News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Ricketts Family Annoyance Thread  ( 144,768 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Ricketts Family Annoyance Thread
« Reply #330 on: August 13, 2011, 10:34:01 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on August 13, 2011, 10:17:20 PM

Yayyyyyyy.....

So no source, no nothing.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #331 on: August 13, 2011, 11:19:43 PM »
Yep, it's just stated as fact. But it's Bob freaking Nightengale, man. Take that to the bank.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #332 on: August 15, 2011, 12:50:27 PM »
Apparently, Chuck Garfien has a bone to pick with Ricketts. (Note the comments.)

That's the only Chuck G. I could think of...

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #336 on: August 16, 2011, 10:03:26 AM »

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #337 on: August 16, 2011, 10:25:42 AM »

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #338 on: August 16, 2011, 10:27:17 AM »
If Hendry gets fired, Yeti will have redemption. A few years off doesn't matter.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #339 on: August 16, 2011, 12:07:43 PM »
Hopefully Levine explains this all on his ESPN chat today.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #340 on: August 16, 2011, 01:10:53 PM »
Quote from: BH on August 16, 2011, 12:07:43 PM

QuoteThat's a great question because nobody seems to know that answer right now. Quade does believe in player development. He's also managing to retain his own job. That can only usually be quantified in wins. Time will tell as to how he will decide playing time for vets and young players.

This is all well and good but unless we're talking about Colvin, who stinks, all the young players are already playing. There aren't any young players that are major league ready. What's the debate? When people keep screaming for Quade to "play the youngsters" do they just mean Colvin? Dolan has already hammered home the fact that he's the same age as Blake DeWitt. I don't hear anyone screaming for DeWitt to get more playing time. Oh, that's right - we need upcoming superstar Darwin Barney to play every day. Because Darwin Barney's OPS+ of 87 is so much better than DeWitt's of 85.

ALSO DARWIN BARNEY IS TWO MONTHS OLDER THAN DEWITT.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #341 on: August 16, 2011, 01:28:54 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 16, 2011, 01:10:53 PM

QuoteThat's a great question because nobody seems to know that answer right now. Quade does believe in player development. He's also managing to retain his own job. That can only usually be quantified in wins. Time will tell as to how he will decide playing time for vets and young players.

This is all well and good but unless we're talking about Colvin, who stinks, all the young players are already playing. There aren't any young players that are major league ready. What's the debate? When people keep screaming for Quade to "play the youngsters" do they just mean Colvin? Dolan has already hammered home the fact that he's the same age as Blake DeWitt. I don't hear anyone screaming for DeWitt to get more playing time. Oh, that's right - we need upcoming superstar Darwin Barney to play every day. Because Darwin Barney's OPS+ of 87 is so much better than DeWitt's of 85.

DAT LAHAIR KID NEEDS TO BE UP HERE PLAYING EVERYDAY!

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #342 on: August 16, 2011, 01:39:51 PM »
Quote from: CT III on August 16, 2011, 01:28:54 PM

DAT LAHAIR KID NEEDS TO BE UP HERE PLAYING EVERYDAY!

If our class A park were better, our prospects would be better.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #343 on: August 16, 2011, 02:00:48 PM »

Thank you for typing out all my Cubs rage today so I didn't have to. Much more enjoyable to sit back and read it.

This front office has AIDS in the portion of its brain responsible for making decisions.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #344 on: August 16, 2011, 02:15:26 PM »

You are right......but Colvin is a lot younger than Reed Johnson.