News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Mark Prior - Someone else's problem  ( 59,552 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Mark Prior - Someone else's problem
« Reply #225 on: June 18, 2012, 09:17:38 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 18, 2012, 08:33:13 AM
Quote from: Eli on June 18, 2012, 08:28:13 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 17, 2012, 11:50:31 PM
Holy shit.

Mark Prior has dominated with the Boston Red Sox's Triple-A affiliate in Pawtucket, striking out 15 of the first 19 batters he has faced. And he could already be nearing a big-league call-up from the Red Sox.

Good for him. I hope he gets called up and is lights out.

Same here. And now that Hendry's gone maybe Hoystink will right that wrong.

Dempster and Soriano for Prior and rights to have Bill Buckner occasionally limp out onto the field pregame to an adoring fan base ready to move on from the collapse of 1977.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #226 on: June 18, 2012, 09:24:28 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on June 18, 2012, 09:17:38 AM
Holy shit.

Mark Prior has dominated with the Boston Red Sox's Triple-A affiliate in Pawtucket, striking out 15 of the first 19 batters he has faced. And he could already be nearing a big-league call-up from the Red Sox.

Dempster and Soriano for Prior and rights to have Bill Buckner occasionally limp out onto the field pregame to an adoring fan base ready to move on from the collapse of 1977.

Mend our broken hearts, HOYSTINK!!!!
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #227 on: June 18, 2012, 10:09:08 AM »
Quote from: Eli on June 18, 2012, 08:52:48 AM
Holy shit.

And I think the fact that he's been bouncing around the minors for six years and battling injuries is pretty amazing for a sissy who supposedly never really cared about baseball.

I could never really work up my meatball to hate Prior. I certainly tried. Everything about him just makes me sad instead.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #228 on: June 18, 2012, 10:39:26 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 18, 2012, 10:09:08 AM
Holy shit.

And I think the fact that he's been bouncing around the minors for six years and battling injuries is pretty amazing for a sissy who supposedly never really cared about baseball.

I could never really work up my meatball to hate Prior. I certainly tried. Everything about him just makes me sad instead.

I don't hate him but I hate the idea of him. He was supposed to be the anchor of like two or three World Series winning staffs. At one point I'll be damned if I didn't believe that was going to happen.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #229 on: June 18, 2012, 11:39:39 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 18, 2012, 10:39:26 AM
I don't hate him but I hate the idea of him. He was supposed to be the anchor of like two or three World Series winning staffs. At one point I'll be damned if I didn't believe that was going to happen.

It was probably right in here sometime, wasn't it?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #230 on: June 18, 2012, 12:00:56 PM »
Quote from: Eli on June 18, 2012, 11:39:39 AM

That Mets game on my birthday was beyond titsteak.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #231 on: June 18, 2012, 07:44:20 PM »

Pitch counts: 79, 116, 118, 100, 116, 131, 129, 109, 124, 131, 133. Followed by 133, 116 and 119 in the playoffs.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #232 on: June 18, 2012, 09:02:51 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on June 18, 2012, 07:44:20 PM

Pitch counts: 79, 116, 118, 100, 116, 131, 129, 109, 124, 131, 133. Followed by 133, 116 and 119 in the playoffs.

Before I forget, Dusty Baker can die in a fucking fire.

"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #233 on: June 18, 2012, 10:35:20 PM »
Holy shit.

THI. I enjoyed Kerm's fake story about the fake Hendry blogger luncheon where Hendry insinuated that Prior was a pussy just as much as the next loser in these dark corners, but if one wants to think that actions speak louder than words, then he's shown a lot. Cy Prior 2013? I think so.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #234 on: June 18, 2012, 11:27:45 PM »
Quote from: Tollbooth Yeti on June 18, 2012, 10:35:20 PM
I enjoyed Kerm's fake story about the fake Hendry blogger luncheon where Hendry insinuated that Prior was a pussy just as much as the next loser in these dark corners...

You must have read a different fake story than I did, because I don't recall such an insinuation at all.

All I remember is the claim that Hendry made Prior an remarkably fair offer for a guy whose shoulder was shredded and that Prior scoffed at it.

Entitled dick maybe. But not a "pussy".
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #235 on: June 18, 2012, 11:33:10 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 18, 2012, 11:27:45 PM
I enjoyed Kerm's fake story about the fake Hendry blogger luncheon where Hendry insinuated that Prior was a pussy just as much as the next loser in these dark corners...

You must have read a different fake story than I did, because I don't recall such an insinuation at all.

All I remember is the claim that Hendry made Prior an remarkably fair offer for a guy whose shoulder was shredded and that Prior scoffed at it.

To wit...

http://hirejimessian.com/2008/01/18/i-wish-i-could-say-its-a-pleasure-to-meet-you/

QuoteThe most memorable answer was to a question which apparently came from Chris Crocker. Some whiny bitch asked about Mark Prior. I can't confirm or disconfirm whether or not the question-asker actually cried, but he was pretty choked up as he asked Hendry why he did not re-sign Prior. As you know, I was one of the people disappointed that Hendry didn't take a(nother) risk with Prior.

Jim responded with a bitter note in his voice. He made Prior an incredibly fair offer. I say again. He made Prior an INCREDIBLY fair offer. Jim offered him a $1.5M contract for 2008 with the possibility of $5M in incentives. After "paying him $7M to sit in a tub for two years" (Jim's words; not mine), Jim wanted Prior to give the team an option year for 2009, because the medical staff said that pitchers VERY rarely come back and pitch effectively the year after the type of surgery Prior had. I think Jim said the base salary for that year would be around $3.5M with incentives of up to $7M. In Jim's words, Prior didn't think he should have to take a pay cut, nor did he thank Jim or the Cubs for the years and the money they poured into him. As Jim pointed out, Prior eventually DID take a pay cut, as he had to sign for only $1M with the Padres with no option year. I'm converted. Prior is the prima donna bitch that you've all been saying he is. I was wrong, and I should have known better than to root for anyone who attended USC. Jim said if Prior still wanted to be a Cub, he'd be a Cub. So, fuck him.

Jim said that there was one thing he thinks hurt Prior more than anything. He said after the collision with Marcus Giles, they took Prior for all kinds of MRIs and sent him to the best doctors in the world. However, where Prior's injury was was undetectable to any MRI. He didn't mention what a colossal fucking idiot Dusty Baker was for sending Prior to the mound the inning after the injury.

Then, Jim talked about Kerry Wood, saying he wished that Prior was more like Wood. I thought Jim was going to cry. He basically confirmed what we all know: Wood is a fucking badass. Jim said that Kerry came to him and said, "Pay me what is fair." Jim said if he had a team of guys like Wood, he'd be thrilled. He also pointed out that Wood's badassery might work to his disadvantage. In Jim's estimation, Wood has pitched in agonizing pain at least thirty times in his career. Your Kerry Wood love is justified.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #236 on: June 18, 2012, 11:39:11 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 18, 2012, 11:33:10 PM

To wit...

http://hirejimessian.com/2008/01/18/i-wish-i-could-say-its-a-pleasure-to-meet-you/

QuoteThe most memorable answer was to a question which apparently came from Chris Crocker. Some whiny bitch asked about Mark Prior. I can't confirm or disconfirm whether or not the question-asker actually cried, but he was pretty choked up as he asked Hendry why he did not re-sign Prior. As you know, I was one of the people disappointed that Hendry didn't take a(nother) risk with Prior.

Jim responded with a bitter note in his voice. He made Prior an incredibly fair offer. I say again. He made Prior an INCREDIBLY fair offer. Jim offered him a $1.5M contract for 2008 with the possibility of $5M in incentives. After "paying him $7M to sit in a tub for two years" (Jim's words; not mine), Jim wanted Prior to give the team an option year for 2009, because the medical staff said that pitchers VERY rarely come back and pitch effectively the year after the type of surgery Prior had. I think Jim said the base salary for that year would be around $3.5M with incentives of up to $7M. In Jim's words, Prior didn't think he should have to take a pay cut, nor did he thank Jim or the Cubs for the years and the money they poured into him. As Jim pointed out, Prior eventually DID take a pay cut, as he had to sign for only $1M with the Padres with no option year. I'm converted. Prior is the prima donna bitch that you've all been saying he is. I was wrong, and I should have known better than to root for anyone who attended USC. Jim said if Prior still wanted to be a Cub, he'd be a Cub. So, fuck him.

Jim said that there was one thing he thinks hurt Prior more than anything. He said after the collision with Marcus Giles, they took Prior for all kinds of MRIs and sent him to the best doctors in the world. However, where Prior's injury was was undetectable to any MRI. He didn't mention what a colossal fucking idiot Dusty Baker was for sending Prior to the mound the inning after the injury.

Then, Jim talked about Kerry Wood, saying he wished that Prior was more like Wood. I thought Jim was going to cry. He basically confirmed what we all know: Wood is a fucking badass. Jim said that Kerry came to him and said, "Pay me what is fair." Jim said if he had a team of guys like Wood, he'd be thrilled. He also pointed out that Wood's badassery might work to his disadvantage. In Jim's estimation, Wood has pitched in agonizing pain at least thirty times in his career. Your Kerry Wood love is justified.

Don't you disprove my recollection of a 4 year old article with a presentation of the facts!

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #237 on: June 19, 2012, 08:19:39 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 18, 2012, 11:33:10 PM

To wit...

I still like Mark Prior better than Jim Hendry.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #238 on: August 18, 2012, 07:23:05 AM »
Well, that didn't work: http://espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=bostonred-sox&id=21980&city=boston

Right that wrong, Theo! Actually, do it, because I'm going to go on a limb and say he will be better than Chris Volstad

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club