News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Phil Rogers Curse?  ( 29,964 )

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The Phil Rogers Curse?
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2008, 11:02:50 AM »
Quote from: BH on May 28, 2008, 10:48:42 AM
Quote from: RV on May 28, 2008, 10:39:35 AM
Phil is still dumb. He's added the 5 bats ranking system to his collection of ranking systems. The Cubs get 4 bats for this collection of bums that he calls organizational depth.

QuoteOther intriguing names who could make contributions if needs arise: left-handers Neal Cotts, Randy Keisler, J.R. Mathes and Donald Veal; outfielders Andres Torres and Micah Hoffpauir (currently replacing Daryle Ward on the Cubs' bench); catcher Koyie Hill; and utility man Bobby Scales.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cs-080527-chicago-white-sox-cubs-world-series,1,2529501,print.column

Who the phuck is bobby scales?

He's 4 times better than Bobby Tutone.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2008, 11:14:20 AM »
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on May 28, 2008, 11:02:50 AM
Phil is still dumb. He's added the 5 bats ranking system to his collection of ranking systems. The Cubs get 4 bats for this collection of bums that he calls organizational depth.

QuoteOther intriguing names who could make contributions if needs arise: left-handers Neal Cotts, Randy Keisler, J.R. Mathes and Donald Veal; outfielders Andres Torres and Micah Hoffpauir (currently replacing Daryle Ward on the Cubs' bench); catcher Koyie Hill; and utility man Bobby Scales.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cs-080527-chicago-white-sox-cubs-world-series,1,2529501,print.column

Who the phuck is bobby scales?

He's 4 times better than Bobby Tutone.

He's a co-founder of the Black Panther Party.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2008, 12:33:50 PM »
Quote from: Thrillho on May 28, 2008, 11:00:29 AM

QuoteOther intriguing names who could make contributions if needs arise: left-handers Neal Cotts, Randy Keisler, J.R. Mathes and Donald Veal; outfielders Andres Torres and Micah Hoffpauir (currently replacing Daryle Ward on the Cubs' bench); catcher Koyie Hill; and utility man BOBBY SCALES!!!.

Who the phuck is BOBBY SCALES!!!?

Ask Fork'd  PenFoe'd.

'smatter u, Thrill?
FIRE EVERYBODY!

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2008, 01:29:16 PM »
Bobby Scales?  THE Bobby Scales.  The kid is aces.  He's only been released by three organizations.  He's a 30 year old utility man at Iowa hitting under .260 with a .335 on base average.  There's talk that the Cubs might trade him straight up to the Diamondbacks for Brandon Webb and Dan Haren, but that the Cubs are holding out for more.

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2008, 01:52:03 PM »
Quote from: Andy on May 28, 2008, 01:29:16 PM
Bobby Scales?  THE Bobby Scales.  The kid is aces.  He's only been released by three organizations.  He's a 30 year old utility man at Iowa hitting under .260 with a .335 on base average.  There's talk that the Cubs might trade him straight up to the Diamondbacks for Brandon Webb and Dan Haren, but that the Cubs are holding out for more.

The Dbacks insistence in the Cubs including Sam Fuld in the deal was the death blow.....
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2008, 02:08:44 PM »
Quote from: Mike D on May 28, 2008, 12:33:50 PM

QuoteOther intriguing names who could make contributions if needs arise: left-handers Neal Cotts, Randy Keisler, J.R. Mathes and Donald Veal; outfielders Andres Torres and Micah Hoffpauir (currently replacing Daryle Ward on the Cubs' bench); catcher Koyie Hill; and utility man BOBBY SCALES!!!.

Ask Fork'd  PenFoe'd.

'smatter u, Thrill?

Eh... Both have faux-splooged over BOBBY SCALES.

Fork struck me as 'more Desipio', though.
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2008, 02:14:27 PM »
Quote from: Thrillho on May 28, 2008, 02:08:44 PM

Ask Fork'd  PenFoe'd.

'smatter u, Thrill?

PenFoe is the rightful owner of BOBBY SCALES, and he is registered here.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2008, 02:18:35 PM »
Quote from: Thrillho on May 28, 2008, 02:08:44 PM

Ask Fork'd  PenFoe'd.

'smatter u, Thrill?

I don't know whether to be insulted or flattered by that.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2008, 05:51:12 PM »

Koyie Hill is still in the organization?  Really?

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2008, 08:46:50 AM »
Quote from: Shit for BrainsA.J. Pierzynski should be lecturing at the University of Chicago.

His reading of Jason Marquis' oh-so-slight move toward second base Saturday, combined with the chutzpah that allowed him to run 75 feet to tag Marquis, sprang from the same well of baseball genius/mischievousness as his split-second decision to dash to first when the Angels' Josh Paul rolled the ball to the pitcher's mound after strike three in the 2005 ALCS. He might be the least replaceable player on either side of town.

Wait a second Phil, did you just say that AJ Asschart is the least replaceable player on either side of town? Not Aramis Ramirez? Not Carlos Zambrano? Not the rest of the list of players who are better at baseball? Seriously?

Quote from: Shit for BrainsSeriously.

Oh. So I guess you are dumber than Bill Melton.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-080622-eric-patterson-chicago-cubs-rogers,1,7652600,print.column

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2008, 08:55:12 AM »
Quote from: Shit for BrainsA.J. Pierzynski should be lecturing at the University of Chicago.

His reading of Jason Marquis' oh-so-slight move toward second base Saturday, combined with the chutzpah that allowed him to run 75 feet to tag Marquis, sprang from the same well of baseball genius/mischievousness as his split-second decision to dash to first when the Angels' Josh Paul rolled the ball to the pitcher's mound after strike three in the 2005 ALCS. He might be the least replaceable player on either side of town.

It appeared that at least three people in the Sox dugout were pointing out that Marquis had turned toward second base. Giving Pierzynski all of the credit is silly.

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2008, 09:01:55 AM »

They are grasping at any positive straw they can right now and if all they have is AJ being a player they can't replace, let 'em have it.  It's not like Jermaine Dye is hitting the ball again....oh wait.  I mean we all know that no one can run on AJ and his wrestling belt....oh wait.

Cade

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2008, 09:30:20 AM »
Quote from: RV on June 23, 2008, 08:46:50 AM
Oh. So I guess you are dumber than Bill Melton.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-080622-eric-patterson-chicago-cubs-rogers,1,7652600,print.column

QuoteCubs fans have long memories.

Of course they boo Pierzynski. It's only been two years since he brawled with Michael Barrett. But about an hour before Sunday night's game, a fan in the upper deck was heckling ESPN's Joe Morgan and waving a sign that read, "Ryno was better than you, Joe."

Awesome.

Now if only there was a way for Andy to call him out on national TV about the Banks Blvd. bullshit. 

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2008, 09:32:05 AM »
Unfortunately I was at the lake this weekend and didn't get to see any of this weekend's goodness. If It's not to late I'd just like to say:

Suck It, Ozzie.

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2008, 09:34:32 AM »
Quote from: Poon on June 23, 2008, 09:01:55 AM

They are grasping at any positive straw they can right now and if all they have is AJ being a player they can't replace, let 'em have it.  It's not like Jermaine Dye is hitting the ball again....oh wait.  I mean we all know that no one can run on AJ and his wrestling belt....oh wait.

Joe Morgan said repeatedly that Jermaine Dye is a strong bet for MVP of the AL.

Somewhere in Arlington, Josh Hamilton ties off and laughs.