damn nice reader, though.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #327 on: September 19, 2010, 05:14:15 PM »
And the angry little white girl will be back in 2011. ?

http://newsroom.mtv.com/2010/09/17/fiona-apple-new-album-2011/
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #328 on: September 20, 2010, 02:54:59 PM »

Or you could consider the Samsung Galaxy Tab. Side-by-Side Comparison.

I'm somewhat prefer the smaller size. And I hear it will be compatible with all service providers

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #329 on: September 20, 2010, 03:31:08 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on September 20, 2010, 02:54:59 PM

Or you could consider the Samsung Galaxy Tab. Side-by-Side Comparison.

I'm somewhat prefer the smaller size. And I hear it will be compatible with all service providers

I bet you do.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.