News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Ricketts Family Annoyance Thread  ( 144,719 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Ricketts Family Annoyance Thread
« Reply #375 on: August 19, 2011, 10:57:33 AM »
Quote from: flannj on August 19, 2011, 10:55:48 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 19, 2011, 10:53:07 AM
So, according to Yeti's transcript of the presser, Hendry was told he was being fired before the trade deadline?

Fuck this team.
Wait, what?

Why in the hell would they do that?

http://twitter.com/thekapman/status/104580936909324288

QuoteHendry just admitted that he was fired on July 22nd. He stayed on to help get all of the draft picks signed.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #376 on: August 19, 2011, 11:01:55 AM »
Also...

http://twitter.com/thekapman/status/104579924874108928

QuoteA search will commence immediately. Current structure with business on one side/baseball operations on the other expected to be in place.

I assume this means Crane lives to milque another toast.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #377 on: August 19, 2011, 11:04:54 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 19, 2011, 11:01:55 AM
Also...

QuoteA search will commence immediately. Current structure with business on one side/baseball operations on the other expected to be in place.

i've never understood the Kenney hate--he's never done enough to make me think twice about him, let alone hate him. He's just...bleh.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #378 on: August 19, 2011, 11:06:01 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 19, 2011, 10:57:33 AM
Quote from: flannj on August 19, 2011, 10:55:48 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 19, 2011, 10:53:07 AM
So, according to Yeti's transcript of the presser, Hendry was told he was being fired before the trade deadline?

Fuck this team.
Wait, what?

Why in the hell would they do that?

http://twitter.com/thekapman/status/104580936909324288

QuoteHendry just admitted that he was fired on July 22nd. He stayed on to help get all of the draft picks signed.

All this does is underline how much I wish Yeti had been right.
He should have been gone by last October.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #379 on: August 19, 2011, 02:09:26 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 18, 2011, 08:32:42 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on August 18, 2011, 06:48:21 PM
I think Al has stumbled onto the reason why Pena wasn't traded.

QuoteRecently, Carlos Peña, who played in the World Series for the 2008 AL champion Rays, said that the Cubs need a culture change:

"What is Latin American culture?" Peña said. "What is the European culture? Basically, it's a way of being.

"When I say culture of the team, (it's) the way we interact with each other, the way we react to things, the way we view ourselves, the way we view our season. (So) what's our identity?

"It's just viewing ourselves in a different light, wearing the uniform with pride, just all those personal things that (should be) ingrained in us."

And what was Mike Quade's response to that? A nervous and silly joke:

Quade, when asked about Carlos Peña's comment that the Cubs need a "cultural change" in the clubhouse: "The culture? Does that mean adding an Australian, or does that mean getting a Chinese player? I don't know."

If that's what it takes to show respect for Asian culture.

oof
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #380 on: August 19, 2011, 02:12:11 PM »
Quote from: fiveouts on August 19, 2011, 11:04:54 AM
Also...

i've never understood the Kenney hate--he's never done enough to make me think twice about him, let alone hate him. He's just...bleh.

The problem was that he was Hendry's boss and stood between the baseball operations and the dipshits who owned the team. He knew nothing of this baseball sport thing. And so he's still a problem because even with Hendry leaving, there's just Crane and the Ricketts hiring the replacement. So what will be different? Fuck Crane.

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #381 on: August 19, 2011, 03:13:23 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 19, 2011, 02:12:11 PM
Also...

The problem was that he was Hendry's boss and stood between the baseball operations and the dipshits who owned the team. He knew nothing of this baseball sport thing. And so he's still a problem because even with Hendry leaving, there's just Crane and the Ricketts hiring the replacement. So what will be different? Fuck Crane.

How did he stand between baseball operations and ownership? When he was with the Trib? From everything I have seen, the guy hasn't had anything to do with the baseball decisions and only shows his face when they're talking about stadium or Spring Training home issues. Or to bless a stupid fucking goat.

Everything I heard from Ricketts in terms of their ideal candidate seemed okay by me.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #382 on: August 19, 2011, 03:33:56 PM »
This is awesome.
Al really nails it.

" There never seemed to be a "Cubs Way" of doing things from the lowest level of the minors to the majors; poor fundamental play and no team discipline, represented by something as simple as not having the entire team standing outside the dugout at Wrigley Field for the national anthem, even as visiting teams did. The message was clear: "Cubs can do whatever they want."

Friday, owner Tom Ricketts sent the clear message that this sort of thing won't be tolerated, by saying the new GM will come from outside the organization and would report directly to him. That, at least, should get Cubs fans to put their torches and pitchforks away and have a glimmer of hope for the future."

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #383 on: August 19, 2011, 04:40:13 PM »
Quote from: fiveouts on August 19, 2011, 03:13:23 PM
Also...

How did he stand between baseball operations and ownership? When he was with the Trib? From everything I have seen, the guy hasn't had anything to do with the baseball decisions and only shows his face when they're talking about stadium or Spring Training home issues. Or to bless a stupid fucking goat.

Everything I heard from Ricketts in terms of their ideal candidate seemed okay by me.

I don't think you really grasp this whole firebarn concept all that firmly.

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #384 on: August 19, 2011, 05:21:58 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 19, 2011, 04:40:13 PM
Quote from: fiveouts on August 19, 2011, 03:13:23 PM
Also...

I don't think you really grasp this whole firebarn concept all that firmly.

I'm actually legitimately confused--I constantly hear writers, tv personalities, radio guys, et. al. rip this guy with Cutler-level intensity. I'm actually legitimately confused about it, because I haven't read a ton of specific things he's done that have been terrible; the only thing I ever hear are vague generalizations about him wanting "in on the baseball decisions."

Personally, I don't care about him either way. If you want to nuke the entire front office (aside from Ari Kaplan and Tim Wilken), I'm cool with it. I'm just wondering if this guy is a legitimate jerkoff or if he just doesn't play nice with the media. I honestly have no idea.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #385 on: August 21, 2011, 08:45:01 PM »
Well, you know, it's good to have you guys here, you know, and obviously you have to know there are no shortcuts, and we just need to, you know, improve our facilities throughout the organization, and also Carlos Zambrano is, you know, Satan incarnate.  Enjoy Wrigley Field.

Edit: Look!  I'm up here in the upper deck with the rubes!  What a great guy and friendly owner I am.  I bet those idiots in the ESPN booth are eating this up!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #386 on: August 21, 2011, 09:21:51 PM »
Quote from: BH on August 19, 2011, 03:33:56 PM
This is awesome.
Al really nails it.

" There never seemed to be a "Cubs Way" of doing things from the lowest level of the minors to the majors; poor fundamental play and no team discipline,

Au contraire, Alvin. I think you've hit directly on the "Cubs way" of doing things.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #388 on: August 24, 2011, 12:24:11 PM »
Quote from: BH on August 24, 2011, 10:05:59 AM
David Haugh sets the record straight on Crane Kenney.

Okay, what the hell is going on with Crane Kenney?  My assumption was always that he was an empty suit that Ricketts was keeping around to do the dirty political negotiations because nobody likes him anyway.  Now all I hear is that he's Bob Pulford 2.0. 

I WANT SOME ANSWERS DAMMIT!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #389 on: August 24, 2011, 12:56:42 PM »
Quote from: CT III on August 24, 2011, 12:24:11 PM
Quote from: BH on August 24, 2011, 10:05:59 AM
David Haugh sets the record straight on Crane Kenney.

Okay, what the hell is going on with Crane Kenney?  My assumption was always that he was an empty suit that Ricketts was keeping around to do the dirty political negotiations because nobody likes him anyway.  Now all I hear is that he's Bob Pulford 2.0. 

I WANT SOME ANSWERS DAMMIT!

It's obvious: There's a super gay four-way between Biggsy, TIMSHAW, Crane Kenney and David Haugh. It's like Lemon Party 3000.