News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Treat Rodgers Like He Treats Cancer Patients: NFC Championship Thread  ( 33,298 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Treat Rodgers Like He Treats Cancer Patients: NFC Championship Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2011, 05:21:37 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 18, 2011, 03:15:14 PM
Quote from: BC on January 18, 2011, 03:13:38 PM
Long odds? Are you fucking me Press-Gazette?

They have been the media's Favorite Team (TM) ALL SEASON.

Philly was only -1.5 against them (Vegas normally gives home teams 3 points)

Atlanta was -1 against them

THEY ARE THREE POINT FAVORITES, on the road, against the Bears

At 7:5, they are currently THE FAVORITE to get to the Super Bowl.

For the love of fucking goodness, those are some LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG odds.

Whatever.

Speaking as a Bears fan, I prefer it this way.  You might recall they were consistently dissed in similar fashion in 2006. It beats having everyone walking around with your dong hanging out of their mouths before you've played a game.

I still remember every ESPN pre-game guy but Ditka picking the Saints right before they went out and were handed a 25 point beatdown.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2011, 06:31:26 PM »
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2011/01/singer-cornelison-blown-away-by-fan-support.html

QuoteFox Sports officials confirmed Tuesday that Cornelison again will do the national-anthem honors before Sunday's game against the Green Bay Packers at Soldier Field.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2011, 07:55:09 PM »
Who the fuck is Cowley? https://twitter.com/cst_Cowley. I told him no one cares what he thinks when he remarked that the Bears would earn his respect if they beat the Packers (as though they fucking need to be recognized as a good team when they're one of the last four standing) and he responds with the classic "you care. you responded"
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2011, 09:19:25 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 18, 2011, 07:55:09 PM
Who the fuck is Cowley? https://twitter.com/cst_Cowley. I told him no one cares what he thinks when he remarked that the Bears would earn his respect if they beat the Packers (as though they fucking need to be recognized as a good team when they're one of the last four standing) and he responds with the classic "you care. you responded"

Former (I think) Sox beat reporter for the Sun-Times and a Steelers fan.  I think he had brain cancer too, or something.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2011, 09:45:40 PM »
Quote from: CT III on January 18, 2011, 09:19:25 PM

Former (I think) Sox beat reporter for the Sun-Times and a Steelers fan.  I think he had brain cancer too, or something.

I thought he no-hit the AL West Champion (and near AL Champion) California Angels in 1986.

By the way, look at the White Sox' lineup. Did Kirk McCaskill retire after being kayoed from this one?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2011, 10:06:06 PM »

He had something. He's obnoxious on Twitter but his Sox reports (even though they're about the Sox) are good.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2011, 10:07:16 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 18, 2011, 10:06:06 PM

He had something. He's obnoxious on Twitter but his Sox reports (even though they're about the Sox) are good.

He looks like a pencil dick.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2011, 11:35:35 AM »
Quote from: SKO on January 18, 2011, 10:07:16 PM

He tells it like it is about the Sox. Which means that he rips them alot. Then he goes back into the clubhouse day after day. And he got into it on Twitter with Greenf, pwning him mercilessly. I don't care what he thinks about football though.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2011, 12:27:09 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 19, 2011, 11:35:35 AM

He tells it like it is about the Sox. Which means that he rips them alot. Then he goes back into the clubhouse day after day. And he got into it on Twitter with Greenf, pwning him mercilessly. I don't care what he thinks about football though.

I like him a lot.  He is a bit of an Ozzie apologist, but whatever.  He got the Toronto media into a serious snit a few months back (http://johnchidleyhill.com/?p=399).  He's also a video game fanatic.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2011, 12:30:30 PM »
Quote from: Indolent Reader on January 19, 2011, 12:27:09 PM

I like him a lot.  He is a bit of an Ozzie apologist, but whatever.  He got the Toronto media into a serious snit a few months back (http://johnchidleyhill.com/?p=399).  He's also a video game fanatic.

Fine. He's still a moran for suggesting that the Bears are still smoke and mirrors when they're in the NFC Title game.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2011, 01:12:37 PM »

He also makes fun of Phil Rogers consistently on teh Twitter.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2011, 01:50:53 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 19, 2011, 12:30:30 PM

Fine. He's still a moran for suggesting that the Bears are still smoke and mirrors when they're in the NFC Title game.

He's a Steelers fan and a bit of a troll. It's annoying but entertaining. You kind of asked for it by responding to him.

Then again, I respond to him all the time and he hasn't given me any real pushback yet. If he were Paul Sullivan he would have blocked me years ago, which Paul Sullivan did.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2011, 03:41:51 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 19, 2011, 01:50:53 PM

He's a Steelers fan and a bit of a troll. It's annoying but entertaining. You kind of asked for it by responding to him.

Then again, I respond to him all the time and he hasn't given me any real pushback yet. If he were Paul Sullivan he would have blocked me years ago, which Paul Sullivan did.

Below the knees no doubt.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2011, 11:07:00 PM »

So you're saying they are not? 

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2011, 08:11:51 AM »
Quote from: BBM on January 19, 2011, 11:07:00 PM

So you're saying they are not? 

It's something I may have touched on this year. Yeah.