News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Ricketts Family Annoyance Thread  ( 144,704 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Ricketts Family Annoyance Thread
« Reply #105 on: November 12, 2010, 08:12:39 AM »
I agree that they need to put a team on the field that is worth a shit, but at the same time, I appreciate them realizing that the place is mainly a dump and would be improved with some major overhaul (not nickel and dime stuff each year). I'm all for an idea to tear the bitch down and move it somewhere else, but that's not going to happen so if you're stuck with the place, then improve it. Now, transferring the costs to the people going to the game? That's a separate debate, but at least Tommy realizes his park sucks.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #106 on: November 12, 2010, 08:17:10 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on November 12, 2010, 08:12:39 AM
I agree that they need to put a team on the field that is worth a shit, but at the same time, I appreciate them realizing that the place is mainly a dump and would be improved with some major overhaul (not nickel and dime stuff each year). I'm all for an idea to tear the bitch down and move it somewhere else, but that's not going to happen so if you're stuck with the place, then improve it. Now, transferring the costs to the people going to the game? That's a separate debate, but at least Tommy realizes his park sucks.

I'm pretty sure the Trib realized it, too, when teh concrete started falling onto people's heads.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #107 on: November 12, 2010, 08:50:41 AM »

Hey look, my place is a dump too. How about you give me your money and I fix it up. And I'll even invite you over to play cards or watch a ball game or something. As long as you bring some beer and some type of food.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #108 on: November 12, 2010, 09:00:42 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on November 12, 2010, 08:50:41 AM

Hey look, my place is a dump too. How about you give me your money and I fix it up. And I'll even invite you over to play cards or watch a ball game or something. As long as you bring some beer and some type of food.

No matter how much money Yeti gives me, it's still Yeti who's coming over.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #109 on: November 12, 2010, 09:08:51 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on November 12, 2010, 09:00:42 AM

I'll bring the grass

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #110 on: November 12, 2010, 09:32:10 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on November 12, 2010, 09:08:51 AM

I'll bring the grass

If TJ's analogy holds, you're probably bringing the hayseed and, possibly, the bologna sandwiches.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #111 on: November 12, 2010, 09:55:37 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on November 12, 2010, 09:32:10 AM

I'll bring the grass

If TJ's analogy holds, you're probably bringing the hayseed and, possibly, the bologna sandwiches.

Literally grass, dude.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #112 on: November 12, 2010, 09:58:45 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 12, 2010, 09:55:37 AM
Quote from: Oleg on November 12, 2010, 09:32:10 AM

I'll bring the grass

Literally grass, dude.

That's even more disappointing.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2010, 10:19:27 AM »

Your place doesn't drive the economy of a neighborhood.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #114 on: November 12, 2010, 10:31:47 AM »
Quote from: Fork on November 12, 2010, 10:19:27 AM

You don't know that.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #115 on: November 12, 2010, 10:45:43 AM »
Quote from: Fork on November 12, 2010, 10:19:27 AM

But because my place doesn't drive the economy of a neighborhood, I also do not enjoy the economic benefits of driving the economy. And I defy you to suggest that a mere 10th (or even 1 percent) of what the Ricketts are asking for given to me wouldn't drive the Northfield and Northbrook economies.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #116 on: November 12, 2010, 11:02:29 AM »
There's some empty land in the Glen.  Build Wrigley II there and maybe the rest of the shops in the strip center here will get leased.  Tax revenues will increase!

But, then the restaurants and shops in Lakeview will see their revenue drop.  And their taxes as well.  So, it nets out?  Shit.

Fucking zero sum games!

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #117 on: November 12, 2010, 11:13:05 AM »
You guys talking about moving the Cubs to the suburbs should be shot in the face with a ball of your own shit. Even if you're joking, I don't care.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #118 on: November 12, 2010, 11:14:23 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 12, 2010, 11:13:05 AM
You guys talking about moving the Cubs to the suburbs should be shot in the face with a ball of your own shit. Even if you're joking, I don't care.

I don't care where they move. They just better not go or stay anywhere on my dime.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #119 on: November 12, 2010, 11:16:09 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on November 12, 2010, 11:14:23 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 12, 2010, 11:13:05 AM

I don't care where they move. They just better not go or stay anywhere on my dime.

Or what?