News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Beer  ( 214,455 )

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Beer
« Reply #525 on: September 25, 2010, 12:13:58 PM »
I had the Burton Baton a few weeks ago, and at the risk of agreeing with PenFoe, holy shit is it the nectar of the gods.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #526 on: September 25, 2010, 08:58:07 PM »
I'm drinking some Guiness Black Lager beer that I picked up at Jewell. It's basically a water-down bloody Yank-ass Guinness. I fuckin' love it.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #527 on: September 25, 2010, 11:55:17 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 25, 2010, 08:58:07 PM
I'm drinking some Guiness Black Lager beer that I picked up at Jewell. It's basically a water-down bloody Yank-ass Guinness. I fuckin' love it.

Richard?

In other news, I finished off my four remaining Piraat's with some associates tonight.  Amazing.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #528 on: September 26, 2010, 05:09:32 AM »

Is it not just Harp with some caramel food colouring in it?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #529 on: September 26, 2010, 12:03:06 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on September 26, 2010, 05:09:32 AM

Oreos?
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #530 on: September 26, 2010, 05:53:48 PM »

It is not. Reminds me of a Samuel Smith's of some ilk. Not a bitter-tasting thing. I give it a B.

EDIT:

(tastes it again with this in mind.) Yeah, maybe it is.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #531 on: September 26, 2010, 06:54:39 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 26, 2010, 05:53:48 PM

It is not. Reminds me of a Samuel Smith's of some ilk. Not a bitter-tasting thing. I give it a B.

EDIT:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guinness_Black_Lager

QuoteThe purpose of the new product is to open up new streams of revenue. It is aimed at young male drinkers who prefer chilled, bottled lagers to pints of beer and is being sold in 330-millilitre bottles for six to nine months in Northern Ireland, as a test market for Europe, and in Malaysia to see whether there are opportunities for the product elsewhere. In Malaysia the beer will be known as Guinness Premium Beer. It will be offered at a comparable price to other premium lagers. The move follows previous attempts by Diageo to boost sales by introducing variations of Ireland's famous Guinness stout. In 2005 the company sold Brew 39 in bars in Dublin and before that it introduced Guinness XXX Extra Strong, Guinness Gold. If the beer performs during its trial, it will be introduced to other markets in Ireland, Europe and the U.S.

It is a 4.5 percent strength brew and gets its black colour from the roasted barley added into it.

Cold Brewed?

It's Guinness Ice!
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #532 on: September 26, 2010, 08:10:57 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 26, 2010, 06:54:39 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 26, 2010, 05:53:48 PM

EDIT:

It is a 4.5 percent strength brew and gets its black colour from the roasted barley added into it.

http://blog.ideasinfood.com/ideas_in_food/2009/08/roasted-barley.html

Eventually, the truly black mustard will arise.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #533 on: October 02, 2010, 08:04:48 PM »
THI yuo Chick-Fil-A hating staffots.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #534 on: October 03, 2010, 01:07:58 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on October 02, 2010, 08:04:48 PM

There's a chick on the label, man. It's Blue Nun.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #535 on: October 04, 2010, 12:15:53 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on October 02, 2010, 08:04:48 PM

Seconded (or maybe First'd?)
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #536 on: October 04, 2010, 01:41:36 PM »
Had this over the weekend.  Excellent beer, even though it's a Belgian-style made by a US brewery, which might bother some folks around here.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #537 on: October 04, 2010, 05:16:31 PM »
Quote from: Eli on October 04, 2010, 01:41:36 PM
Had this over the weekend.  Excellent beer, even though it's a Belgian-style made by a US brewery, which might bother some folks around here.

Try as I might, I really didn't like this beer.

Repeatedly hear from others who love it, so either I got a bad bottle (unlikely), or just not my style.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #538 on: October 04, 2010, 06:16:05 PM »

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #539 on: October 07, 2010, 05:51:04 PM »
Guinness launches New Foreign Extra Stout in the U.S.

the fullest in flavor of the GUINNESS brand variants. Deep brown in appearance, GUINNESS Foreign Extra Stout is carbonated unlike the nitrogenated GUINNESS Draught with which most Americans are familiar. The specialty beer is 7.5% ABV and possesses strong, roasted aromas followed by a unique bittersweet taste that beer aficionados can enjoy responsibly.
GUINNESS Foreign Extra Stout is brewed at a higher hop rate than GUINNESS Draught and its fullness of flavor and character have remained unchanged. Known for its unique taste, GUINNESS Foreign Extra Stout has an initial effervescent impact leading to a dry finish and a full bodied palate of roast character. It is produced using four basic ingredients: grain, water, hops and yeast. Yeast from each brew is transferred on to the next, so the original yeast's descendants are still in the GUINNESS Foreign Extra Stout we drink today.

Not sure if anyone has had this overseas (Tonk?) or if it's any good, but per the link above, the Brand Director for Guinness is named Pat Hughes, so there's that.