News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Ricketts Family Annoyance Thread  ( 144,731 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Ricketts Family Annoyance Thread
« Reply #510 on: January 18, 2013, 04:40:16 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on January 18, 2013, 02:56:44 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on January 18, 2013, 02:50:42 PM
The Rickettses are building a hotel on the McDonald's lot.  Should be a nice, reasonably-priced place to unwind after celebrating World Series titles.

Are you suggesting the types celebrating World Series titles while in Chicago would need a hotel because they're not local? I'm indignant!

If there is no hotel available you will have to put me up on your couch.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #511 on: January 18, 2013, 04:46:01 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on January 18, 2013, 04:40:16 PM
The Rickettses are building a hotel on the McDonald's lot.  Should be a nice, reasonably-priced place to unwind after celebrating World Series titles.

Are you suggesting the types celebrating World Series titles while in Chicago would need a hotel because they're not local? I'm indignant!

I will bring Peet's Coffee, Dungeness crab, sourdough bread and several bottles of fine Napa cabernet.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #512 on: January 18, 2013, 04:49:48 PM »

I'm a CALIFORNIAN now, dude.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #513 on: January 18, 2013, 04:54:05 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on January 18, 2013, 04:46:01 PM

I will bring Peet's Coffee, Dungeness crab, sourdough bread and several bottles of fine Napa cabernet. some of Humboldt County's finest exports and I'll be at Oleg's if you need me.

Give the people what they want'd.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #514 on: January 18, 2013, 05:45:41 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 18, 2013, 04:54:05 PM
Quote from: CBStew on January 18, 2013, 04:46:01 PM

I will bring Peet's Coffee, Dungeness crab, sourdough bread and several bottles of fine Napa cabernet. some of Humboldt County's finest exports and I'll be at Oleg's if you need me.

Give the people what they want'd.

+420!

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #515 on: January 19, 2013, 09:54:36 PM »
Well, it looks like the Ricketts aren't asking for public money now. They just want the oppressive nanny state of the city to go fuck themselves so they can rebuild the stadium, then realize their revenue potential and build a goddamn dynasty.

Annoyed no more.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #516 on: January 19, 2013, 11:38:49 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on January 19, 2013, 09:54:36 PM
Well, it looks like the Ricketts aren't asking for public money now. They just want the oppressive nanny state of the city to go fuck themselves so they can rebuild the stadium, then realize their revenue potential and build a goddamn dynasty.

Annoyed no more.

Fan polls or fan suggestions are mentioned three times. I wish they wouldn't wet their fingers and stick 'em in the air on all this, considering people like Al Yellon no doubt make up a large sample of these polls.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #517 on: January 20, 2013, 07:28:32 PM »
The night game restrictions need to go. The difference in drunk Chads staggering around Wrigleyville at 11:00 on a Friday or Saturday night would be zero.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #518 on: March 20, 2013, 01:50:28 PM »
Du Page Cubs?  Certainly within their right if Tom Tunney doesn't play ball.

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20130319/BLOGS02/130319747/dupage-cubs-the-plot-thickens

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #519 on: March 20, 2013, 03:25:58 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 20, 2013, 01:50:28 PM
Du Page Cubs?  Certainly within their right if Tom Tunney doesn't play ball.

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20130319/BLOGS02/130319747/dupage-cubs-the-plot-thickens

Tom Tunney is apparently on meth and PCP. Or just drunk on the Murphys' and Loukases' cash.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #520 on: March 20, 2013, 06:24:53 PM »
I'm continually amazed that the Cubs give the rooftop owners the time of day let alone engage in bargaining with them. They're selling access to something they don't own.

The Cubs need to tell them to fuck the fuck off. The ballclub doesn't owe them anything.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #521 on: March 20, 2013, 10:24:54 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on March 20, 2013, 06:24:53 PM
The Cubs need to tell them to fuck the fuck off. The ballclub doesn't owe them anything.

Sadly, the Cubs do have a contract with the Roofies. Wonder if the bankruptcy they went through would have cancelled it?

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #522 on: March 21, 2013, 09:13:54 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 20, 2013, 10:24:54 PM

Sadly, the Cubs do have a contract with the Roofies. Wonder if the bankruptcy they went through would have cancelled it?

It wouldn't. Bankruptcy give the debtor the right to terminate contracts, but it requires an affirmative step by the debtor.  The debtor is still responsible for payment of damages associated with termination of the contract.  That usually doesn't matter as the debtor is insolvent, so there is no money left to pay the damages.  In the case of the Cubs, if they tried to terminate the contracts the rooftop owners would have certainly made claims in the bankruptcy court that they were entitled to damages and that some of the sales proceeds should be be set aside for them, which would have, at the least, slowed up the bankruptcy.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #523 on: March 21, 2013, 02:18:31 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on March 21, 2013, 09:13:54 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 20, 2013, 10:24:54 PM

It wouldn't. Bankruptcy give the debtor the right to terminate contracts, but it requires an affirmative step by the debtor.  The debtor is still responsible for payment of damages associated with termination of the contract.  That usually doesn't matter as the debtor is insolvent, so there is no money left to pay the damages.  In the case of the Cubs, if they tried to terminate the contracts the rooftop owners would have certainly made claims in the bankruptcy court that they were entitled to damages and that some of the sales proceeds should be be set aside for them, which would have, at the least, slowed up the bankruptcy.

Kinda what I thought.  In short: They could have tried to cancel the contract, but only if the Roofies and Cubs agreed on a payoff amount.

Maybe the Ricketts should do that today: Offer the Roofies an NPV on projected lost profits on the remaining years of the contract.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #524 on: May 01, 2013, 11:04:28 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on January 19, 2013, 09:54:36 PM

Annoyed no more.

"A new lawsuit shows how taxpayers footed the bill so the White Sox can make millions"

Just in case you needed a reminder about what a useless piece of crap our ex big gay Governor is.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen