News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Beer  ( 214,460 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Beer
« Reply #540 on: October 07, 2010, 06:46:27 PM »
Pen, is that the shit they sell in the islands? Anyone been to the Caribbean? If this stuff is the same it is knockout juice on a hot day. Delicious knockout juice from the gods.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #541 on: October 07, 2010, 06:53:59 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 07, 2010, 06:46:27 PM
Pen, is that the shit they sell in the islands? Anyone been to the Caribbean? If this stuff is the same it is knockout juice on a hot day. Delicious knockout juice from the gods.

No idea, I've never had it.

Be curious to know.

I've never been much for the Guinness that we can get in the states, but I'd definitely like to try this....in 8 months.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #542 on: November 15, 2010, 05:22:05 PM »
I get nostalgic over the non-descript beers of my non-descript youth: Falstaff, Burgermeister, Lucky Lager, Olympia and Country Club Malt.  (My teen years were spent in California.)  I couldn't detect an iota of difference in taste among them.  For that matter, the beer that came in the yellow can called "Beer", tasted as good or bad as any of those mentioned.  Like most teen-aged college students, when I drank beer it was to get a buzz on, not because I liked the taste.  Today my beer of choice is Abita, which I drink because I like the taste, and I stop long before I get a buzz on.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #543 on: November 15, 2010, 05:24:04 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 15, 2010, 05:22:05 PM
I get nostalgic over the non-descript beers of my non-descript youth: Falstaff, Burgermeister, Lucky Lager, Olympia and Country Club Malt.  (My teen years were spent in California.)  I couldn't detect an iota of difference in taste among them.  For that matter, the beer that came in the yellow can called "Beer", tasted as good or bad as any of those mentioned.  Like most teen-aged college students, when I drank beer it was to get a buzz on, not because I liked the taste.  Today my beer of choice is Abita, which I drink because I like the taste, and I stop long before I get a buzz on.

IAN Boner.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #544 on: November 15, 2010, 05:55:05 PM »
The beer was usually in clear bottles, (not necessarily brown glass), and we needed an opener  ("church key").  Then came steel cans with pull tabs that separated from the can when you pulled on them.  Our "feats of strength" consisted of crushing a steel can with one hand.  We also wore onions on our belts.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #545 on: November 22, 2010, 08:49:09 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on November 15, 2010, 05:24:04 PM
Quote from: CBStew on November 15, 2010, 05:22:05 PM

IAN Boner.

You goddamn right.  Stew is a good man with fine, fine taste.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #546 on: December 09, 2010, 05:20:28 PM »
If you need something powerful and delicious to wash away the disappointment of the Cubs in 2011, I suggest Boulevard's Sixth Glass:

Awesome stuff.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #547 on: December 09, 2010, 11:07:48 PM »
Quote from: Eli on December 09, 2010, 05:20:28 PM
If you need something powerful and delicious to wash away the disappointment of the Cubs in 2011, I suggest Boulevard's Sixth Glass:

Awesome stuff.

I'm not feeling well. But I want a sip of that.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #548 on: December 10, 2010, 08:46:43 AM »
Adding: finally tried Lagunitas Lil' Sumpin.

Fucking great beer. I want more.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #549 on: December 10, 2010, 09:18:14 AM »
I was drinking "Brigand" on Wednesday night, not that I remember much about it.  I first had it in Amsterdam, but one of my usual haunts has started stocking it too, now, which is nice.  It's a Belgian blond, comes in around 9% ABV and is very, very good for these long winter nights.  It'll warm the cockles of your heart, so it will.

It's made by Van Honsebrouck, the same brewery that makes Kasteel, and although their website is too fucking fiddly for me to find a link to the beer itself, it looks like this :

They also do an IPA (at around 6.5% ABV) which is fucking excellent, too - indeed, it might even be better than the blond.  Unfortunately, they weren't serving that.

Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #550 on: December 10, 2010, 09:21:59 AM »
By the way, I can't remember if I've mentioned it before, but this is the go-to beer for me and pretty much every (other) Belgian I know :

Grimbergen Dubbel.  Fucking outstanding.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #551 on: December 10, 2010, 09:34:09 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on December 10, 2010, 09:21:59 AM
By the way, I can't remember if I've mentioned it before, but this is the go-to beer for me and pretty much every (other) Belgian I know :

So, you and the king, huh?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #552 on: December 10, 2010, 10:06:06 AM »

Not that Tonk needs my validation, but I second this. 

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #553 on: December 10, 2010, 10:49:11 AM »
Quote from: CT III on December 10, 2010, 09:34:09 AM

So, you and the king, huh?

I put that in specially for you, CT.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #554 on: December 10, 2010, 10:49:58 AM »
Quote from: Eli on December 10, 2010, 10:06:06 AM

Not that Tonk needs my validation, but I second this. 

I may not need it, Eli, but nonetheless it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.