News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Ricketts Family Annoyance Thread  ( 144,716 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Ricketts Family Annoyance Thread
« Reply #317 on: July 27, 2011, 06:49:51 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 19, 2011, 06:47:45 PM
Quote from: BH on July 19, 2011, 10:16:12 AM
Rosenthal is a moran, since Hendry was fired last year, but sounds like Ricketts might be considering a change.

"Jim Hendry, Cubs: Speculation persists that owner Tom Ricketts might hire Hall of Fame inductee Pat Gillick as club president. In theory, Gillick could retain Hendry, and the two could work together to fix the club. But the entire idea seems far-fetched; Cubs fans want change, and both Hendry and manager Mike Quade seem likely to be replaced.

The real intrigue would begin once Ricketts began his search for a new GM.

White Sox assistant GM Rick Hahn is generally regarded as the game's leading GM candidate, but many in the industry believe that the Cubs' job also might draw interest from some of the game's top current GMs."

If he does hire someone like that as team president, I really hope they let Gillick (or whomever) hire the manager. Ricketts choosing is the kind of intrigue I don't want to see. Crane Kenney and Al Yellon, your new co-managers! The "GET IT" Guys!

Don't worry, Pex. Quade will make a great addition to the Kyardnulls pre and postgame shows. Can't wait to hear the nicknames.

Hopefully this Al and Crane regime hires Ned Coletti and Ryne as GM and Manager so I can be so apathetic that I focus strictly on my studies.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #318 on: July 27, 2011, 08:53:07 AM »

I know he'd be a good broadcaster for the family, dad. But Omaha is just too far for him to come interview.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #320 on: July 27, 2011, 10:23:09 AM »
Quote from: BBM on July 27, 2011, 06:49:51 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 19, 2011, 06:47:45 PM
Quote from: BH on July 19, 2011, 10:16:12 AM
Rosenthal is a moran, since Hendry was fired last year, but sounds like Ricketts might be considering a change.

"Jim Hendry, Cubs: Speculation persists that owner Tom Ricketts might hire Hall of Fame inductee Pat Gillick as club president. In theory, Gillick could retain Hendry, and the two could work together to fix the club. But the entire idea seems far-fetched; Cubs fans want change, and both Hendry and manager Mike Quade seem likely to be replaced.

The real intrigue would begin once Ricketts began his search for a new GM.

White Sox assistant GM Rick Hahn is generally regarded as the game’s leading GM candidate, but many in the industry believe that the Cubs’ job also might draw interest from some of the game’s top current GMs."

If he does hire someone like that as team president, I really hope they let Gillick (or whomever) hire the manager. Ricketts choosing is the kind of intrigue I don't want to see. Crane Kenney and Al Yellon, your new co-managers! The "GET IT" Guys!

Don't worry, Pex. Quade will make a great addition to the Kyardnulls pre and postgame shows. Can't wait to hear the nicknames.

Hopefully this Al and Crane regime hires Ned Coletti and Ryne as GM and Manager so I can be so apathetic that I focus strictly on my studies.

While we're righting wrongs let's do it right. Looking forward to the brilliant roster assembled for RYNO by new Cubs GM STEVE STONE.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #321 on: August 05, 2011, 08:30:22 AM »
Cubs 'doing everything we can'

"Many fans saw a different side of the Ricketts family last fall.

Ricketts' youngest brother, Todd, was featured on the CBS program "Undercover Boss." He went in disguise for a week during the 2010 season doing various jobs around Wrigley Field trying to find out what the club could do to help those who worked at the park.

"Todd did a very nice job. It was a big commitment," said Ricketts. "He had to take off a week of his life, grow a beard and stay away from the park a month before the filming. He took one for the team. I still walk around the park every home game and someone will say, 'I loved you on Undercover Boss.' I'm, like, it wasn't me." "

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #322 on: August 05, 2011, 08:37:05 AM »
Quote from: BH on August 05, 2011, 08:30:22 AM

Ricketts' youngest brother, Todd, was featured on the CBS program "Undercover Boss." He went in disguise for a week during the 2010 season doing various jobs around Wrigley Field trying to find out what the club could do to help those who worked at the park.

"Todd did a very nice job. It was a big commitment," said Ricketts. "He had to take off a week of his life, grow a beard and stay away from the park a month before the filming. He took one for the team. I still walk around the park every home game and someone will say, 'I loved you on Undercover Boss.' I'm, like, it wasn't me." "

Holy shit are these morons tone deaf. Surely with our combined brain power we can come up with a plan to trick them out of this team and give it to someone who knows their ass from their elbow.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #323 on: August 05, 2011, 08:45:11 AM »
Quote from: R-V on August 05, 2011, 08:37:05 AM

Holy shit are these morons tone deaf. Surely with our combined brain power we can come up with a plan to trick them out of this team and give it to someone who knows their ass from their elbow.

Prove to me that our losing isn't tied to the facilities in the Dominican Republic.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #324 on: August 05, 2011, 09:36:47 AM »

Tom is just tweaking us at this point. He has to be. Right?

Also, there are problems we need to get rid of on this team. He's looking at you, Kerry.

Quote"Some days are slightly less fun than others, perhaps, but it's been terrific," said Ricketts. "Obviously we're disappointed with the season. We've got some wood to chop and we've got to win more games. But away from that, the first year-and-a-half has been exciting and rewarding.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #325 on: August 05, 2011, 11:36:50 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on August 05, 2011, 09:36:47 AM

Tom is just tweaking us at this point. He has to be. Right?

Also, there are problems we need to get rid of on this team. He's looking at you, Kerry.

Quote"Some days are slightly less fun than others, perhaps, but it's been terrific," said Ricketts. "Obviously we're disappointed with the season. We've got some wood to chop and we've got to win more games. But away from that, the first year-and-a-half has been exciting and rewarding.

Is that why Ted Lilly was mystified at why the Cubs didn't want to re-sign him?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #326 on: August 05, 2011, 07:59:19 PM »
So, the Bears were supposed to have their annual family night at Soldier Field tonight, but it was called it off at last minute because the field was unplayable.

On August 5th.  It sounds like they re-sodded the field after the Chicago Fire/Manchester United game last week.  And then the Park District didn't water the sod and nobody looked at the field until 35 minutes before the team was scheduled to practice on it.

Your move, Ricketts.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #327 on: August 05, 2011, 08:50:00 PM »

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #328 on: August 06, 2011, 08:42:12 PM »
Quote from: CT III on August 05, 2011, 07:59:19 PM
So, the Bears were supposed to have their annual family night at Soldier Field tonight, but it was called it off at last minute because the field was unplayable.

On August 5th.  It sounds like they re-sodded the field after the Chicago Fire/Manchester United game last week.  And then the Park District didn't water the sod and nobody looked at the field until 35 minutes before the team was scheduled to practice on it.

Your move, Ricketts.

How could the Cubs fuck up a football field like that?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #329 on: August 13, 2011, 10:17:20 PM »

Yayyyyyyy.....