News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Metra: The Way To Really Die (of heart disease)  ( 5,187 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Metra: The Way To Really Die (of heart disease)
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2010, 04:17:02 PM »
Does the snow in Chicago still turn black on top within one day of falling?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2010, 04:22:42 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 09, 2010, 04:17:02 PM

Gray now.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2010, 05:35:30 PM »
Quote from: Bort on November 09, 2010, 04:22:42 PM

Gray now.

I guess that is an improvement.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2010, 05:42:29 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 09, 2010, 05:35:30 PM
Quote from: Bort on November 09, 2010, 04:22:42 PM

Gray now.

I guess that is an improvement.

Well, it's a pretty rich charcoal.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2010, 06:27:18 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 09, 2010, 03:42:48 PM
Quote from: Kermit IV on November 09, 2010, 03:34:36 PM
Quote from: Slaky on November 09, 2010, 01:09:04 PM
Quote from: Kermit IV on November 09, 2010, 12:59:56 PM
The title of this thread is Deadpool-worthy.

That's a shame. I thought it was a decent title.

I'm 99% sure you knew I was complimenting the title, and you're mocking the occasionally-terrible Deadpool thread titles.  But in case you're not...

Solid thread title, Slak.

Trust your gut.

My gut has shit for brains.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2010, 07:01:50 PM »
Quote from: R-V on November 09, 2010, 11:38:21 AM
As if living in the suburbs didn't suck enough already.

Had to dig deep into the archives for this one...

Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2010, 08:14:59 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 09, 2010, 07:01:50 PM

Had to dig deep into the archives for this one...

Hell yes. Take your happy ass back to Dhey Plaih.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Reuschels_Jowls

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2010, 09:15:28 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 09, 2010, 01:04:47 PM
Quote from: R-V on November 09, 2010, 12:54:16 PM
Quote from: PANK! on November 09, 2010, 12:33:17 PM

You ever ride the Red Line after 9 PM, City Boy?  The noxious combination of urine and insanity can do an equally good number on men's souls.

Yup. You need to sit in the Hobo Seat to get the full experience though. I'm still cleaning the afterbirth off my shoes from my latest journey.

I once saw a crazy homeless man ranting and smoking a roach from a Red Line Hobo Seat. He would take a drag from behind the Hobo Seat Partition, then reappear, amidst some ganj smoke, talking his shit.  It was hilarious to watch everybody pretend nothing was going on.

There's a pretty high bar to clear before other passengers will intervene in the hobo corner. Been riding the L nearly every day for 15+ years, and despite dozens of similar displays as the one you mentioned, the only two times I've seen it happen were when a guy started slugging his girlfriend up there (a whole group of us held the guy and held our noses simultaneously until a cop could arrive) and another time when an obese guy started jerking off during rush hour through a hole in his sweatpants (that time my fellow passengers just hit the call button).

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2010, 06:13:59 AM »
Quote from: Reuschels_Jowls on November 09, 2010, 09:15:28 PM

You ever ride the Red Line after 9 PM, City Boy?  The noxious combination of urine and insanity can do an equally good number on men's souls.

Yup. You need to sit in the Hobo Seat to get the full experience though. I'm still cleaning the afterbirth off my shoes from my latest journey.

I once saw a crazy homeless man ranting and smoking a roach from a Red Line Hobo Seat. He would take a drag from behind the Hobo Seat Partition, then reappear, amidst some ganj smoke, talking his shit.  It was hilarious to watch everybody pretend nothing was going on.

There's a pretty high bar to clear before other passengers will intervene in the hobo corner. Been riding the L nearly every day for 15+ years, and despite dozens of similar displays as the one you mentioned, the only two times I've seen it happen were when a guy started slugging his girlfriend up there (a whole group of us held the guy and held our noses simultaneously until a cop could arrive) and another time when an obese guy started jerking off during rush hour through a hole in his sweatpants (that time my fellow passengers just hit the call button).

So you've been acquainted with both Fro Dog and Yeti.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2010, 09:37:43 AM »

Mrs. Cubbieblue once came to hear my closing argument to the jury after an eight week trial.  Afterwards I asked her what she thought.  She told me that she didn't hear a word because a homeless man sat beside her and was jerking off .  I asked why she didn't do something.  She answered that I was on a roll and that she knew that she shouldn't distract the jury.   What a gem I married!

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2010, 11:47:01 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 10, 2010, 09:37:43 AM

Mrs. Cubbieblue once came to hear my closing argument to the jury after an eight week trial.  Afterwards I asked her what she thought.  She told me that she didn't hear a word because a homeless man sat beside her and was jerking off .  I asked why she didn't do something.  She answered that I was on a roll and that she knew that she shouldn't distract the jury.   What a gem I married!

Stew is awesome. That is all.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2010, 11:52:08 AM »
Quote from: Bort on November 10, 2010, 11:47:01 AM
Quote from: CBStew on November 10, 2010, 09:37:43 AM

Stew is awesome. That is all.

Agreed.  MEME THAT!!
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.