News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Beer  ( 214,468 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Beer
« Reply #900 on: August 16, 2013, 09:07:36 AM »
Quote from: Fork on August 15, 2013, 12:29:59 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 15, 2013, 11:56:08 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on August 15, 2013, 10:56:41 AM
Quote from: Fork on August 13, 2013, 11:17:06 PM
Apparently drinking 4 St. Bernardus Abt12s is what I need to be at my best for a Puckcast.

That's a rather healthy amount of a pretty strong beer.

Particularly for a guy who doesn't drink.

Mass, boys...it's all about mass.

What does your priest have to do with this?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #901 on: August 16, 2013, 09:21:34 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 16, 2013, 09:07:36 AM
Apparently drinking 4 St. Bernardus Abt12s is what I need to be at my best for a Puckcast.

That's a secret a young Fork promised to keep between him, Father Holihan and Jesus.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #902 on: August 16, 2013, 09:54:22 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 16, 2013, 09:21:34 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 16, 2013, 09:07:36 AM

That's a secret a young Fork promised to keep between him, Father Holihan and Jesus.

And Penthouse Forum.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #903 on: September 04, 2013, 05:12:25 PM »
Redd's Strawberry Ale: something that exists.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #904 on: September 04, 2013, 06:10:23 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 04, 2013, 05:12:25 PM
Redd's Strawberry Ale: something that exists. IAN can't wait to get his hands on.

Swampjack'd.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #905 on: September 04, 2013, 06:14:19 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on September 04, 2013, 06:10:23 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 04, 2013, 05:12:25 PM
Redd's Strawberry Ale: something that exists. IAN can't wait to get his hands on.

Swampjack'd.

#FACT

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #906 on: September 18, 2013, 08:35:16 PM »
Cutting out the middle man...

QuoteA 61-year-old man — with a history of home-brewing — stumbled into a Texas emergency room complaining of dizziness. Nurses ran a Breathalyzer test. And sure enough, the man's blood alcohol concentration was a whopping 0.37 percent, or almost five times the legal limit for driving in Texas.

There was just one hitch: The man said that he hadn't touched a drop of alcohol that day.

Eventually, McCarthy and Cordell pinpointed the culprit: an overabundance of brewer's yeast in his gut.

That's right, folks. According to Cordell and McCarthy, the man's intestinal tract was acting like his own internal brewery.

The patient had an infection with Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Cordell says. So when he ate or drank a bunch of starch — a bagel, pasta or even a soda — the yeast fermented the sugars into ethanol, and he would get drunk. Essentially, he was brewing beer in his own gut. Cordell and McCarthy reported the case of "auto-brewery syndrome" a few months ago in the International Journal of Clinical Medicine.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #907 on: September 18, 2013, 09:39:29 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 18, 2013, 08:35:16 PM

QuoteA 61-year-old man — with a history of home-brewing — stumbled into a Texas emergency room complaining of dizziness. Nurses ran a Breathalyzer test. And sure enough, the man's blood alcohol concentration was a whopping 0.37 percent, or almost five times the legal limit for driving in Texas.

There was just one hitch: The man said that he hadn't touched a drop of alcohol that day.

Eventually, McCarthy and Cordell pinpointed the culprit: an overabundance of brewer's yeast in his gut.

That's right, folks. According to Cordell and McCarthy, the man's intestinal tract was acting like his own internal brewery.

The patient had an infection with Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Cordell says. So when he ate or drank a bunch of starch — a bagel, pasta or even a soda — the yeast fermented the sugars into ethanol, and he would get drunk. Essentially, he was brewing beer in his own gut. Cordell and McCarthy reported the case of "auto-brewery syndrome" a few months ago in the International Journal of Clinical Medicine.

I would like to subscribe to his newsletter.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #908 on: September 19, 2013, 02:56:35 AM »
Quote from: Fork on September 18, 2013, 09:39:29 PM

I would like to post on this thread.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #909 on: September 20, 2013, 08:42:20 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on September 19, 2013, 02:56:35 AM

They're not trying to fix it, are they?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #910 on: September 23, 2013, 08:45:57 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on September 20, 2013, 08:42:20 AM
Quote from: Tonker on September 19, 2013, 02:56:35 AM

They're not trying to fix it, are they?

Shouldn't you be booking an international flight?
TIME TO POST!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #911 on: November 05, 2013, 07:44:44 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 19, 2012, 07:05:55 PM
It's stout season. I am excited because stouts are delicious. Anyone got any good ones?

Holy Jesus, Oskar Blues Ten Fidy.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #912 on: November 06, 2013, 01:43:18 PM »
Last night I finally had Pumking and oh man it really is the king of Pums.

I also had a Bonfyre something or other that tasted like salty ham and wood. It was bad.

On top of that I had a sample of a new Goose Island collaboration which was made with sake and saison and aged in wood barrels. That could be tasty for like one beer but probably no more than that. The sake wasn't pronounced but you got the feeling in the aftertaste. Strange beer.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #913 on: November 15, 2013, 05:18:03 PM »
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #914 on: November 19, 2013, 02:04:26 PM »
Coming soon-ish (March 2014) to a fridge or tap near you.

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.