News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Ricketts Family Annoyance Thread  ( 144,707 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Ricketts Family Annoyance Thread
« Reply #135 on: November 12, 2010, 01:51:18 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on November 12, 2010, 01:44:39 PM
How bad can this plan be? Phil Rogers supports it!

Warning: Rock-solid analysis ahead:

QuoteI also am one of those guys who believes cities should invest in ballparks, and not a guy who begrudges teams' owners a shot at tax money because they are, in theory, billionaires who could afford to do it themselves. I spend a lot of time in American cities and ballparks, and the cities I most enjoy are the ones where ballparks have brought a vitality to downtown. I've never done my own economic study but I believe that ballparks/arenas built the right way, and in the right places, either pay for themselves or so enrich a town that they are worth an investment.

Also, "I spend a lot of time in American cities" is the blandest declaration I've ever read.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: November 12, 2010, 01:54:46 PM »
Quote from: Eli on November 12, 2010, 01:51:18 PM

QuoteI also am one of those guys who believes cities should invest in ballparks, and not a guy who begrudges teams' owners a shot at tax money because they are, in theory, billionaires who could afford to do it themselves. I spend a lot of time in American cities and ballparks, and the cities I most enjoy are the ones where ballparks have brought a vitality to downtown. I've never done my own economic study but I believe that ballparks/arenas built the right way, and in the right places, either pay for themselves or so enrich a town that they are worth an investment.

Also, "I spend a lot of time in American cities" is the blandest declaration I've ever read.

The idea of Phil doing his own economic study is intriguing.  Especially if he's going to incorporate his +/- system.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: November 12, 2010, 01:54:53 PM »
Quote from: PhildoI also am one of those guys who believes cities should invest in ballparks, and not a guy who begrudges teams' owners a shot at tax money because they are, in theory the abstract, billionaires who could afford to do it themselves.

Meme'd

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: November 12, 2010, 01:55:48 PM »
I've never done my own economic study but I believe that ballparks/arenas built the right way, and in the right places, either pay for themselves or so enrich a town that they are worth an investment.

This may be the gold standard in dumbassery.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: November 12, 2010, 01:57:51 PM »

Holy mother of Thor. How is this man employed?

I've never taken a math class but I believe that two plus two equals glorph.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: November 12, 2010, 01:58:55 PM »
Quote from: CT III on November 12, 2010, 01:54:46 PM
The idea of Phil doing his own economic study is intriguing.  Especially if he's going to incorporate his +/- system.

Maybe someone can scrape together some funding for Phildo's study.  It'd be worth it to see an economic analysis of ballparks built the right way and their effect on cities vs. ballparks built the wrong way (i.e., upside down) and their disastrous economic implications.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: November 12, 2010, 02:04:25 PM »
Quote from: R-V on November 12, 2010, 12:31:00 PM
Quote from: PANK! on November 12, 2010, 11:18:35 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 12, 2010, 11:13:05 AM
You guys talking about moving the Cubs to the suburbs should be shot in the face with a ball of your own shit. Even if you're joking, I don't care.

Apex' conversion to metrosnobbery is now complete.  Go sit next to RV and Oleg.

There's only room for two people on the hobo seat. Whose lap would Oleg sit on?

And who is going to get primaried? Mike Madigan? That would be funny.

Sara Feigenholtz would be a start.  And TJ could go after Dan Biss.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: November 12, 2010, 02:37:09 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 12, 2010, 02:04:25 PM
You guys talking about moving the Cubs to the suburbs should be shot in the face with a ball of your own shit. Even if you're joking, I don't care.

I could go after Dan Biss, but I doubt that me running in the Dem primary would be seen as anything but a Rovian-esque GOP dirty trick that would get the likes of Rich Miller (also in the Al Yellon-Phil Rogers camp, albeit on a little more solid reasoning) up in arms.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: November 12, 2010, 03:12:18 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on November 12, 2010, 02:37:09 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 12, 2010, 02:04:25 PM

I could go after Dan Biss, but I doubt that me running in the Dem primary would be seen as anything but a Rovian-esque GOP dirty trick that would get the likes of Rich Miller (also in the Al Yellon-Phil Rogers camp, albeit on a little more solid reasoning) up in arms.

Alvin Greene is avaiable. 

"Alvin Greene might run for president.

Greene, the unlikely Democratic Senate nominee in South Carolina who lost overwhelmingly to Republican Sen. Jim DeMint last week, called the state Democratic Party on Tuesday to ask how much it would cost to run for president.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1110/44895.html#ixzz156YYqJIR"
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: November 12, 2010, 03:16:03 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 12, 2010, 01:57:51 PM

Holy mother of Thor. How is this man employed?

I've never taken a math class but I believe that two plus two equals glorph.

+ glorph

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: November 13, 2010, 07:43:13 AM »
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/11/cubs-accidentally-damage-harry-caray-statue.html

QuoteIt's been a rough year for Harry Caray.

First came the move of his statue, and now comes the news that the Cubs accidentally damaged it while making over the ballpark for the Nov. 20 Northwestern-Illinois football game.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: November 13, 2010, 10:11:31 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on November 13, 2010, 07:43:13 AM
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/11/cubs-accidentally-damage-harry-caray-statue.html

First came the move of his statue, and now comes the news that the Cubs accidentally damaged it while making over the ballpark for the Nov. 20 Northwestern-Illinois football game.

The Cubs themselves did it? I can just imagine Carlos throwing down his work gloves and going full retard on the turd who did it - Bobby Scales most likely. So now, it's mid-November and this Cubs offseason is already officially fun-bad.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: November 13, 2010, 12:20:40 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on November 13, 2010, 07:43:13 AM

Harry's been dead for 12 years.  I don't think it's getting any better or worse for him.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: November 13, 2010, 12:46:34 PM »
They had a shot of the field at Wrigley and the goal posts at the right field end of the field are mounted on the right field wall. The back line of the end zone is right up against the wall.

No deep posts at that end of the field next week.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: November 13, 2010, 01:15:25 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on November 13, 2010, 12:46:34 PM
They had a shot of the field at Wrigley and the goal posts at the right field end of the field are mounted on the right field wall. The back line of the end zone is right up against the wall.

No deep posts at that end of the field next week.

Damn you, Tom Ricketts!
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.