News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Ricketts Family Annoyance Thread  ( 144,713 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Ricketts Family Annoyance Thread
« Reply #180 on: November 18, 2010, 01:27:48 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on November 13, 2010, 12:46:34 PM
They had a shot of the field at Wrigley and the goal posts at the right field end of the field are mounted on the right field wall. The back line of the end zone is right up against the wall.

No deep posts at that end of the field next week.

Yes, Pat Fitzgerald has noted this:

Fitzgerald told WMVP-AM 1000 that he will have separate game plans for each end.

"We talked already about (having a) 'going-east red-zone game plan', (and a) 'going-west red-zone game plan,'" he said. "You have to adjust to it. It's kind of like having the elements, whether it's rainy or snowy or windy.

"I don't think we're going to be trying to run a lot of go routes (to the east end zone). It's a recipe for disaster."

I suppose the other problem is going to the west end zone during sunset. The sun does poke through the stands down the 3rd base line. Going west could be a problem for the QB. They should have made it a night game but for the damn ordinance.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #181 on: November 18, 2010, 01:40:14 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on November 18, 2010, 01:27:48 PM
Quote from: Armchair_QB on November 13, 2010, 12:46:34 PM
They had a shot of the field at Wrigley and the goal posts at the right field end of the field are mounted on the right field wall. The back line of the end zone is right up against the wall.

No deep posts at that end of the field next week.

Yes, Pat Fitzgerald has noted this:

Fitzgerald told WMVP-AM 1000 that he will have separate game plans for each end.

"We talked already about (having a) 'going-east red-zone game plan', (and a) 'going-west red-zone game plan,'" he said. "You have to adjust to it. It's kind of like having the elements, whether it's rainy or snowy or windy.

"I don't think we're going to be trying to run a lot of go routes (to the east end zone). It's a recipe for disaster."

I suppose the other problem is going to the west end zone during sunset. The sun does poke through the stands down the 3rd base line. Going west could be a problem for the QB. They should have made it a night game but for the damn ordinance.

Damn the Ricketts family. Damn them all to hell.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #182 on: November 18, 2010, 01:55:32 PM »
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ct-spt-1117-around-town--20101116,0,7737755.column

Cubs Chairman Tom Ricketts would like the Northwestern-Illinois game at Wrigley Field to become a tradition.

"If everything goes smoothly we would love to make it an annual event," he said Tuesday on Chicago Tribune Live. "The field looks great and it should be a tremendous game to watch."

Nothing like a battle between two mediocre teams, for around fifth place, in a lousy venue for football, but hey lets do it every year.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #183 on: November 18, 2010, 01:58:38 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on November 18, 2010, 01:55:32 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ct-spt-1117-around-town--20101116,0,7737755.column

Cubs Chairman Tom Ricketts would like the Northwestern-Illinois game at Wrigley Field to become a tradition.

"If everything goes smoothly we would love to make it an annual event," he said Tuesday on Chicago Tribune Live. "The field looks great and it should be a tremendous game to watch."

Nothing like a battle between two mediocre teams, for around fifth place, in a lousy venue for football, but hey lets do it every year.

Damn those Rickettses for wanting to further monetize one of their primary assets!
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #184 on: November 18, 2010, 01:59:08 PM »

If it helps them sign Juan Cruz, I'd support it.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #185 on: November 18, 2010, 02:26:01 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 18, 2010, 01:59:08 PM

I'm actually all for this game, and I'd support the Cubs hosting a couple bowl games in there: the Jimmy John's Bologna Bowl Sponsored by BCB Nation for the 6th place SEC West team and the 7th Place PAC 10 team and then the TD Ameritrade Money Talks Bowl in which the top two teams in the country spurn the BCS Championship Game for a Mega Payout at Wrigley Field in the cold weather. I'd be for them moving a couple Bear games to Wrigley as well as a couple more hockey games. If they could figure out how to do it, I think the Breeders Cup, America's Cup and Formula 1 would be perfect for Wrigley. Especially if it means monetizing the asset, thereby eliminating the need for tax money.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #186 on: November 18, 2010, 02:30:04 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on November 18, 2010, 02:26:01 PM

I'm actually all for this game, and I'd support the Cubs hosting a couple bowl games in there: the Jimmy John's Bologna Bowl Sponsored by BCB Nation for the 6th place SEC West team and the 7th Place PAC 10 team and then the TD Ameritrade Money Talks Bowl in which the top two teams in the country spurn the BCS Championship Game for a Mega Payout at Wrigley Field in the cold weather. I'd be for them moving a couple Bear games to Wrigley as well as a couple more hockey games. If they could figure out how to do it, I think the Breeders Cup, America's Cup and Formula 1 would be perfect for Wrigley. Especially if it means monetizing the asset, thereby eliminating the need for tax money.

At first I didn't swee what you did there. Then I read on and I laughed.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #187 on: November 18, 2010, 02:37:34 PM »

Every year?  The Cubs already do that 81 times a year.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #188 on: November 18, 2010, 04:26:09 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 18, 2010, 02:37:34 PM

Every year?  The Cubs already do that 81 times a year.

Zing.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #189 on: November 18, 2010, 11:22:19 PM »

I think DePaul and Loyola should restart their football programs and play all their home games at Wrigley.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

FrankS

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #190 on: November 19, 2010, 02:35:19 AM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on November 18, 2010, 11:22:19 PM

I think DePaul and Loyola should restart their football programs and play all their home games at Wrigley.

Hey, let's convince DeVry to start a football program!

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #191 on: November 19, 2010, 07:06:26 AM »
Quote from: FrankS on November 19, 2010, 02:35:19 AM
Quote from: Armchair_QB on November 18, 2010, 11:22:19 PM

Hey, let's convince DeVry to start a football program!

Or PenFoe's beloved University of Phoenix.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #192 on: November 19, 2010, 08:28:22 AM »
UIC Football. You know you want it.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #193 on: November 19, 2010, 08:34:13 AM »
I'm waiting for them to return the Chicago Maroons to the Big Ten. And if they need a place to play, I know of a rich alum who owns a football-baseball stadium in town.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #194 on: November 19, 2010, 08:42:18 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on November 19, 2010, 08:34:13 AM
I'm waiting for them to return the Chicago Maroons to the Big Ten. And if they need a place to play, I know of a rich alum who owns a football-baseball stadium in town.

Toyota Park is for sale, too.