News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Apple  ( 82,273 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Apple
« Reply #361 on: November 22, 2010, 04:42:19 PM »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2010/nov/21/ipad-newspaper-steve-jobs-rupert-murdoch

QuoteRupert Murdoch, head of the media giant News Corp, and Steve Jobs, the chief executive of Apple, are preparing to unveil a new digital "newspaper" called the Daily at the end of this month, according to reports in the US media.

The collaboration, which has been secretly under development in New York for several months, promises to be the world's first "newspaper" designed exclusively for new tablet-style computers such as Apple's iPad, with a launch planned for early next year.

Murdoch believes the iPad is going to be a "game changer" and he has seen projections that there will be 40 million iPads in circulation by the end of 2011. A source said: "He envisions a world in which every family has a iPad in the home and it becomes the device from which they get their news and information. If only 5% of those 40 million subscribe to the Daily, that's already two million customers."

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #362 on: November 22, 2010, 04:48:49 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 22, 2010, 04:42:19 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2010/nov/21/ipad-newspaper-steve-jobs-rupert-murdoch

QuoteRupert Murdoch, head of the media giant News Corp, and Steve Jobs, the chief executive of Apple, are preparing to unveil a new digital "newspaper" called the Daily at the end of this month, according to reports in the US media.

The collaboration, which has been secretly under development in New York for several months, promises to be the world's first "newspaper" designed exclusively for new tablet-style computers such as Apple's iPad, with a launch planned for early next year.

Murdoch believes the iPad is going to be a "game changer" and he has seen projections that there will be 40 million iPads in circulation by the end of 2011. A source said: "He envisions a world in which every family has a iPad in the home and it becomes the device from which they get their news and information. If only 5% of those 40 million subscribe to the Daily, that's already two million customers."

It's an EV3NT of epic proportions.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #363 on: November 22, 2010, 05:21:27 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on November 22, 2010, 04:48:49 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 22, 2010, 04:42:19 PM

It's an EV3NT of epic proportions.

Fuck.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #364 on: November 22, 2010, 10:04:53 PM »

(slaps Gil)
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #365 on: January 08, 2011, 10:52:44 AM »

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #366 on: January 08, 2011, 07:05:00 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 08, 2011, 10:52:44 AM

Verizon saves all their images with Paintbrush '95.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

RedBeard

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #367 on: January 09, 2011, 01:40:43 PM »
Quote from: Night Man on January 08, 2011, 07:05:00 PM

You broke the rules, Thrill, you posted this invite. THE RULES!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #368 on: January 09, 2011, 02:46:03 PM »
Quote from: RedBeard on January 09, 2011, 01:40:43 PM
Quote from: Night Man on January 08, 2011, 07:05:00 PM

You broke the rules, Thrill, you posted this invite. THE RULES!

I expect some hired goons from Weber Shandwick to be knocking on my door post haste.

In related news...

http://gizmodo.com/5727934/the-verizon-iphone-will-be-announced-on-january-11

QuoteHere's what's key: We're great friends with Verizon. (Hi guys!) We've worked with them for years, and we've been to like every event they've had over the last three years. We haven't gotten an invite. Which is weird. And Jim Dalrymple, who received an invite, only writes about Apple and doesn't cover Verizon directly. We've reached out to Verizon to see why, exactly, we weren't invited, but we've gotten no comment yet. (Update: Verizon's official response is a big ol' no comment.)

The only reason we can think of is that it's an Apple event, and Steve doesn't want us there. You know the story.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #369 on: January 11, 2011, 07:25:22 PM »
So who's getting the VZW iPhone?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #370 on: January 11, 2011, 11:33:46 PM »
Quote from: Night Man on January 11, 2011, 07:25:22 PM

MsHawk is likely to, her 3G is giving up the ghost and her contract has been up for a while now.  As she doesnt mind AT+T, we may wait to see what they offer up.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #371 on: January 12, 2011, 03:00:32 AM »

I like my Droid too much.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #372 on: January 12, 2011, 07:33:13 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 12, 2011, 03:00:32 AM

I like my Droid too much. It's not a game changer.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #373 on: January 27, 2011, 11:06:43 AM »
Two things... 

1.  Is apple going to drop a white iphone 4 on the market or what?  Mofo's better hurry up.

2.  MLBtv on Apple TV 2nd Gen...  I'm going to be able to airplay it to my big screen from my phone app, aren't I?  This could, potentially, rock my panties.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #374 on: January 27, 2011, 12:16:32 PM »
Quote from: powen01 on January 27, 2011, 11:06:43 AM
1.  Is apple going to drop a white iphone 4 on the market or what?  Mofo's better hurry up.

Back in October they said Spring 2011...

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE69P59W20101026

But at this point what's the point?