News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Mark Prior - Someone else's problem  ( 59,536 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Mark Prior - Someone else's problem
« Reply #195 on: December 17, 2010, 11:36:26 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on December 17, 2010, 11:00:16 AM
Quote from: Slaky on December 15, 2010, 03:18:09 PM
Quote from: smg on December 15, 2010, 03:15:39 PM
Quote from: Brownie on December 15, 2010, 03:13:12 PM
Quote from: smg on December 15, 2010, 03:08:30 PM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on December 15, 2010, 12:18:47 PM

LEAVE SMG ALONE

Not that I remotely took offense to the original comment (and actually amended my post once I saw the other thread), but you would be amazed at how few people are taking it even slightly easy on me, even when said people know I am having a baby in 6 days and 20 hours.  Apparently, it really is impossible get a break.

You think it's tough now? Wait until you have a screaming baby who doesn't know of an unreasonable request at 2:45 AM.

Good luck on the baby, in all seriousness!

Thanks!  I guess I was just expecting slightly more evolved behavior from family, colleagues and mortgage brokers than from an infant.  Although now that I put it that way, I'm seeing that my expectations were probably just too high.

They are. My wife's home and her mother can barely be bothered to help out what with Christmas decorations and trying to update her blog. Fucking shameful behavior. People are the worst. Hope your baby is healthy and well-behaved.

Your internet friends will always betray you, SMG, but they are easily appeased by pictures of hot girls.

Tdubbs, you wanna take this one?

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #196 on: December 17, 2010, 11:44:15 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 17, 2010, 11:36:26 AM
Quote from: Canadouche on December 17, 2010, 11:00:16 AM
Quote from: Slaky on December 15, 2010, 03:18:09 PM
Quote from: smg on December 15, 2010, 03:15:39 PM
Quote from: Brownie on December 15, 2010, 03:13:12 PM
Quote from: smg on December 15, 2010, 03:08:30 PM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on December 15, 2010, 12:18:47 PM

LEAVE SMG ALONE

Not that I remotely took offense to the original comment (and actually amended my post once I saw the other thread), but you would be amazed at how few people are taking it even slightly easy on me, even when said people know I am having a baby in 6 days and 20 hours.  Apparently, it really is impossible get a break.

You think it's tough now? Wait until you have a screaming baby who doesn't know of an unreasonable request at 2:45 AM.

Good luck on the baby, in all seriousness!

Thanks!  I guess I was just expecting slightly more evolved behavior from family, colleagues and mortgage brokers than from an infant.  Although now that I put it that way, I'm seeing that my expectations were probably just too high.

They are. My wife's home and her mother can barely be bothered to help out what with Christmas decorations and trying to update her blog. Fucking shameful behavior. People are the worst. Hope your baby is healthy and well-behaved.

Your internet friends will always betray you, SMG, but they are easily appeased by pictures of hot girls.

Tdubbs, you wanna take this one?

Cox-blocked.

M'lady.

Joe

• Hank White Fan Club

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #199 on: March 29, 2011, 08:47:22 AM »
Today's Tribune said Prior would probably head north with the Yankees.

Today comes news that reports quite the contrary.

Class A? Yeesh.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #200 on: March 29, 2011, 09:31:24 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on March 29, 2011, 08:47:22 AM

Class A? Yeesh.

Love the comments. Welcome to the Mark Prior Experience.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #201 on: March 29, 2011, 09:36:00 AM »

Class A? Yeesh.

As one of the commentors posted, the Yanks' A team plays in Tampa. That's where the team's front office is located, for some reason I've never cared enough to understand. They want to keep a close eye on their prized prospect. It looks like he put up decent numbers this spring. I hope he can start throwing back-to-back days and stuff and become a useful reliever for the Yankees. (HGH is a helluva drug.)

I'm done being butthurt about whatever happened with him here. He was one of my favorite players of all time for awhile. I remember taking a day off work and driving up to watch him pitch against the Rangers his rookie year. Jeff Fassero took the L in extra innings after throwing a pitch to the screen with the bases jammed. That fuck. I'm still butthurt about that.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #202 on: March 29, 2011, 10:22:23 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 29, 2011, 09:36:00 AM

Class A? Yeesh.

As one of the commentors posted, the Yanks' A team plays in Tampa. That's where the team's front office is located, for some reason I've never cared enough to understand. They want to keep a close eye on their prized prospect. It looks like he put up decent numbers this spring. I hope he can start throwing back-to-back days and stuff and become a useful reliever for the Yankees. (HGH is a helluva drug.)

I'm done being butthurt about whatever happened with him here. He was one of my favorite players of all time for awhile. I remember taking a day off work and driving up to watch him pitch against the Rangers his rookie year. Jeff Fassero took the L in extra innings after throwing a pitch to the screen with the bases jammed. That fuck. I'm still butthurt about that.

I'm just glad you're finally compartmentalizing and prioritizing your butthurtness.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #203 on: March 29, 2011, 10:23:29 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on March 29, 2011, 10:22:23 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 29, 2011, 09:36:00 AM

Class A? Yeesh.

I'm just glad you're finally compartmentalizing and prioritizing your butthurtness.

That's what I pay my shrink for.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #204 on: May 31, 2011, 01:10:46 PM »

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #205 on: May 31, 2011, 01:13:12 PM »
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #206 on: May 31, 2011, 01:17:18 PM »
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #207 on: July 25, 2011, 04:22:13 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on May 31, 2011, 01:13:12 PM
Quote from: Brownie on May 31, 2011, 01:10:46 PM
Our hero's groin is still sore.

Will he make it to the Big Leagues before the fifth anniversary of the last time he stepped on a Major League mound?

Fittingly, the Cubs lost to Doug Davis that day.

We're 16 days from the 5-year anniversary of Mark Prior's last appearance on a Major League mound. Since then, he's been with three other big league organizations and one Independent minor league outfit (for whom he pitched 11 of his 18 post-Dusty Baker professional innings).

Since I last checked in, Prior finally got out to a minor league mound for actual game action last week.

The feeling here is that he won't see Yankee Stadium this year and will be released. And Jim Hendry will be extended, per Gordo's request, so... meet your new fifth starter!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #208 on: July 25, 2011, 04:32:18 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 25, 2011, 04:22:13 PM

Will he make it to the Big Leagues before the fifth anniversary of the last time he stepped on a Major League mound?

We're 16 days from the 5-year anniversary of Mark Prior's last appearance on a Major League mound. Since then, he's been with three other big league organizations and one Independent minor league outfit (for whom he pitched 11 of his 18 post-Dusty Baker professional innings).

Since I last checked in, Prior finally got out to a minor league mound for actual game action last week.

The feeling here is that he won't see Yankee Stadium this year and will be released. And Jim Hendry will be extended, per Gordo's request, so... meet your new fifth starter!

I know you're joking but in all seriousness wouldn't you think that Mark Prior hates the Cubs with his entire body and would rather die than pitch for them again?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #209 on: July 25, 2011, 06:51:54 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 25, 2011, 04:32:18 PM
Quote from: Brownie on July 25, 2011, 04:22:13 PM

I know you're joking but in all seriousness wouldn't you think that Mark Prior hates the Cubs with his entire body and would rather die than pitch for them again?

Leo Bloom: You think he'll direct our show?

Max Bialystock: Only if we ask him.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16