News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Ricketts Family Annoyance Thread  ( 144,717 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Ricketts Family Annoyance Thread
« Reply #255 on: June 03, 2011, 07:23:29 PM »
Quote from: Tony on June 03, 2011, 05:55:54 PM
Quote from: Oleg on June 03, 2011, 05:38:28 PM
Quote from: Tony on June 03, 2011, 04:46:28 PM
This isn't really related to flannj's autographed baseball, but somewhere in my parent's house there are a couple Lloyd McClendon autographed baseballs. His brother was incarcerated at the correctional facility that my dad worked at. So that was cool.

That was?

It was cool for everyone except Lloyd's brother.

(||)
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #256 on: June 12, 2011, 03:17:49 PM »
Cubs should hire a buttload of BoSawx people?

That the camera-loving Ricketts is a "private" owner is new to me. It's especially cruel to mention Friedman like that's a real possibility.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #257 on: June 16, 2011, 07:53:17 AM »
Bump.

"Some believe the Cubs should bring in a seasoned baseball executive to replace president Crane Kenney at the top of the front office food chain. "I've never bought into the (idea) that I should have a baseball guy to watch my baseball guy and his baseball guys," he said. "Then what do you get, a baseball guy to watch the baseball guy who's watching your baseball guys?  I trust Jim to do the best he can to get the best team on the field. I trust Mike to manage those guys effectively and give us the amount of wins that he can. And so, I really haven't thought about an extra baseball guy, and I'm not regretting having an extra baseball guy at all.""

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #258 on: June 16, 2011, 07:58:04 AM »
Quote from: BH on June 16, 2011, 07:53:17 AM
Bump.

"Some believe the Cubs should bring in a seasoned baseball executive to replace president Crane Kenney at the top of the front office food chain. "I've never bought into the (idea) that I should have a baseball guy to watch my baseball guy and his baseball guys," he said. "Then what do you get, a baseball guy to watch the baseball guy who's watching your baseball guys?  I trust Jim to do the best he can to get the best team on the field. I trust Mike to manage those guys effectively and give us the amount of wins that he can. And so, I really haven't thought about an extra baseball guy, and I'm not regretting having an extra baseball guy at all.""

"So what if Crane Kenney is baseball stupid? He GETS IT."
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #259 on: June 16, 2011, 08:27:21 AM »
Bump.

"So, Mr. Ricketts, you and your siblings all have management experience. You all have people whose counsel you must trust more than Crane Kenney. Why is he employed, and what are his accountabilities? To watch the baseball guys?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #260 on: June 16, 2011, 08:44:51 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on June 16, 2011, 08:27:21 AM
Bump.

"So, Mr. Ricketts, you and your siblings all have management experience. You all have people whose counsel you must trust more than Crane Kenney. Why is he employed, and what are his accountabilities? To watch the baseball guys?

Crane's job is to make sure that the fans and players don't forget the real reason we're all here: to get revenge on that cursed goat.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #261 on: June 16, 2011, 08:45:38 AM »
Bump.

You don't need a baseball guy! What do you think we're running here, a baseball team?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #262 on: June 16, 2011, 08:47:38 AM »
Bump.

Also what it means  - if Kenney doesn't need to watch over the baseball guys, then Ricketts,  doesn't need to watch over his baseball guys.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #263 on: June 16, 2011, 08:51:31 AM »
Quote from: BH on June 16, 2011, 08:47:38 AM
Bump.

Also what it means  - if Kenney doesn't need to watch over the baseball guys, then Ricketts,  doesn't need to watch over his baseball guys.

Huh?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #264 on: June 16, 2011, 09:02:30 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 16, 2011, 08:51:31 AM
Bump.

Huh?

Draw a pyramid - then figure it out. The baseball responsibility ends with Hendry apparently, per Ricketts.
If Kenney isn't responsible, then how can little old Ricketts be responsible? He's just the owner, dude.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #265 on: June 16, 2011, 09:04:09 AM »
Quote from: BH on June 16, 2011, 09:02:30 AM
Bump.

Huh?

Draw a pyramid - then figure it out. The baseball responsibility ends with Hendry apparently, per Ricketts.
If Kenney isn't responsible, then how can little old Ricketts be responsible? He's just the owner, dude.

I built a beeramid to try and understand this and I'm still confused.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #266 on: June 16, 2011, 09:08:22 AM »
DPD. Glad to get some confirmation that the Cubs are in the tourism business.

QuoteHe disagrees with comments that Wrigley Field is a "dump," calling it instead the "third largest tourist attraction in the state" while knowing it can be improved.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #267 on: June 16, 2011, 09:16:42 AM »
Quote from: R-V on June 16, 2011, 09:08:22 AM

QuoteHe disagrees with comments that Wrigley Field is a "dump," calling it instead the "third largest tourist attraction in the state" while knowing it can be improved.

I'm assuming Excalibur is #1, what's #2?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #268 on: June 16, 2011, 09:18:46 AM »
Quote from: BH on June 16, 2011, 09:16:42 AM
Quote from: R-V on June 16, 2011, 09:08:22 AM

I'm assuming Excalibur is #1, what's #2?

U.S. Cellular Field.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #269 on: June 16, 2011, 09:20:39 AM »
Quote from: BH on June 16, 2011, 09:02:30 AM
Bump.

Huh?

Let's go the other way: If Hendry doesn't need a guy over him, why does Fleita need Hendry over him? Why do the scounts need Fleita over them? Hell, why do the players need a manager over them?  Wait, skip that last one. Quade's not really managing.