News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Apple  ( 82,283 )

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Apple
« Reply #330 on: September 20, 2010, 03:52:09 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on September 20, 2010, 03:31:08 PM
Quote from: Yeti on September 20, 2010, 02:54:59 PM
Quote from: morpheus on September 19, 2010, 03:00:31 PM
Ok... so suppose I were considering purchasing an iPad.  Those of you that have them : is it worth ponying up the extra cash for 3G?

Or you could consider the Samsung Galaxy Tab. Side-by-Side Comparison.

I'm somewhat prefer the smaller size. And I hear it will be compatible with all service providers

I bet you do.

He does service TDubbs, so consider that.

I mean, Crabs ain't a common Huey.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #331 on: September 20, 2010, 03:54:40 PM »
I had the original shuffle. Still used it until recently. Bought the new shuffle, really cool device for $49.
The nano is even cooler, especially in person.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #332 on: September 20, 2010, 05:18:58 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on September 20, 2010, 02:54:59 PM
Quote from: morpheus on September 19, 2010, 03:00:31 PM
Ok... so suppose I were considering purchasing an iPad.  Those of you that have them : is it worth ponying up the extra cash for 3G?

Or you could consider the Samsung Galaxy Tab. Side-by-Side Comparison.

I'm somewhat prefer the smaller size. And I hear it will be compatible with all service providers

The Samsung's price here has not been announced yet, but there are hints that it may cost more than the iPad if you don't buy it with a contract from a particular carrier:

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Galaxy-Tab-Pricing-Froyo-Honeycomb,news-7937.html
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #333 on: October 06, 2010, 06:00:27 PM »
Again, this has been said time and time again, but this being in the WSJ might mean something: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703735804575536191649347572.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLETopStories
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #334 on: October 06, 2010, 06:53:48 PM »
I just got an Apple TV.  For some stupid reason, they expect me to keep my iTunes client open on another computer while it accesses my library on my NAS in the basement.  If I turn off the laptop with iTunes, I can't get into the NAS or my music and videos. 

Stupid?  Yes.  This also trumps the bullshit about being energy efficient...  So stupid.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #335 on: October 06, 2010, 07:05:37 PM »
Quote from: powen01 on October 06, 2010, 06:53:48 PM
I just got an Apple TV.  For some stupid reason, they expect me to keep my iTunes client open on another computer while it accesses my library on my NAS in the basement.  If I turn off the laptop with iTunes, I can't get into the NAS or my music and videos. 

Stupid?  Yes.  This also trumps the bullshit about being energy efficient...  So stupid.

Have the same problem, although since my iTunes and music are only on a lap top it's less of a big deal still thinking of attaching a cheap little computer to run iTunes. Also rumors that he next iOs update will let pads and phones beam content directly to the tv
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #336 on: October 06, 2010, 07:10:51 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on October 06, 2010, 07:05:37 PM

Have the same problem, although since my iTunes and music are only on a lap top it's less of a big deal still thinking of attaching a cheap little computer to run iTunes. Also rumors that he next iOs update will let pads and phones beam content directly to the tv

I've already "borrowed" a server from work to make this HAI.  I thought they would have had the airtunes bit working already... 

I'm waiting to get some apps for this thing...  mlbtv anyone?  You'll probably get that out of the box with the google tv.  Guh.

Oh yeah:  http://firecore.com/atvflash

Something to think about...

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #337 on: October 06, 2010, 08:18:04 PM »

It has no hard drive and is a streaming device.  What did you expect?

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if they fix that at some point so ATV can access the library without using iTunes.  Front Row on Mac OS X used to launch iTunes in the background when started, but then they updated the app so it can access content directly through the iTunes Library database file without launching iTunes.  Anyway, to sum up, they're working on it.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #338 on: October 07, 2010, 07:31:28 AM »
Quote from: Night Man on October 06, 2010, 08:18:04 PM

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if they fix that at some point so ATV can access the library without using iTunes.  Front Row on Mac OS X used to launch iTunes in the background when started, but then they updated the app so it can access content directly through the iTunes Library database file without launching iTunes.  Anyway, to sum up, they're working on it.

Incorrect.  8 GB's on board...  I really hope they fix it; this needless lack of functionality and impairment will easily push me towards a google tv.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #339 on: October 07, 2010, 08:33:37 AM »
Quote from: powen01 on October 07, 2010, 07:31:28 AM

Incorrect.  8 GB's on board...

For caching purposes only.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #340 on: October 07, 2010, 08:55:59 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 07, 2010, 08:33:37 AM

I want the one with the bigger jee beeeeees.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #341 on: October 07, 2010, 10:31:03 AM »
If Hulu gets on board with Google, Google TV might be worth a look. But not at $300. Apple TV seems like the best device at the moment.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #342 on: October 07, 2010, 10:38:51 AM »
Quote from: BH on October 07, 2010, 10:31:03 AMIf Hulu gets on board with Google, Google TV might be worth a look. But not at $300. Apple TV seems like the best device at the moment.

How about regular TV through a cable? Seems to work OK for me.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #343 on: October 07, 2010, 10:51:44 AM »
Quote from: R-V on October 07, 2010, 10:38:51 AM
Quote from: BH on October 07, 2010, 10:31:03 AMIf Hulu gets on board with Google, Google TV might be worth a look. But not at $300. Apple TV seems like the best device at the moment.

How about regular TV through a cable? Seems to work OK for me.

Don't rip these nerds. I think this shit is interesting. My main thing would be Hulu. Watching that easily on my TV would be nice. Having a TV with that is nice. However, I hear Xbox 360 is picking up Hulu on their yearly fall update, and that will be awesome.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #344 on: October 07, 2010, 10:55:08 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 07, 2010, 08:33:37 AM

Do you really need all 8 GB's for caching?  Seems as if the capacity could be used for more than caching...  I don't think other devices use that much for caching, do they?