News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Ricketts Family Annoyance Thread  ( 144,823 )

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Ricketts Family Annoyance Thread
« Reply #435 on: October 29, 2011, 12:18:47 AM »
Quote from: Tollbooth Yeti on October 28, 2011, 09:39:06 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 28, 2011, 05:06:58 PM
Quote from: Brownie on October 28, 2011, 11:46:55 AM
You've got to be kidding me!

QuoteIt was unclear who Epstein was cheering for during the game, but Tom, who is an investor in The Fifty/50, clapped when the Cardinals' David Freese's hit the game winning homerun.

He met his mistress while standing in line for a beer at the old Urinal Cake. But we know where his heart is.

Gov. Quinn was reportedly at the game last night

If he wasn't wearing a Rangers hat he needs to be impeached.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #436 on: October 31, 2011, 10:34:40 AM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on October 29, 2011, 12:18:47 AM
Quote from: Tollbooth Yeti on October 28, 2011, 09:39:06 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 28, 2011, 05:06:58 PM
Quote from: Brownie on October 28, 2011, 11:46:55 AM
You've got to be kidding me!

QuoteIt was unclear who Epstein was cheering for during the game, but Tom, who is an investor in The Fifty/50, clapped when the Cardinals' David Freese's hit the game winning homerun.

He met his mistress while standing in line for a beer at the old Urinal Cake. But we know where his heart is.

Gov. Quinn was reportedly at the game last night

If he wasn't wearing a Rangers hat he needs to be impeached.

Quinn's a Sox fan, so at best, he'd be ambivalent of the Cardinals. 
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #437 on: March 20, 2012, 09:01:42 AM »
I can't help but think Epstink is to blame for this.

QuoteChicago Cubs owner Tom Ricketts gave a talk to the all-powerful Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce yesterday, in the course of which he said this about the need for public subsidies for the renovation of Wrigley Field:

"There's 30 teams in baseball, and there's really two ways that you finance your stadium. One model, which about 25 teams use, is that you have a public agency build and provide you a stadium and you pay rent and expenses and some sort of amusement tax. The five other teams use a different model where they cover all of their expenses, but they don't pay any taxes. Believe it or not, Chicago has a hybrid model where you cover all of your own expenses, remain totally private and pay the second-highest taxes in the league."

This is ... I hate to say "lying," so let's just say an interesting interpretation of reality. The Boston Red Sox and San Francisco Giants, to name two, both pay the lion's share of their stadium costs and pay property and other taxes to boot. (And on the flip side, there are plenty of teams that got public funds and yet don't pay either rent or ticket taxes.)

What Ricketts is harping on is that Chicago has an amusement tax that applies to tickets for pretty much anything and everything, and he wants to get a bye from paying it, so that he can turn around and use the money on Wrigley Field improvements. As we've discussed before, since everybody else in town has to pay the tax, that'd be just as much of a subsidy as asking for bags of unmarked twenties.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #438 on: March 20, 2012, 09:26:21 AM »
Quote from: R-V on March 20, 2012, 09:01:42 AM
I can't help but think Epstink is to blame for this.

QuoteChicago Cubs owner Tom Ricketts gave a talk to the all-powerful Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce yesterday, in the course of which he said this about the need for public subsidies for the renovation of Wrigley Field:

"There's 30 teams in baseball, and there's really two ways that you finance your stadium. One model, which about 25 teams use, is that you have a public agency build and provide you a stadium and you pay rent and expenses and some sort of amusement tax. The five other teams use a different model where they cover all of their expenses, but they don't pay any taxes. Believe it or not, Chicago has a hybrid model where you cover all of your own expenses, remain totally private and pay the second-highest taxes in the league."

This is ... I hate to say "lying," so let's just say an interesting interpretation of reality. The Boston Red Sox and San Francisco Giants, to name two, both pay the lion's share of their stadium costs and pay property and other taxes to boot. (And on the flip side, there are plenty of teams that got public funds and yet don't pay either rent or ticket taxes.)

What Ricketts is harping on is that Chicago has an amusement tax that applies to tickets for pretty much anything and everything, and he wants to get a bye from paying it, so that he can turn around and use the money on Wrigley Field improvements. As we've discussed before, since everybody else in town has to pay the tax, that'd be just as much of a subsidy as asking for bags of unmarked twenties.

Fuck him and his "We don't want to pay taxes" family.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #439 on: April 16, 2012, 10:17:42 AM »
Rahmstink is terrible.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/cityhall/11884774-418/emanuel-has-fenway-plan-for-wrigley-to-maximize-money-making-potential.html

QuoteNow that Emanuel is Chicago's mayor and former Red Sox General Manager Theo Epstein is president of baseball operations for the Cubs, City Hall believes it's time to replicate the Fenway model at Wrigley.

"The more that is generated out of improvements to the building and the activities immediately around it, the less money is needed from the public sector," said Chicago-based sports marketing expert Marc Ganis, who is familiar with the plan.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #440 on: August 16, 2012, 03:06:29 PM »

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #441 on: August 16, 2012, 03:10:40 PM »

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #442 on: August 16, 2012, 03:14:54 PM »
(Though, if you're just dying to read Phildo on Crane, you can click here.)

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #443 on: September 19, 2012, 09:04:54 AM »
Thanks to the Rickstinks, my beloved Peoria Chiefs will be replacing their t-shirt cannons with jorts cannons.

QuoteThe Peoria Chiefs again will become an affiliate of the St. Louis Cardinals.

The Chiefs announced today that the team has reached a four-year agreement with the Cardinals. The term is the longest possible under rules governing Major League Baseball teams and affiliates.

Last month, Chicago media leaked news that the Chicago Cubs — the Chiefs' parent club since 2005 — would be severing its Peoria connection in favor of placing that affiliate in Kane County, west of Chicago. Before the Cubs, the Chiefs had been a farm team for the Cardinals from 1995 to 2004. Meantime, from 2005 to 2012, the Cardinals' Midwest League team was the Quad Cities River Bandits.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #444 on: September 19, 2012, 09:18:50 AM »
Quote from: R-V on September 19, 2012, 09:04:54 AM
Thanks to the Rickstinks, my beloved Peoria Chiefs will be replacing their t-shirt cannons with jorts cannons.

QuoteThe Peoria Chiefs again will become an affiliate of the St. Louis Cardinals.

The Chiefs announced today that the team has reached a four-year agreement with the Cardinals. The term is the longest possible under rules governing Major League Baseball teams and affiliates.

Last month, Chicago media leaked news that the Chicago Cubs — the Chiefs' parent club since 2005 — would be severing its Peoria connection in favor of placing that affiliate in Kane County, west of Chicago. Before the Cubs, the Chiefs had been a farm team for the Cardinals from 1995 to 2004. Meantime, from 2005 to 2012, the Cardinals' Midwest League team was the Quad Cities River Bandits.

But Huey will be able to ride his bike to see Albert Almora play!

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #445 on: September 19, 2012, 09:35:02 AM »
Daddy Ricketts is apparently giving Romney $10,000,000. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #446 on: September 19, 2012, 09:40:50 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on September 19, 2012, 09:35:02 AM

nice choice joe.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #447 on: September 19, 2012, 11:13:42 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 19, 2012, 09:40:50 AM

nice choice joe.

Yeah.  He has a great track record for picking winners.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #448 on: September 19, 2012, 11:37:16 AM »
Quote from: R-V on September 19, 2012, 09:04:54 AM

There was so much butthurt in the paper about it. Plus some bonus Dutchie Caray butthurt. Occupy Rickettses!

Can't believe it didn't work.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #449 on: September 19, 2012, 12:03:26 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on September 19, 2012, 11:13:42 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 19, 2012, 09:40:50 AM

nice choice joe.

Yeah.  He has a great track record for picking winners.

He should have just given me the dough - I stand just as much of a chance of being President.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16