News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Beer  ( 214,459 )

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Beer
« Reply #720 on: April 03, 2012, 03:36:04 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 03, 2012, 11:35:41 AM
Quote from: Oleg on April 03, 2012, 09:59:02 AM
Fell off the wagon a couple of weeks ago.

La Chouffe.  It's made from the tears of Jebus himself.

Has this been mentioned yet?  Take my enthusiasm with the usual grain of salt as you would from someone who has not sipped a beer in 16 months.

It's very good.  Have you tried the McChouffe?

McChouffe?

Did I do that right?
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #721 on: April 03, 2012, 03:39:33 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on April 03, 2012, 03:16:52 PM
Quote from: Slaky on April 03, 2012, 01:23:49 PM
Quote from: Tonker on April 03, 2012, 01:01:35 PM
Quote from: Slaky on April 03, 2012, 10:44:08 AM

Has this been mentioned yet?  Take my enthusiasm with the usual grain of salt as you would from someone who has not sipped a beer in 16 months.

I need to try this as I've been hearing about it for a while and my brother provided me with the official glassware.

I missed this first time round.  Slak?  Never had La Chouffe?  My gast is suitably flabbered.  Slak, Oleg, you need to get your arses over here and I'll take you to this bar, just round the corner from me.  For starters.

I'll be rectifying this immediately. Perhaps tonight but definitely this week.

You're going to Begium this week? 

Since I don't know most of the beers on that list, I can only comment on the American beers, and those 4-5 are an...interesting mix. 
But, count me in for a week at this place.

Ahh, Belgium, the Netherlands, they all look the same to Pen!

You Beneluxist.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #722 on: April 03, 2012, 04:09:35 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 03, 2012, 01:23:49 PM
Quote from: Tonker on April 03, 2012, 01:01:35 PM
Quote from: Slaky on April 03, 2012, 10:44:08 AM

I need to try this as I've been hearing about it for a while and my brother provided me with the official glassware.

I missed this first time round.  Slak?  Never had La Chouffe?  My gast is suitably flabbered.  Slak, Oleg, you need to get your arses over here and I'll take you to this bar, just round the corner from me.  For starters.

I'll be rectifying this immediately. Perhaps tonight but definitely this week.

You're going to Begium this week? 

Since I don't know most of the beers on that list, I can only comment on the American beers, and those 4-5 are an...interesting mix. 
But, count me in for a week at this place.

Uh, Tonk lives in the Hague not Belgium.

But no I'm going to pick up a bottle of La Chouffe.

Also, they've got a beer on tap at Owen & Engine (which is a great foodery) by Three Floyd's called Cimmerian Sabretooth Berzerker. I must have this.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #723 on: April 03, 2012, 04:56:27 PM »
In all seriousness, I'm a little disappointed that this Den Haag-Chicago exchange programme is so one-sided.  Anybody (even Yetti) that wants to come to the Netherlands is very welcome.  I'll show you some proper fucking history, and, of course, a metric shed load of beer.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #724 on: April 03, 2012, 05:19:13 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 03, 2012, 04:56:27 PM
In all seriousness, I'm a little disappointed that this Den Haag-Chicago exchange programme is so one-sided.  Anybody (even Yetti) that wants to come to the Netherlands is very welcome.  I'll show you some proper fucking history, and, of course, a metric shed load of beer.

Now I'm intrigued by this idea.  Which airport do you think is the best to fly into?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #725 on: April 03, 2012, 05:31:53 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 03, 2012, 05:19:13 PM

Now I'm intrigued by this idea.  Which airport do you think is the best to fly into?

As you may know, distances over here aren't quite the same as they are over there, so Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Brussels, Düsseldorf and Cologne are all within a few hours.  Even the London airports are fine - you can just jump on a Eurostar train and be in Brussels within three hours and Amsterdam within five.  Hell, even Frankfurt or Hamburg are only four hours by train.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #726 on: April 03, 2012, 05:34:16 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 03, 2012, 05:31:53 PM

As you may know, distances over here aren't quite the same as they are over there, so Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Brussels, Düsseldorf and Cologne are all within a few hours.  Even the London airports are fine - you can just jump on a Eurostar train and be in Brussels within three hours and Amsterdam within five.  Hell, even Frankfurt or Hamburg are only four hours by train.

Now, I'm seriously intrigued by this idea.  Maybe we can send multiple Desipiots at the same time?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #727 on: April 03, 2012, 05:35:52 PM »
Since I don't know most of the beers on that list, I can only comment on the American beers...

Perhaps it's time to broaden your horizons a bit there, Scottsdale.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #728 on: April 03, 2012, 05:37:15 PM »

Allow me to rephrase on Gil's behalf: which airport do you think is the best to fly into in full catcher's gear?

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #729 on: April 03, 2012, 06:31:01 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on April 03, 2012, 05:35:52 PM
Since I don't know most of the beers on that list, I can only comment on the American beers...

Perhaps it's time to broaden your horizons a bit there, Scottsdale.

Look, I don't know where in Australia Tonk lives and I don't want to drink Fosters, okay? 
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #730 on: April 03, 2012, 10:48:05 PM »
In all seriousness, I'm a little disappointed that this Den Haag-Chicago exchange programme is so one-sided.  Anybody (even Yetti) that wants to come to the Netherlands is very welcome.  I'll show you some proper fucking history, and, of course, a metric shed load of beer.

Intrepid Reader SKO:
Will there be taxis?
What exactly is the local method for hailing them?
Is it necessary to bring any specific coinage?
Do I need to fear for my life if I choose to ride in one?
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #731 on: April 04, 2012, 01:24:48 PM »

I'll most likely be in London at the end of June. I may just have to hop over to Brussels for a bit. Everything is so close over there, I can probably just walk or ride Huey's bike, right?

It'd admittedly be a little weird to meet a Desipiot from the Netherlands before I met any of the Chicago-based ones.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #732 on: April 04, 2012, 01:42:24 PM »
Quote from: Eli on April 04, 2012, 01:24:48 PM

I'll most likely be in London at the end of June. I may just have to hop over to Brussels for a bit. Everything is so close over there, I can probably just walk or ride Huey's bike, right?

It'd admittedly be a little weird to meet a Desipiot from the Netherlands before I met any of the Chicago-based ones.

Elitist.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #733 on: April 04, 2012, 01:56:12 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on April 04, 2012, 01:42:24 PM

Elitist Hipster.

You think you're better than us?'d

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #734 on: April 04, 2012, 02:08:04 PM »

You're better off.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16